So... just to be annoying.

In all seriousness, I lost track of all the posts, but what is the phone that is rumoured to come out after the Tour that will have Wi-Fi? (Edited - Please note I said the phone that is rumored to have Wi-Fi. This is in response to all the negative response afterwards... and in premenition of future nastiness. I am in NO WAY demanding that it actually be on there!!)

I'd like to have the option that email will come over while on the 5 or 6 weekly horrific 1-2 hour long conference calls... Other than that, while the lure of a new phone is pretty strong, my Pearl really does work fine right now.

Thanks!
    Last edited by angelalynn79; 06-01-09 at 06:29 PM.
    05-31-09 06:04 PM
    Just when I thought The WIFI issue was calming down it rises it ugly head again.

But I will still answer your question.

RIM is putting the WIFI Device.

Specs:

nothing but wifi

no phone
    no browser
    no BBM
    no third party apps allowed.
    no email

3k of ram
    05-31-09 06:48 PM
    Just when I thought The WIFI issue was calming down it rises it ugly head again.

Specs:

nothing but wifi

no phone
    no browser
    no BBM
    no email

3k of ram
    Dude he didn't start a thread bashing VZW for no wifi...he asked which device was going to have wifi

And I believe the Storm 2 is the one you're looking for.
    05-31-09 06:52 PM
    Dude he didn't start a thread bashing VZW for no wifi...he asked which device was going to have wifi

And I believe the Storm 2 is the one you're looking for.
    Thats not my point, my point I think that those of us here are tired of it and need a break. every thread started on this nature has reverted to VZW not having WIFI. Not mention the tension of this topic has cause many of threads here to be locked.

I will not speak for others here, but the past few days without this discusion has been rather refreshing.

Now if there was a WIFI thread that was of intelligent debate, this would be nice and very needed.
    05-31-09 06:57 PM
    Thats not my point, my point I think that those of us here are tired of it and need a break. every thread started on this nature has reverted to VZW not having WIFI. Not mention the tension of this topic has cause many of threads here to be locked.

I will not speak for others here, but the past few days without this discusion has been rather refreshing.

Now if there was a WIFI thread that was of intelligent debate, this would be nice and very needed.
    I just don't see anything wrong with him asking which device it is that will have wifi...And there is a solution for not reading the posts where people complain about wifi...don't read the posts where people complain about wifi...

pretty simple.
    05-31-09 07:13 PM
    I just don't see anything wrong with him asking which device it is that will have wifi...And there is a solution for not reading the posts where people complain about wifi...don't read the posts where people complain about wifi...

pretty simple.
    Well, I hope I am wrong in this case. I will be watching the out come.
    05-31-09 07:29 PM
    It was rumored that the Curve would have WiFi. Then Storm. Then Pearl2. Then Niagara.

Oops - all wrong.

So the rumors really mean nothing. To date, RIM has not been willing or able to do WiFi on a CDMA BlackBerry.

When you see one introduced, it will be real. Until then, I think they may have their hands full with dual-mode CDMA/LTE devices.

I'd not hold out hope for WiFi.

After that, I agree with LR. The WiFi issue is old. As I said before, when one arrives. It will arrive. I'd not hold my breath.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 11:02 PM
    One other thing - I don't think an Angelalynn would be a dude or a he.

05-31-09 11:03 PM
    good call twins...nomenclature win!
    05-31-09 11:37 PM

Specs:

nothing but wifi

no phone
    no browser
    no BBM
    no email

3k of ram
    You forgot

no screen
    no buttons

no jumper cables
    06-01-09 12:09 AM
    if you do want the rumor mill -

Its been "RUMORED" and yes I stress "RUMORED"

that every blackberry phone after the tour will have wi-fi on vzw..

I don't count on that myself but eh thats the rumor..

so next up would be ODIN which is the storm 2 and the gemini type device.. (donno the cdma name of it)
    06-01-09 03:52 AM
    Just my opinion, but I think the GSM carriers rely on WIFI so much because their 3G coverage sucks. With VZW, pretty much their whole coverage area is 3G, so it isn't as necessary.

Just my opinion. I understand there are technlogy challenges too.
    06-01-09 07:36 AM
    Ok guys were not getting into a VZW Wifi complaining session...we answered angelalynn's question...now lets stop proving lastraid right.
    06-01-09 12:10 PM
    There are a couple of things that I havent seen on the forums yet....first of all - new -phones = a few android phones by the end of the year....and ....wait for it.....The Palm Pre in 6 months or less. This is information I got off of a resource for verizon employees called Infocenter.
    06-01-09 12:29 PM
    no, there are threads about it already...
    06-01-09 01:12 PM

Specs:

nothing but wifi

no phone
    no browser
    no BBM
    no email

3k of ram
    I really had no intentions of p*ssing in your cheerios this morning!!

If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. What is WRONG, EXACTLY with hoping that it might?

And can you point out where I complained? Absolutely I did not. As a matter of fact, my point was that at the moment I am happy with the phone I've got so unless it has this new feature, I wouldn't go rush to buy a new one... That sounds TO ME like I'm pretty content... The exact OPPOSITE of complaining!!!

You have way too many negative pressumptions... no wonder you're always frustrated all of the time.

To everyone else - THANK YOU! It was just a question, and you answered it. And Twins.. Thank you... Love you for that!

And PS -By the way - it's not your forum, so get over yourself. Regardless of whether or not you like the fact that the question was being asked, it's not up to you to decide whether or not I can ask it, or decide (read into) the reasons why I am asking it. This is an open forum, which means that many walks of life will come on here and ask questions, read posts, and reply to things, and in ways, that you may or may not agree with. You don't have to read it, you don't have to respond, and you don't have to have anything to do with anyone on these boards that you decide not to. There's always going to be questions on here you don't like, because it's not your decision whether or not they show up! So continue with your nasty comments, it won't stop me from asking (innocent) questions.
    Last edited by angelalynn79; 06-01-09 at 06:27 PM.
    06-01-09 06:18 PM
    cheerios
    If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. What is WRONG, EXACTLY with hoping that it might?
    There's nothing wrong with it and I'm hoping to that we'll get one soon.

There seem to be those that think having wifi on a blackberry is the dumbest thing and that wifi only belongs on a laptop. IMO the ones that complain about the complainers need to just skip over some threads and be happy and practice what they preach. This is a internet forum where people of all different types show up and say what they think.
    06-01-09 07:32 PM
    There's nothing wrong with it and I'm hoping to that we'll get one soon.

There seem to be those that think having wifi on a blackberry is the dumbest thing and that wifi only belongs on a laptop. IMO the ones that complain about the complainers need to just skip over some threads and bb happy and practice what they preach. This is a internet forum where people of all different types show up and say what they think.
    Yes sir. We can only hope. Storm 2 is supposed to have it. If that's so, then they need to just put it in all future BB'S. I'm not a developer, so I really can't say much about how wifi on a CDMA device will can be an issue in pther areas of the phone, but I'm sure that there are issues. Whatever those issues are, I'm hoping Research can solve them in the near future & deliver devices that us loyal CDMA users dream of.
    06-01-09 07:42 PM
    I actually have more of a actual need for gps then wifi but it looks like we are good to go with gps on all berries after the storm . I am all for wifi to. IMO the more options the better this is 2009

06-01-09 07:51 PM
    I really had no intentions of p*ssing in your cheerios this morning!!

And can you point out where I complained? Absolutely I did not. As a matter of fact, my point was that at the moment I am happy with the phone I've got so unless it has this new feature, I wouldn't go rush to buy a new one... That sounds TO ME like I'm pretty content... The exact OPPOSITE of complaining!!!

You have way too many negative pressumptions... no wonder you're always frustrated all of the time.

To everyone else - THANK YOU! It was just a question, and you answered it. And Twins.. Thank you... Love you for that!

And PS -By the way - it's not your forum, so get over yourself. Regardless of whether or not you like the fact that the question was being asked, it's not up to you to decide whether or not I can ask it, or decide (read into) the reasons why I am asking it. This is an open forum, which means that many walks of life will come on here and ask questions, read posts, and reply to things, and in ways, that you may or may not agree with. You don't have to read it, you don't have to respond, and you don't have to have anything to do with anyone on these boards that you decide not to. There's always going to be questions on here you don't like, because it's not your decision whether or not they show up! So continue with your nasty comments, it won't stop me from asking (innocent) questions.
    Never once said you could not ask, never said it was my thread, forum, or board. I am sure once you have been around here for a bit, you will understand and what you have missed with the other 94 threads on this matter.

As a matter of fact If I am not mistaken you stated you lost track of the threads on the subject. Search is your best friend. If you review most of my other posts here, with exception to the WIFI subject and mostly in there as well, you will I am quite helpful, humorus, and few other choice words I am sure, that am not that bad.

Heck, I have even proved wrong a few times and thank the person for the lesson learned.

Have a nice day and keep asking.
    06-01-09 07:58 PM
    You forgot

no screen
    no buttons

no jumper cables
    One more thing the 3- AAA batteries to run it, that you need to change every 30minutes.
    06-01-09 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD