10-27-08 11:47 PM
36 12
tools
    Customers speak out, VZW listens once again! VZW has decided not to eliminate the "D" as in delivery acknowledgements due to customer feedback. VZW will be reinstating the "D" to all areas affected.
    10-01-08 10:16 AM
    Well, I suppose this is a good thing. I doubt, however, that VZW decided not to eliminate this feature due to customer feedback. If that were the case, they would have unlocked GPS long ago...
    10-01-08 10:36 AM
    Well, I suppose this is a good thing. I doubt, however, that VZW decided not to eliminate this feature due to customer feedback. If that were the case, they would have unlocked GPS long ago...
    I can understand the sentiment. Most things VZW will budge on if customer demand is high. Some things they will not. Since there were no technical issues with shutting down the "D", and demand from both customers and employees were plentyful, the decision to reinstate the acknowledgements came down pretty quickly.
    10-01-08 11:17 AM
    You are correct. I personally could give a rats behind about whether or not Verizon locks GPS - if I want it that badly, I will shell out the $10 extra per month for VZNav. I'm sure there are enough people out there like me who don't mind paying a bit extra that Verizon isn't going to unlock that feature anytime soon.

However, there was blatant disappointment with the fact that delivery confirmation was being retired.
    10-01-08 11:21 AM
    Customers speak out, VZW listens once again! VZW has decided not to eliminate the "D" as in delivery acknowledgements due to customer feedback. VZW will be reinstating the "D" to all areas affected.

Once again, all is right with my world. Didn't realize how much I depended on the damn "D" until i was trying to text my daughter during a storm to make sure she was all right, or text my manager from a meeting about some budget #'s. Major stress, I tell ya...
    10-01-08 11:45 AM
    I am getting the acknowledgements again. I am in the Phoenix metro area. They stopped sometime early Sept, but they are back this morning. Good move VZW.
    10-01-08 11:47 AM
    Hmm mine never left lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 11:57 AM
    DANG IT!! I was looking forward to this feature going away!

Some chick who is nagging me: "Howcome you didn't return my text"
    Me: "aawww baby, I'm sorry, I never got it. Verizon must be having trouble"
    Some chick who is nagging me: "But the little "D" turned into an "R" and that says you got it"
    Me: "I think we should just be friends"
    10-01-08 12:05 PM

Some chick who is nagging me: "But the little "D" turned into an "R" and that says you got it"
    See the "D" even instills honesty and morality in relationships...bwahahahaha.
    mighty powerful thing that "D" is I tell ya.
    10-01-08 12:12 PM

that's freaking hilarious!

Anyway, I was happy to see it back b/c my wife and 2 yr old are always out doing something and when I see the D I know she's ok evn if she doesn't write back right away.
    10-01-08 12:15 PM
    Customers speak out, VZW listens once again! VZW has decided not to eliminate the "D" as in delivery acknowledgements due to customer feedback. VZW will be reinstating the "D" to all areas affected for an additional monthly fee of $1.99.
    There, I think it's correct now.
    10-01-08 12:29 PM
    I have them for verizon to verizon no charge. I hide sent messages anyways so I don't care lol.

10-01-08 12:51 PM
    Hmm mine never left lol
    nor did mine... glad it's stayin', me likey the "D"
    10-01-08 01:00 PM
    I can just imagine people flooding call centers wondering why it disappeared. Whether its there or not it really didnt matter to me.
    10-01-08 01:47 PM
    Once again, all is right with my world. Didn't realize how much I depended on the damn "D" until i was trying to text my daughter during a storm to make sure she was all right, or text my manager from a meeting about some budget #'s. Major stress, I tell ya...
    Yeah, I've definitely have come to rely on the "D" as well... at least I know the msg was Delivered to recipient's device but unfortunately its not conclusive that the msg was actually Read!
    10-01-08 01:49 PM
    i noticed mine hadn't gone away yet, good to hear they didn't can them it's a great feature.
    10-01-08 05:42 PM
    Mine never went away either, and what is this $1.99 extra a month for it someone spoke of?
    10-01-08 05:52 PM
    Mine never left either, do miss gps with out vznavigator. Which i guess isnt that bad, if you uninstall and reinstall VZNaviator, the new versions has weather and traffic :-)
    10-01-08 06:07 PM
    ...and what is this $1.99 extra a month for it someone spoke of?
    I'm sure JRSCCivic98 was makin' a haha I got a chuckle out of it
    10-01-08 06:08 PM
    I have to admit, I called to complain when it went away. Now I would like a R when read like bbm.
    10-01-08 06:15 PM
    In BBM you should get a D for delivered and an A will be the same as R. A, I guess means accepted, which means they opened it
    10-01-08 06:17 PM
    I'm sure JRSCCivic98 was makin' a haha I got a chuckle out of it
    Haha oh alright! You never know...

I agree kaufmansm, I would love to have the R for texts.
    10-01-08 06:20 PM

HILARIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs
    10-01-08 06:20 PM
    So happy it's back! I worry about the wife.

10-01-08 07:36 PM
    So happy it's back! I worry about the wife.

So ah, your wife did not come back?!? Sounds like a a bad country western song
    10-01-08 08:28 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD