05-10-09 08:28 AM
39 12
tools
    yes, but you will be unable to receive phone call while tethered....
    Until lte hits, then all bets are off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 01:15 AM
    I just came back from a meeting and saw the netbook, it's an HP, it's actually very nice. I was very surprised at the size of keys. We have no info on price of equipment or how the plans will be configured.
    05-06-09 10:51 AM
    My feeling is that the Verizon netbooks will be price compatible with the ATT offering, but we shall see soon. I already have a Acer Aspire and I love that thing!
    05-06-09 11:46 AM
    My feeling is that the Verizon netbooks will be price compatible with the ATT offering, but we shall see soon. I already have a Acer Aspire and I love that thing!
    One of my good friends has an Acer too, possibly the model you have, and I think it's a great unit too.
    05-06-09 01:29 PM
    Its a small HP laptop with a 10 inch screen. Built in broadband access. its $100 with a $50 mail in rebate on a 2 year contract. The contract includes the $59.99 %gb broadband access.
    I saw it yesterday when our dsc came in. I was also told that there would be tiered pricing for the broadband access on the netbook and that it would effect the price of the netbook. As in 2yr 59.99 = $99 netbook, 2yr 39.99 = more..I wasnt given any more firm prices but I think the tiered thing would be nice..the plans we have now for tiered service with aircards are stupid.
    05-07-09 09:50 AM
    Ummm this could get expensive folks!

$59.95 for a unlimited 5GB limit plan
    or are your ready!
    $199.95 for a unlimited 10GB limit plan.

I suppose if they built in some intelligence to automatically switch from broadband to wifi it might help or have the netbook notify you as you were approaching the limit you might be good as well. The penalty for going over is SHOCKING!
    05-07-09 10:28 AM
    Way too expensive. For the $199 plan, it should be truly unlimited not 10gb cap, phone service with a USB phone solution, and should make some pancakes when you want some.
    05-07-09 11:32 AM
    Ummm this could get expensive folks!

$59.95 for a unlimited 5GB limit plan
    or are your ready!
    $199.95 for a unlimited 10GB limit plan.

I suppose if they built in some intelligence to automatically switch from broadband to wifi it might help or have the netbook notify you as you were approaching the limit you might be good as well. The penalty for going over is SHOCKING!

Ummm...those pricing options have been around for months. We've joked that its cheaper to get two aircards at the 59 than it is to get the other. Now it might not automatically switch you from broadband to wifi but when you start up vz access manager a popup comes up and tells you what your current useage is so you can monitor how close you are to your limit
    05-07-09 03:47 PM
    I updated the First post with the details of the new Netbook from VZW.
    05-09-09 05:53 PM
    Will we see a "Forgiveness" data cap @ $250 x1, x2, x? then full blown overages charges @ mb prices? I wonder if there is an outright purchase price as well, to convert an existing aircard or upgrade from something like a 5740 into this thing.
    05-09-09 09:18 PM
    Will we see a "Forgiveness" data cap @ $250 x1, x2, x? then full blown overages charges @ mb prices? I wonder if there is an outright purchase price as well, to convert an existing aircard or upgrade from something like a 5740 into this thing.
    IF you have a 5740. you should be able to upgrade. this is a very old device
    05-09-09 09:25 PM
    IF you have a 5740. you should be able to upgrade. this is a very old device
    I do not, just curious. I know several who are, and this seems like a nice upgrade, including replacing the outdated computer as well. All in one @ similar price as an upper end card itself.. think $...
    05-09-09 09:32 PM
    It should be the week of 11-17, probably that Friday

I don't know if they will be HP.
    They are, I held one twice this week.
    05-09-09 11:10 PM
    Yes they are coming, no release dates yet that I know of
    Agreed... we know they are coming but we didnt get a release date yet...
    sooner the better. I'm all over it.. I need a new laptop but I dont want to invest a lot of money for the hardware bc I dont use it OFTEN enough.
    I'm more than willing to pay the monthly cost though... I'm actually going to look into getting the netbook but then using my BB to tether. ( cheaper... )

Did you know that my tether is faster than my wifi!????
    05-10-09 08:28 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD