11-24-09 10:43 PM
31 12
tools
    Here is my situation. I to have been givin the run around by VZW reps/both in store and over the phone. I am currently an alltel coustomer in North Dakota. My situation is kind of hairy because in this area we are not being "converted" to VZW. We keep our stores and everything. The rumor is, however, that we are going to become AT&T.

My current contract is up Feb. of 2011, but my 1 year mark is this coming Feb. As far as I know I will be able to pay alittle extra and do an early upgrade.

My question is as an Alltel coustomer, will I be able to do an early upgrade to a VZW device even tho I am in a region wich is not entirly eaten up by VZW??

Every rep I have spoken to seems to think that I am not eligible to get a VZW device with a Alltel Contract. I would REALLY hate to have to convert to VZW!
    11-23-09 07:53 PM
    If your in the area that is going to be converted to AT&T and still have Alltel stores, My question is why are you even talking to VZW reps.
    To make sure I have this straight, you still have brick and mortar Alltel stores (which will be AT&T) and your going into an VZW store to upgrade??? why would you even think you could do that?
    11-23-09 09:39 PM
    If your in the area that is going to be converted to AT&T and still have Alltel stores, My question is why are you even talking to VZW reps.
    To make sure I have this straight, you still have brick and mortar Alltel stores (which will be AT&T) and your going into an VZW store to upgrade??? why would you even think you could do that?
    Yes we do have brick and morter Alltel stores. The AT&T thing is just "in the works" Not for certain, at least I havnt heard of a date and time or even if it is fact. But if Alltel is Verizon, it shouldnt matter if we have Alltel stores still or not. From what I garther, shouldnt I still be able to upgrade to a VZW device?
    11-24-09 04:54 PM
    The reason that you cannot upgade is because your AllTel stores are not transitioning to Verizon. Your area is being sold off and being that you are still under contract with AllTel, you are basically stuck until your contrct is up or att takes you over. Technically Verizon owns you (AllTel) but cannot keep you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 05:00 PM
    Here is my situation. I to have been givin the run around by VZW reps/both in store and over the phone. I am currently an alltel coustomer in North Dakota. My situation is kind of hairy because in this area we are not being "converted" to VZW. We keep our stores and everything. The rumor is, however, that we are going to become AT&T.

My current contract is up Feb. of 2011, but my 1 year mark is this coming Feb. As far as I know I will be able to pay alittle extra and do an early upgrade.

My question is as an Alltel coustomer, will I be able to do an early upgrade to a VZW device even tho I am in a region wich is not entirly eaten up by VZW??

Every rep I have spoken to seems to think that I am not eligible to get a VZW device with a Alltel Contract. I would REALLY hate to have to convert to VZW!
    Don't blame Verizon for giving you the run around, as you are in no way a Verizon customer, and in no way are they able to assist you. You are considered a divested customer, and will not become part of Verizon at any point...
    11-24-09 08:10 PM
    R.O.C. That's what I was trying to get across.
    Like when AT&T bought Sun-Com, some areas stayed Sun-Com.
    So again m jameson1, no way are you any part of VZW, you are Alltel and will be until AT&T takes over your account.
    11-24-09 10:43 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD