Hi I just saw the Samsung Omnia and it looks like functionality is on par with the storm. What are your thoughts on it vs the Storm?
    03-05-09 10:56 AM
    It is WinMo, therefore it doesn't merit consideration by anyone wanting efficiency or ease of use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 11:17 AM
    storm is much better to type on!!!
    03-05-09 11:22 AM
    It is WinMo, therefore it doesn't merit consideration by anyone wanting efficiency or ease of use.

I lol'd in class when I read this^...everyone is staring at me even the professor...so much for paying attention in Entreprenuership lmfao

03-05-09 11:35 AM
    It's a dog with fleas!
    03-05-09 12:29 PM
    It's a dog with fleas!
    Never take a dog with fleas to class with you.

This means never get an Omnia.

03-05-09 01:17 PM

TWSS exactly. WinMo is the redheaded step child of the smartphone market. If you want any sort of productivity out of your device you buy a BlackBerry.
    03-05-09 01:34 PM
    Samsung makes nice dumbphones. They also do a pretty WinMo Today screen. Previous Samsung entries into the smartphone realm have had a nice look, but were lacking in ergonomics, battery life and device memory.

I looked at the Omnia. It is a pretty toy. Even though I am not a Storm fan, it still has more going for it than does anything Samsung offers and, unlike the Korean Samsung, the Storm is made in North America.

I think the key here is.. why ask a BlackBerry forum about a WinMo device?

If we thought a WinMo device was worth having, we'd be getting rid of our BlackBerrys. No BlackBerry, no CrackBerry. No CrackBerry, no response here as to our Omnia experiences.

So, the people who may have once been here, then bought an Omnia are no longer here. Check back toward the end of their 30-day trial. They will be back.

03-05-09 02:00 PM
    The Omnia is a pile. I'd stay away if possible.....I'd say over half of the ones we sell get returened.
    03-05-09 03:12 PM
    I think Twin is a little bit Bias'd .
    03-05-09 03:31 PM
    I think Twin is a little bit Bias'd .
    You bet I am.

Even though I am not as anti-WinMo as many here are. Personally, I think it will some day pass BlackBerry. When it does, I may be there.

I will admit I don't quite understand the logic behind posting this type of question here. I wouldn't go to a Mustang owner's forum to ask if I should get a Camaro, I'd not ask a Mac owner's group about a Windows PC and I'd not go to a newspaper for the truth.

This is just one of those things one does not do.

03-05-09 04:14 PM
    By the way - we all keep winking at each other, rumors will fly.

03-05-09 04:15 PM
    Red headed step child?! Lol never heard that 1 b4. And as for the wink exchange betwn Twins n Weekendbum - people disregard this-theres nothing to see here! LOL sorry I just had to joke with ya!

03-05-09 05:08 PM
    And as for the wink exchange betwn Twins n Weekendbum - people disregard this-theres nothing to see here! LOL sorry I just had to joke with ya!
    Don't forget gettinthere started it.

03-05-09 05:27 PM
    I am laughing at you guys. "Red headed step child" and "Dog with fleas"...my mamaFAB uses those all of the time!!
    03-05-09 05:38 PM
    Can I get in on the winking?
    03-05-09 07:06 PM
    Why, certainly!

03-05-09 07:17 PM
    LoL - u guus r too much - its nice to joke with some & have fun with it!

03-05-09 07:50 PM
    Lmao!

03-05-09 07:52 PM
    If its between the Omnia and Storm? Dude, Omnia would actually win!

Omnia manages to be faster and has a decent camera. Oh and wifi. Effen wifi on VERIZON!
    03-07-09 05:13 AM
    Oh and wifi. Effen wifi on VERIZON!
    And this surprises you? There have been many WiFi capable devices on VZW.

The Omnia is a WinMo device. Compared with other WinMo phones, it is maybe mid-pack.

So, mid-pack on a platform that is lacking in so many ways to BlackBerry, means that a) it isn't worth much and b) it isn't as good as the worst of the BlackBerrys.

03-07-09 11:59 AM

Omnia manages to be faster and has a decent camera. Oh and wifi. Effen wifi on VERIZON!
    Im not sure what device you used but the Omnia I tried was probably one of the worst phones I ever used.

I can see complaining that the storm is a bit slow on the fw it came with but claiming this phone is faster is completely insane in my experience.

I walked into a verizon store basically decided on this phone as an upgrade to my LG Voyager. I was looking at it online and the features looked great. So I talk to the guy at the store and he brings one out for me to try. They managed to cover up windows mobile quite well on the home screen but the ugly-ness seeps out into many different areas of the interface. Not only that the responsiveness of the touchscreen was unusable when typing even simple words(I am no stranger to touchscreen typing too) and the worst part by far is flipping the phone from portrait to landscape or the other way around. It took at least 2 seconds each time, thats a HUGE slowdown.

I cannot express my dislike for that phone enough. I just have to say if you are thinking of getting it based on stats make sure you use it. I ended up going with a Pearl for now until the Niagra comes out because my husband loves his blackberry so much I had to give them a try. I have to say its a whole different world and since verizon forces you to buy a data plan with the Omnia you might as well get a BB and save yourself the trouble.
    03-07-09 11:51 PM

Ya'll need to get a room...........................
    03-08-09 10:08 AM

Storm has a bigger or shall I say wider screen; and higher res.
    Imho with a touch device; size does matter.
    03-08-09 10:11 AM
    To actually access portions of the OS you have to use a stylus with the omnia. Add to that the stylus is attached with a small leash to the device and you have achieved lameness.

03-08-09 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD