01-06-09 03:41 PM
35 12
tools
    where can i do that?!?!?! i've always been wanting to do that![/quote]

After logging in to set up your ringback tone, there is an option, on the right part of the screen. I don't remember what it is called exactly, but it lets you edit the settings, including adding Spanish.
    01-05-09 03:43 PM
    where can i do that?!?!?! i've always been wanting to do that!
    After logging in to set up your ringback tone, there is an option, on the right part of the screen. I don't remember what it is called exactly, but it lets you edit the settings, including adding Spanish.
    01-05-09 03:45 PM
    scurvydlicious is right, ringback tones will work on bb, and so do ring tones, but ringtones you have to get from a 3rd party, can't do it through Verizon. But the Ringback tones are on our end (I work for Verizon) and you can get them on your bb
    Perhaps it's Scurvy's writing style that is misleading. You CAN get ringtones and ringback tones for your BB, directly from your VZW account. I have 'em, and like them. What is a bit more difficult, is obtaining other tones from 3rd party vendors. VZW has some decent ones, though, so if you're a VZW customer, log in to your onlilne account and check 'em out.
    01-05-09 03:58 PM
    I have been unable to get ringtones from Verizon. I was told by a rep that BB can only get ringback tones. But now I would never want ringtones from Verizon because I can get them free elsewhere.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 04:03 PM
    One of the reasons I love my BB so much is that you don't have to subscribe to get it now and pay for ringtones.

2 of my favorite sites for getting tones are, here on CB and at www.zedge.net all FREE!
    01-05-09 04:09 PM
    01-05-09 05:42 PM
    Thanks Heavy, that seems like a good site too!
    01-05-09 05:55 PM
    tuneusin didn't, in my experience, have the "latest" chart-toppers for any genre. If you're one of those people who constantly wants the newest songs playing as your ringtone (I'm not, but my girlfriend suuuuuuuuuure is ) check out myxer.com.
    01-06-09 12:12 PM
    I agree. I can't stand them. "Please enjoy the music while your party.....".
    you can remove that message.

to the OP: you can buy, manage your ringback tones from the VZW website.
    Verizon Wireless: Ringback Tones
    01-06-09 12:14 PM
    What is a bit more difficult, is obtaining other tones from 3rd party vendors.
    There is no way to get 3rd party tunes for Ring Back Tones. RBT is switch based, meaning the tunes are routed through the switch. The carrier has licensing covering the tunes going through their switch and won't add anything from outside as this may violate copyright licensing.

Your ringtones are on your device and are completely independent of the carrier network. Because of this, you can add whatever tune you want, as long as you know how to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 03:41 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD