06-16-09 08:51 AM
30 12
tools
    i looked and haven't seen any posts on this yet so forgive me if there are some

I just got my curve on friday and have been using it non-stop (i'm in love)

anyway I have noticed that the ringer volume is not that loud and i have my profiles set to "loud"

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I have a friend that has the at&t curve and his is very loud especially on music playback, but my curve pales in comparison!

Thanks in advance for any help
    05-11-08 04:22 PM
    idk mine is pretty loud maybe the ringtone that your using isn't that loud
    05-11-08 08:39 PM
    thanks for the feedback, i have tried a few ringtones and even the ones that came pre-installed on the curve aren't that loud.

i hate to have take the phone back already to see if there is a problem
    05-11-08 09:49 PM
    Go to the 8830 thread and download the ring tone they have posted there. Its so loud itll wake the neighbors, which sucks cause they are flesh eating zombies and I forget to lock my door alot.
    05-12-08 02:17 AM
    I haven't noticed any ringer volume issues on mine. The volume is a lot louder than my 8830.
    05-12-08 08:19 AM
    I haven't noticed any ringer volume issues on mine. The volume is a lot louder than my 8830.
    Yep same here. working well here. very very loud on all tones.
    05-12-08 08:21 AM
    I have some loud ringtones stored at this link, if you want, look for the ones named ending in "loud".
    05-12-08 08:22 AM
    thanks guys for all your help, I will give some of these ringtones a try and let you know what the outcome is
    05-12-08 09:58 AM
    go to Myxer - Download Ringtones and More and create a login name- it's free. Then search for a ringtone, customize before you send it, and then adjust the volume and select which part of the song you want. THEN send it

I use this site all the time for my 8830...
    05-12-08 10:07 AM
    I think that the ringer on my 8330 is quite a bit louder than my old 8830. But I know that the 8830 low ring volume was a known issue with that model.
    05-12-08 10:11 AM
    I have tried this website and even set the ringtones to loudest before I have sent them, and they are lower than what is on the phone...a lot lower. I'm not sure what is going on here
    05-12-08 10:52 PM
    Definitely much louder than my 8830!
    05-13-08 09:20 PM
    I am having the same issue and it is SO frustrating.
    05-14-08 10:45 PM
    I don't know if you tried this yet but it is worth to go in and try to play with the settings.

click on profiles, scroll down to advanced, click on loud, scroll down and click phone, and make sure it is set to high. I bought the Curve and it is really loud! It is CURVALICIOUS! LOL
    Last edited by tiffee818; 05-14-08 at 11:28 PM.
    05-14-08 11:03 PM
    I don't know if you tried this yet but it is worth to go in and try to play with the settings.

click on profiles, scroll down to advanced, click on loud, scroll down and click phone, and make sure it is set to high. I bought the Curve and it is really loud! It is CURVALICIOUS! LOL

thanks tiffee818 for the suggestion, I have actually done that with both of the curves from Verizon I have had now and even set on high, they sound like they are on low to medium at best.

I keep reading how everyone says they are so loud, so hopefully my third one will be a charm and work properly and be LOUD...lol
    05-15-08 07:51 AM
    Good Luck! Sorry! I just download the music ring tones. Have fun!
    05-15-08 02:08 PM
    I wish I had the problem of my ring tones being too low because mine are way too loud. And forget about any custom music ring tones, they are all so loud that I'm afraid they are going to blow out my speakers.
    05-31-08 08:47 AM
    no volume issues here. mine woke me up @ 3am today for an issue at work. ain't being on call fun?!?
    05-31-08 12:21 PM
    I agree that none of alerts and ringers are particularly loud on this phone, compared to the LG and Motorola cell phones I've used in the past. The speakerphone isn't very loud either so I don't think it's something you can fix with a ringtone, I suspect it just has a wimpy speaker.

What I did was set my profiles so that the first ring or alert is vibrate, since it's usually in my pocket or sitting on a wood desk, which usually gets my attention before it rings. But even with that I've still missed calls because the 8330 just isn't loud enough in general for life in the big city.

Definitely the loudest alert on the phone is "Sonar" which I use for emails. Ugly sound though, not a great ringtone, but it's relatively audible!
    05-31-08 02:03 PM
    I am also having major problems with my new 8300. My husband and I bought 2. His is very loud, mine is very low. I returned it 3 times, and I am now on my fourth, still very low. What I notice also, is that the phone seems to have a problem coming out of "headset" mode. So when the headset is unplugged, the speaker phone etc is extremely low. If anyone finds a fix, please post asap.
    06-04-08 03:53 PM
    I have a question but not really volume, but kinda. It seems that when my keypad is locked, that I do not receive calls, not missed or anything? Anyone else have this issue?
    06-08-08 10:06 AM
    I have the same problem on my alltel curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 10:36 AM
    Mine is the same. I've done everything and it still sounds medium.
    12-12-08 01:10 AM
    I have the same issue as you. A friend is with AT&T and his 8330 ringer volume is MUCH LOUDER. I can't find anyone that knows of a fix.
    01-26-09 06:25 PM
    1. Go to profiles.
    2. Scroll down to bottom and select advanced.
    3. Select profile you want change.
    4. Press menu button.
    5. Choose edit.
    6. Select what you want to change. (phone)

Do 7-9 for both in holster and out of holster.

7. Scroll down to Volume.
    8. Press trackball.
    9. Chose the volume level. (High)
    10. Press menu button.
    11. Select save.
    06-05-09 02:45 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD