Whenever your trying to call someone with Verizon and they are all the other line, you hear that extra tone after the initial ring, is there a way to shut that off. Gets annoying during conference calls and people keep calling for me to answer but I can't and they do nothing but keep calling since they know I'm on the phone.
    12-30-08 01:19 AM
    you talking about call waiting. or the tone when the phone is ringing in the ear piece?
    12-30-08 10:52 AM
    only way i found out to get around that is by adding a ringback tone, so when your on the line and someone calls you they hear music and no ring.
    12-30-08 11:12 AM
    I figured but since I get a lot of work calls, I can't do the music ringback tone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 11:14 AM
    If youre talking abt the beep that basically tells the person that is calling you that ur on the phone, Its called a distinct ringback tone...Its not a normal ringback tone...If you want it removed you have to call technical support...
    12-30-08 11:36 AM
    This is one of the features I wish more people knew about. Its nice to be able to tell if the party you're calling is available.

12-30-08 05:08 PM
    This feature is not available in all areas (based on the type of switch that your phone number is based out of), and although technical support used to be able to modify it and turn it off.... we are no longer able to do so as far as I know. I will check though and get back....
    12-31-08 04:51 AM
    I know some don't like this due to privacy issues, the folks who call me seem to appreciate it, as do I when calling others.

If it is not that important, many will try again later. At the very least, it limits the number of times I have to cut off someone to tell them I already have a call on hold.

12-31-08 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD