It will be a month ago on the 10th that I purchased my Curve. My boyfriend just upgraded to the Storm and I am liking it more than I thought I would. Since it has not yet been thirty days could I do a trade if I decided to? Also, I payed $170 for the Curve with a $70 mail-in rebate that should be on its way. With that said, if I could swap, how much would I have to pay since the phones aren't the same price? Thanks!
    02-05-09 10:25 PM
    The difference and I'm sure the rebate is invalid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 10:47 PM
    Since you did the rebate, I do not think you can actually do it anymore. I would call Verizon just to verify, but since you no longer have a UPC they normally won't accept the return....

02-05-09 10:55 PM
    So I would probably have to pay an extra $80 and not get the $50 mail-in rebate currently offered on the Storm?
    02-05-09 10:57 PM
    ...If they will do the return they will only return the amount you paid, minus the rebate. Then you would get the storm at its price and send in for the rebate..

02-05-09 10:59 PM
    Well that's dumb. I have all of the paper work and they're just going to take it and refurb it I'm sure.
    02-05-09 11:00 PM
    I know it appears dumb, but without that UPC the vendors give them greif, as they can no longer prove that the pin of your device is the original one from that box.

I know that's how it is where I work, but being that I don't work for verizon I'm not 100% on what their procedure is for this...

02-05-09 11:02 PM
    Well who the **** waits 30 days to submit their rebate. Ugh I should have made a copy of my UPC to send but my copier was broken.
    02-05-09 11:15 PM
    well then if you made a copy, it would have been rejected and you would have been upset more lol
    02-05-09 11:18 PM
    Well that wouldn't have worked because I just looked at the FAQs on the rebate center site and they don't accept UPC copies.
    02-05-09 11:18 PM
    Well I guess I will just have to head into Verizon tomorrow and ask since I only have a few days to make up my mind.
    02-05-09 11:25 PM
    That's exactly why I waited before sending in my rebate on the Storm, or any phones.

Trading your Curve in for the Storm, after sending in for the rebate will go as follows. You paid $170 for the Curve, but you send in the rebate so you'll get $100 back for the Curve (your $70 rebate will still come in the mail however so don't worry.) Next they'll charge you a $35 restocking fee, so now you're down to $65 towards the Storm. So final cost to you on the day of the trade would be $249 - $65, which is $184. However you'll still get the $70 rebate from the Curve which will drop it down to $114 when that comes in, and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to send in the rebate on the Storm for $50 too so once all your rebates come in your total for going from the Curve to the Storm will be $64.
    02-05-09 11:43 PM
    Well I'm going in this evening to talk to them about it and will let you all know what they say!

02-06-09 11:20 AM
    So I went to Verizon when my boyfriend got off work. They allowed me to trade my curve for the Storm. So here's how things went down. The Storm is down to $200 now. I paid $170 for my curve originally and had gotten my $70 rebate in the mail today. I was charged a $35 re-stocking fee. So some how when it was all said and done I only ended up paying $68! So I basically got the Storm for $170 in the end. I got stupid lucky! Ha!
    02-06-09 09:52 PM
    Well congrats on the new storm. Glad things worked out for you!

02-06-09 10:02 PM
    Thanks, it worked out. I had to do some over the phone complaining while at work but apparently it helped!
    02-06-09 10:04 PM
    Usually does. When in doubt call customer care, I've had 4 lines for 7 years. I use it in my favor all the time!

02-06-09 10:09 PM
    It may depend on who you talk to and how they're able to "work the system"
    02-07-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD