01-06-09 04:41 PM
35 12
tools
    I have just upgraded to my first Blackberry ( Storm ). In the past I have always had a flip phone and I am very big on having my ringback tones follow me to my new upgrade. Well, I purchased and recieved my Blackberry Storm and as of yet have not been able to get ringbacktones on the Blackberry. Verizon techs have been working on it for 3 weeks and still have not resolved the issue. I called 611 yesterday and she informed me that Blackberry does not support ringback tones and I will be sadly disappointed when the techs never call or resolve the issue and my 30 day trial period has expired. Why does a high tech phone such as the New Blackberry Storm have all those great features and applications but I can't get ONE SINGLE RINGBACK TONE? Is this true? No ringbacktones on the Blackberry phones? Someone, anyone have any info? Thanx
    01-02-09 02:52 AM
    My friend has a bb pearl as she has had ringback tones on it for awhile.....not sure how or what she did but she has them....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 07:04 AM
    I have a Blackberry Curve, and I have ringback tones. They are a system thing, they don't reside on your phone ( as in you download ringtones, you setup ringback tones ). I'm sure tech support will fix your issue, probably just an issue with your account.
    01-02-09 12:18 PM
    Ringback tones should not be a reason to not keep a phone. Personally I hate ringback tones. I hang up immediately if I call someone and get one. If they need to talk to me, they can call me.

01-02-09 12:27 PM
    Ringback tones should not be a reason to not keep a phone. Personally I hate ringback tones. I hang up immediately if I call someone and get one. If they need to talk to me, they can call me.

I agree. I can't stand them. "Please enjoy the music while your party.....".
    01-02-09 02:06 PM
    scurvydlicious is right, ringback tones will work on bb, and so do ring tones, but ringtones you have to get from a 3rd party, can't do it through Verizon. But the Ringback tones are on our end (I work for Verizon) and you can get them on your bb
    01-02-09 02:16 PM
    I agree. I can't stand them. "Please enjoy the music while your party.....".
    You can actually deactivate that greeting as well, so in stead of "Please enjoy the music while your party is reached....", it starts off playing music without that intro.
    01-02-09 02:59 PM
    It is amazing that a Verizon tech support rep told you Blackberries are not compatible with ringback tones. This just further proves the ignorance of some Verizon reps., At any rate....

Ringback tones are indeed compatible with all Blackberry devices on Verizon's network, however Blackberries do not support get it now, so you will need to login to your account through verizonwireless.com and manage your ringback tones through the website.
    01-02-09 03:12 PM
    scurvydlicious is right, ringback tones will work on bb, and so do ring tones, but ringtones you have to get from a 3rd party, can't do it through Verizon. But the Ringback tones are on our end (I work for Verizon) and you can get them on your bb
    I cannot believe you work for Verizon. Did you go through training?

Please see my above post. Sheesh.
    01-02-09 03:13 PM
    You can access your ringback tones on the VZW site ... purchase and manage them that way. No need to get discouraged! I'm not sure why the rep would have told you that they can't be used with BB??
    01-02-09 04:00 PM

I hate them also. My wife has one on her line. I currently do not, and probably never will. If I could find something professional sounding, and not the latest bubblegum top 20 song, I might consider it.
    01-02-09 07:20 PM
    I cannot believe you work for Verizon. Did you go through training?

Please see my above post. Sheesh.
    What exactly is incorrect with what he said? Info looks correct to me.
    01-03-09 08:04 PM
    What exactly is incorrect with what he said? Info looks correct to me.
    Um. The entire post. Ringback tones are completely compatible with blackberries through vzw.

01-03-09 08:07 PM
    Um. The entire post. Ringback tones are completely compatible with blackberries through vzw.

I am not sure what you are reading Jena. He describes how RBTs are held on Verizon's end and they ARE compatible with BlackBerrys...

I suggest slowing down next time and rereading a post before you dispute it. Just scroll up and reread what you quoted from boisechic888.
    01-03-09 08:12 PM
    You're right I misread.

And I suggest you not advise others on how to read posts; you aren't the forum police. Thanks, muffin.

01-03-09 08:18 PM
    Thanks Skiffy for having my back, I too saw nothing wrong with what I posted. Maybe we do need Forum Police for people who think they are better then others..... But whatever just my opinion
    01-03-09 08:31 PM
    You are correct. Me misinterpreting your initial post clearly indicates that I believe I'm better than you. I win.

01-03-09 08:37 PM
    You are correct. Me misinterpreting your initial post clearly indicates that I believe I'm better than you. I win.

Awwm ok, that made no sense! But whatever you need to tell yourself to make yourself happy, and sleep better at night!
    01-03-09 08:45 PM
    I hate them also. My wife has one on her line. I currently do not, and probably never will. If I could find something professional sounding, and not the latest bubblegum top 20 song, I might consider it.
    Put some classical music on there
    01-04-09 02:22 PM
    I have ringback tones on my blackberry storm!!
    01-04-09 02:25 PM
    If RBTs are the clincher for you to get rid of this awesome phone...you dont need it in the first place.

I have RBTs on my blackberry with Verizon.
    01-04-09 09:10 PM
    Aghhh, I broke. I purchased a ringback tone. It is set up only for my friends who pretty much don't call me because they are too busy texting me. Haha.

I did switch the default to the Verizon Classical selection, which sounds very nice.
    01-05-09 03:23 PM
    You can actually deactivate that greeting as well, so in stead of "Please enjoy the music while your party is reached....", it starts off playing music without that intro.
    [/QUOTE]

where can i do that?!?!?! i've always been wanting to do that!
    01-05-09 04:06 PM
    I am not sure what you are reading Jena. He describes how RBTs are held on Verizon's end and they ARE compatible with BlackBerrys...

I suggest slowing down next time and rereading a post before you dispute it. Just scroll up and reread what you quoted from boisechic888.
    I agree totally! The rep was completely right.
    01-05-09 04:14 PM

jenay....I don't understand why you can never say your wrong??? You constantly flame people, even when they are right!

You were very rude to this rep when her info was completely right! I think a proper apology to her is in order! Geesh, just be nice!
    01-05-09 04:20 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD