so the more i see it and play with it, the more i want a tour. my plan is to upgrade to the s2 for $180 through verizon. then i'll sell the s2 and buy a tour and possibly make some money. first, do they keep your s1 when you upgrade? my ne2 won't restart will it? finally, if i buy a used tour, can i still bring it to verizon if it breaks? thanks
    11-30-09 01:04 AM
    If you upgrade you can keep your Storm 1. Your NE2 will reset. The only way you can get insurance/warranty through Verizon/Asurion is to buy the phone through Verizon. They will not warranty a used phone, only the original owner, only RIM will and that will take time and a big hassle.
    11-30-09 02:06 AM
    I'm going to move this thread to the Verizon Forum.
    11-30-09 10:50 AM
    so the more i see it and play with it, the more i want a tour. my plan is to upgrade to the s2 for $180 through verizon. then i'll sell the s2 and buy a tour and possibly make some money. first, do they keep your s1 when you upgrade? my ne2 won't restart will it? finally, if i buy a used tour, can i still bring it to verizon if it breaks? thanks
    Why would you not buy the Tour, instead of the Storm 2, if that's what you want. Am I missing somemthing?
    11-30-09 11:37 AM
    Why would you not buy the Tour, instead of the Storm 2, if that's what you want. Am I missing somemthing?
    I can buy the s2 for $180 then sell it new for $400. I can also sell my s1 which will cover the cost of upgrading to the s2. This gives me at least 400 for the tour, which are only 250 used

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 01:17 PM
    So all that for a 70 profit and what ever you get for your Storm......ok good luck, with that.
    11-30-09 01:28 PM
    So all that for a 70 profit and what ever you get for your Storm......ok good luck, with that.
    One reason I only buy a phone from Verizon. To me it's not worth the $70 assuming the plan even "falls into place."
    11-30-09 01:37 PM
    it really won't be hard to buy a tour, upgrade my storm, transfer everything to the tour, then sell the storm and storm 2. plus i'll make $150 and have a phone i like. that's really the only sensible way to go from a storm to tour without spending a ton of money for a new tour
    11-30-09 03:07 PM
    it really won't be hard to buy a tour, upgrade my storm, transfer everything to the tour, then sell the storm and storm 2. plus i'll make $150 and have a phone i like. that's really the only sensible way to go from a storm to tour without spending a ton of money for a new tour
    Zay gezunt.
    11-30-09 04:15 PM
    The OP can't buy a Tour because they received a special upgrade for the Storm2 for current Storm1 owners (if I'm understanding correctly). Check Craigslist, someone in my area was selling a new Tour for 100 bucks.
    11-30-09 04:34 PM
    The OP can't buy a Tour because they received a special upgrade for the Storm2 for current Storm1 owners (if I'm understanding correctly). Check Craigslist, someone in my area was selling a new Tour for 100 bucks.
    What the op is saying is he got an s2 at a discount. He will sell the s1 and s2 for $400. Then said op will turn around and buy a used Tour for $250 making $150 in the process.
    11-30-09 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD