Question for you VZ whiz's out there:

Several years ago i changed jobs and my new company allowed me to roll my (then) personal VZW account into their business plan. They then paid the bill for the last few years. Now, i am leaving the company and would like to roll my number back into a personal account.

I know i will need my company VZW rep to "release" my number so i can go into the store and port it to a personal account, but does anyone know how I will be treated in terms of new phone purchase? New account? Will i be treated like there was no change and keep my NE2 date & rate ($100)?

What if i port my number from VZ to Sprint, stay 29 days, and port back to VZ? Will they know i was a previous customer? I know my company will need my phone back, so i am worried about having to pay full retail (or Ebay).

Will it all come down to the customer service rep and their 'flexibility' with my situation?
    06-01-10 04:04 PM
    I know i will need my company VZW rep to "release" my number so i can go into the store and port it to a personal account, but does anyone know how I will be treated in terms of new phone purchase? New account? Will i be treated like there was no change and keep my NE2 date & rate ($100)?
    If your employer is willing to let you keep your number, why don't you ask if you can keep your phone, or at least see if they'll accept some sort of reimbursement to keep the phone.

I have no idea about how it will work with switching from a business to a personal account for a line, but maybe keeping the phone is an option.
    06-01-10 07:43 PM
    I did the same thing 2 years ago. VZW gave me $100 off the phone. They didn't consider me a new customer. Don't know about porting to Sprint and then coming back.

S

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD