OK my stepmother doesnt want to pay for a blackberry data plan. even with a discount on my family plan its still to much for her.

she is now considering a Dare. Now I know the dare requires a Nationwide plan. THis is not a big deal since its about the same as a regular plan.

someone told me Vcast is also required. but when I went to verizon online and played around with some configs it allowed me to turn down vcast and still process an order for the dare without it.

so now I am confused wether Vcast is really needed or if only the nationwode plan is needed. anyone know? Im hoping its something that used to be required buit changed because online it looks ok without it.
    12-20-08 11:58 AM
    You dont have to have to have anything other than a voice plan with the dare.
    12-20-08 12:40 PM
    ok thanks DC
    12-20-08 07:12 PM
    Vcast isn't required but it's like the data plan for the BB (covers data usage for surfing/downloads). IIRC it was $15/mo
    12-22-08 05:04 PM
    vcast isnt a required data plan, however....
    if she is planning on using the browser on the dare it is suggested. on nationwide pricing data use is $1.99 per MB. if she's not planning on using the browser or any other data services then she doesnt need a data feature (vcast)

you can also have her on a "connect" plan which is only $10 more a month for that line and gives her unlimited data (just no vcast services) so it saves you $5.
    12-27-08 01:24 AM
    I understand a phone for special needs and such or activating usage controls on a teen's device. But, what's the appeal of a Dare w/o a data plan? Just curious.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 03:04 AM
    you wont be required to have a data package on the dare, but depending on what price plan your on you may have to change your price plan. if you are still on the america's choice price plan you will have to change to the nationwide price plan. this is due to the html browser and the fact that the dare is considered a premium phone. theres no way around that. other then the price plan change you dont have to get any additional packages unless you want text or web.
    I've had the dare for about 4 months now and love it. so far its my favorite phone. good luck with your dare
    12-27-08 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD