We had to replace my Wife's curve a couple of months ago. Went to the store, they cofirmed the problem, they placed the order for a warranty replacement.

Replacement received and I promptly packaged up the pld phone and gave it to the FedEx guy at our office who took it.

Some months later, I get a bill for non-return. All I have is a tracking # and of course, FedEx has no record of the darn phone.

And to top it off, the receipt for the FedEx label only has it insured fro $100.00!

Anyone ever had this happen? Seems like a very flawed system. I have called and called with no luck.

chaz
    Last edited by chaznsc; 01-13-09 at 01:31 PM.
    01-13-09 01:12 PM
    Did it show up on FedEx's website at all (tracking)?
    01-13-09 01:29 PM
    nope! But my secretary knows it was picked up.
    01-13-09 01:29 PM
    I had a similar problem with Sprint one time. I got a replacement phone, packed up the old one and dropped it off for delivery. 2 months later I got a bill for the unreturned equipment like you did. I got nasty calls from Sprint for weeks. One CSR actually told me that sometimes the returned phones make it back to the warehouse where sometimes they are logged in wrong, lost there, or stolen. Next CSR I talked to said that wasn't true and I would have to pay anyway.
    My advice would be to get everyone's name that you talk to every time you talk to them. If you don't have a tracking number it is your word against their's. I went ahead and payed all the other bill I owed but never paid for the phone. I had a real hard time (on principle) with the idea of paying anyway. My advice would be to go over everyone's head and talk to the main super and see where that takes you.
    Other than that if they don't get it and you don't have proof that you sent it (like me) they will insist on you paying. Then you will have to decide what other steps you can take ie. Pay your bill minus the cost of the phone. Pay for all of it anyway. Leave carrier etc.
    Next time pay a few bucks to insure and track. It will be worth the money in the end.
    Trust me. I really learned my lesson the hard way too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 01:32 PM
    I tried the "going to the next level" and got shut down at level 2. "There is nobody else but me to talk to"......wow, and Verizon depends on you for CS?

Looks like I am out 400 dollars.
    01-13-09 01:36 PM
    nope! But my secretary knows it was picked up.
    Did you get some sort of receipt from the FedEx driver? If so, I'd bring it to their attention. Doubt that anything would come of it but, you could at least try.

Good luck to you.
    01-13-09 01:38 PM
    No, stupid me. I just did what the instructions tell you to do.
    01-13-09 01:40 PM
    I would bring in the bill and the FedEx tracking label to your local store and talk to a store manager and explain your situation. If that does not work ask for the number/email for the district manager.
    01-13-09 01:49 PM
    Wow I know that is really frustrating. I think all CSR's in most call centers are trained to keep the customer from talking to "The Man". Maybe if you take the reciept you do have to your local store they will be willing to work with you there. You may also be able to talk to a main manager that will connect you with the place where the phone was shipped. They may be able to tell you something different there. I don't know why they think anyone would want to keep a broken phone. I hope you can get it worked out soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 02:03 PM
    Exactly, and I had proof the phone was broken. We took it to the store and they took care of the actual order. The whole deal with the replacements is flawed in my opinion.

We are working the FedEx angle now.
    01-13-09 02:24 PM
    Exactly, and I had proof the phone was broken. We took it to the store and they took care of the actual order. The whole deal with the replacements is flawed in my opinion.

We are working the FedEx angle now.
    Call customer service and have them fill out a "non-return fru" form for you. They will be able to locate the phone in their warehouse based on the esn of your defective phone. BUT, if the FedEx driver never completed his job, or the package is lost, it's really FedEx's fault, not Verizon Wireless'.
    01-13-09 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD