Hello all,

Quick question: I've read that the retail price of a phone is usually double what the new contract price is. So does this mean as the new contract price drops so does the retail? For example, the curve is down to $100 now at Verizon so does that mean it's retailing for $200? Seems too good to be true.

Thanks!

Matt.
    10-14-08 10:10 PM
    Hello all,

Quick question: I've read that the retail price of a phone is usually double what the new contract price is. So does this mean as the new contract price drops so does the retail? For example, the curve is down to $100 now at Verizon so does that mean it's retailing for $200? Seems too good to be true.

Thanks!

Matt.
    Not necessarily. The retail price with my corporate discount is $429.99.
    10-14-08 10:16 PM
    Not usually...very rarely does retail price actually drop, usually it's set and kind of just stays steady...even 8700's are retailing for $300 still

Carrier's usually aren't the cheapest way to buy phones without a contract...try eBay, you usually can find them for a pretty good deal, I bought an 8820 on eBay for $250 a year ago and called warranty exchange and got a refurbed one because it had an issue with it no problem, but as long as it's less than a year old you can get it replaced for free...it doesn't even have to be originally purchased on your account
    10-14-08 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD