11-13-09 01:18 PM
131 1234 ...
tools
    Nobody has answered my question of whether or not a data plan is required for a blackberry I bring to them. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 07:27 PM
    Nobody has answered my question of whether or not a data plan is required for a blackberry I bring to them. Any ideas?

Yes .
    10-19-09 07:29 PM
    I know better than that - besides, we've all made mistakes, either from speaking out of turn, bad info or just misunderstanding the question.

Nothing big here - I have the memory of the proverbial elephant, but hold no grudges. So even if you were wrong at some point, I'd not sweat it.

10-19-09 07:29 PM
    Being snarky doesn't make my responses incorrect, and I find it humorous that they can't find a single post of mine that's incorrect.

Well for starters, there's this one:

It needs to be a primary line for 20 months in order to qualify for NE2. That's what a VZW rep told me.

That can be found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/swi...5/#post3857310

Completely and 100% wrong. And posted just a few minutes ago.
    10-19-09 07:39 PM

Yes. Any blackberry or current smartphone/PDA requires the data plan and will not activate without it.
    10-19-09 07:41 PM
    Oh well I used to sign up ppl for free magazine subscriptions and if they didnt cancel within 3 months it autocharges their credit card. its life. pay attention or be taken advantage of.
    Dude, that is sleazy and dishonest. At least we now know what to expect from you.

10-19-09 08:06 PM

Yes, it was my original response.

10-19-09 08:22 PM
    Dude, that is sleazy and dishonest. At least we now know what to expect from you.

It has been pretty clear what kind of person he was since post number 1.
    10-19-09 08:24 PM
    Well for starters, there's this one:

That can be found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/swi...5/#post3857310

Completely and 100% wrong. And posted just a few minutes ago.
    Go to your local VZW store and read the poster of the WFG.

10-19-09 08:25 PM

Him and I are at corporate verizon stores right now. You are wrong.
    10-19-09 08:29 PM
    Yes. Any blackberry or current smartphone/PDA requires the data plan and will not activate without it.
    That's so aggrevating! I was able to use an iphone and a blackberry with tmobile without a data plan.

10-19-09 08:42 PM
    Read it yourself.

WFG@VZW
    10-19-09 08:43 PM
    That's so aggrevating! I was able to use an iphone and a blackberry with tmobile without a data plan.

Most carriers now require data. You can thank people who run up data bills and don't want to pay them.

10-19-09 08:45 PM

That was an unlocked Iphone. You cant activate an Iphone with AT&T without a data plan. Why would u want a blackberry or an Iphone without a data plan?
    10-19-09 08:56 PM
    That was an unlocked Iphone. You cant activate an Iphone with AT&T without a data plan. Why would u want a blackberry or an Iphone without a data plan?
    Its actually a really complicated situation that ended up with me being stuck with a $125 blackberry and nothing to do with it. I was thinking of just using it as a house phone but if I need a data plan, I'll just try and sell it I guess :/
    Last edited by passtheboll10; 10-19-09 at 10:08 PM.
    10-19-09 10:06 PM
    Can't do it on tmobile anymore either.
    10-19-09 10:11 PM
    Its actually a really complicated situation that ended up with me being stuck with a $125 blackberry and nothing to do with it. I was thinking of just using it as a house phone but if I need a data plan, I'll just try and sell it I guess :/
    Why don't you try bartering it for a non-data phone?
    10-19-09 10:21 PM

My local VZW store? How about the "local" VZW store I work in. Is that local enough for you? I think I know the policies of my own job better than you do. Can I find a message about that pertains to what you do for a living and say you're wrong all the time when I don't know what I'm talking about? Because that seems like alot of fun.
    10-19-09 11:59 PM
    I don't really see the point of activating a BlackBerry without a data feature...

Without data the BlackBerry is just an ugly, boring phone with a Qwerty keyboard...
    10-20-09 12:07 AM
    Putting data on one is nothing more than lipstick on a pig.

10-20-09 01:19 AM
    I don't really see the point of activating a BlackBerry without a data feature...

Without data the BlackBerry is just an ugly, boring phone with a Qwerty keyboard...
    You may not, but others do. A very old and tired topic.
    10-20-09 05:07 AM
    Thanks for the insight....

Maybe the next time you see a topic you find to be old and tired you should just avoid it, instead of wasting time making a useless, less than helpful post...

As for the BlackBerry, like everyone else has said, it needs to have the BlackBerry feature to be on an account...
    10-20-09 06:01 AM
    Actually, as the employee, you're supposed to be the advocate for the customer and look out for them. They also have a responsibility but when the customer says NO DO NOT ADD THIS FEATURE and you do anyways, that's not their ignorance. That's you slamming and I hope you get fired if you do it. Also, if you know the feature auto-adds the $44.99 just change it in the same order -- it's not hard, it takes one second and after doing lots of orders you shouldn't make the mistake anymore.
    I'm not puttin 44.99 data plans on people's accounts so I probably wont be fired for this... And I know it takes 2 seconds to change it to the 29.99 because I get calls all the time from ppl saying they were told they needed it, when they in fact did not.

You have to give people the details, or it becomes fraud.

Details were given its obviously a little more in depth that just that but to break it down simply thats what it was.

Yeah you can expect I worked that job for less than 3 weeks because it was ****.
    It has been pretty clear what kind of person he was since post number 1.
    Uhh.... yeah I guess...
    10-20-09 08:37 AM
    Yeah you can expect I worked that job for less than 3 weeks because it was ****.
    So you scammed people for three weeks because it wasn't worth being on the up & up? Got it.

10-20-09 09:42 AM
    It automatically puts you on the 44.99 plan when you buy a bb online, I believe.
    yeppers....you have to go into your account options and change it.
    10-20-09 09:52 AM
131 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD