10-02-09 07:25 AM
47 12
tools
    I will be needing to file an insurance claim on my daughter's old LG Scoop soon. Since we were formerly Alltel, I was wondering what Verizon considers a comparable replacement since they don't carry the Scoop....or does it really depend on the store I go to? I would think they would replace it with another full keyboard texting phone. Thanks in advance...just wondering what to expect when I go in.
    09-30-09 08:56 PM
    The stores don't usually handle insurance claims. Those go through the insurance company.

The Samsung Intensity is probably the closest phone. The closest LG VZW model would be the enV 2/3, but that is a much more capable phone.

Don't put it past insurance to give you another Scoop - or even a flip phone. They do not give you new devices - refurbs are the order of the day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 09:13 PM
    Asurion should still have LG Scoops in stock. So - probably another Scoop.

The VZW replacement matrix calls for an Env 2 actually. However, it is going to be what ever Asurion feels like is comparable.
    09-30-09 09:22 PM
    You'll probably get another Scoop. But Verizon consideres the lg envy touch and the lg voyager to be the models they will exchange the scoop out for. I'm by no means saying that you're getting one of those, that's all up to your insurance company when you file the claim.
    09-30-09 09:38 PM
    You'll probably get another Scoop. But Verizon consideres the lg envy touch and the lg voyager to be the models they will exchange the scoop out for. I'm by no means saying that you're getting one of those, that's all up to your insurance company when you file the claim.
    That is incorrect. The Env 2 or Env 3 is on the matrix as a replacement. The POS Scoop is not anywhere near the touch or voyager.
    09-30-09 09:40 PM
    +1 for tsguy52. I checked a sub matrix earlier today and I could've sworn it had those as the replacement but I just checked it and you're right it has the env2 in there. My bad
    09-30-09 10:04 PM
    +1 for tsguy52. I checked a sub matrix earlier today and I could've sworn it had those as the replacement but I just checked it and you're right it has the env2 in there. My bad
    lol no prob.. I just don't want someone calling in saying "I heard that you're replacing Scoops with an Env Touch!" Even though you gave the appropriate disclaimer haha
    09-30-09 10:06 PM
    Word. I totally understand. I deal with that **** a lot over here too. Haha.
    09-30-09 10:12 PM
    Like tsguy said it's Verizon would replace the phone with the enV2 or enV3, but if you are filing an insurance claim you will be going through Asurion, its possible that you may get a Scoop...
    09-30-09 10:34 PM
    agree with ROC. OUR replacement matrix is Env2/3
    Again Asurian might have scoop avail or they will send you a comperable model; highly doubt they follow the same matrix we do for claims.
    10-01-09 07:34 AM
    The stores don't usually handle insurance claims. Those go through the insurance company.

The Samsung Intensity is probably the closest phone. The closest LG VZW model would be the enV 2/3, but that is a much more capable phone.

Don't put it past insurance to give you another Scoop - or even a flip phone. They do not give you new devices - refurbs are the order of the day.

Asurion replaces QWERTY phones with QWERTY phones. That's what a VZW rep told me.

10-01-09 07:48 AM
    Asurion replaces QWERTY phones with QWERTY phones. That's what a VZW rep told me.
    According to the Asurion contract, um no - they don't have to. There are stories all over the Internet as to instances where they have subbed other types of phones.

And, your VZW rep is out of line, speaking for another company.
    10-01-09 08:19 AM
    There are stories all over the Internet as to instances where they have subbed other types of phones.
    This is true. But within reason, Asurion will TRY and keep it "apples to apples" so to speak. The only time I've ever had to file an insurance claim involved my T-Mo 8800. Even though T-Mo still sold the 8800 at the time, Asurion stated that because that phone was now discontinued, they'd replace it with an 8820. I didn't know the difference between the 2 at the time (a while back), but when I learned, I thought it was nice of them. They could've just as well replaced it with a t-mobile dash, which I would've been prepared for.
    10-01-09 08:38 AM
    To be fair, they have modified their terms to say "like device" but when you look deeper, you realize their definition of "like device" is limited to advanced & standard. Advanced includes everything from enV Touch to the most expensive smartphone. So technically, you could lose a TP2 & get a Rogue or Treo as a replacement. Or lose an enV3 & get a Blitz or Chocolate.

You are correct - they will try to replace apples with apples, but they don't have to. And that is what would worry me.

If it isn't written, don't assume it to be true.
    10-01-09 09:01 AM
    Asurion has an @ss load of phones however... they have phones that are 4 years old so theres a good chance you should receive that same phone.
    10-01-09 09:29 AM
    I had my daughters xv8300 phone replaced in June and we got the same make/model
    Those phones are tanks. Just dont drop them in the dogs water dish.
    10-01-09 09:55 AM
    agree with ROC. OUR replacement matrix is Env2/3
    It is truly amazing that two VZW people looking up a VZW replacement matrix would get exactly the same one. ROLMAO. It would be different if you were agreeing with his opinion. Some of you guys and gals will do anything to increase their post count.
    10-01-09 10:38 AM
    Asurion will send a phone with same "features" as the phone the claim is being filed on. I have done tons of instore claims for customers, have seen env2-env3 LG8700 to Moto755, V3m-V750Adventure, those are just some. My Asurion rep comes in twice a month to speak to us, and I talk to him pretty frequently about questions and concerns customers have. The speculation about refurb or new is one. You MAY receive a refurb unit, but 60% of the time they do have New units in stock.(obviously pending how long the shelf life of the product has been). Once you receive your replacement if it is a refurbished unit(look on the back under battery it'll tell you) Asurio will warranty that device for one year, if it is a NEW device (OEM sticker under batter) the device will then have a new 1yr warranty and standard in-store replacement methods take place. Being alltel, some VZW stores can order FRU replacement through "alternate wharehouse" now if they have the scoop in stock is a different story. Hope this helps you out!
    10-01-09 10:39 AM
    According to the Asurion contract, um no - they don't have to. There are stories all over the Internet as to instances where they have subbed other types of phones.

And, your VZW rep is out of line, speaking for another company.
    They don't have to but generally speaking they will.

10-01-09 10:51 AM
    It is truly amazing that two VZW people looking up a VZW replacement matrix would get exactly the same one. ROLMAO. It would be different if you were agreeing with his opinion. Some of you guys and gals will do anything to increase their post count.
    Possibly one is outdated or they are in a different area. Why its posted here is another story altogether.

10-01-09 10:53 AM
    With the amount of information on this forum that is incorrect it is a good thing that everyone backs up someone's post.

What is amazing is the fact that you just added yet another useless post to your post count.

10-01-09 11:03 AM
    Some of you guys and gals will do anything to increase their post count.
    It is truly amazing you would say that...
    10-01-09 11:49 AM
    It is truly amazing you would say that...
    If you look up what a certain VZW plan costs on the VZW site and post it and then I looks it up and verify that it is the same, you would be calling me names.
    You, on the other hand have added to your post count with a truly amazing dumb*** statement. I really hope that someone declares you the posting king and heather the queen (or vice-versa) so we can be rid of your inane comments, especially the ones where you give each other kudos for posts.
    Oh yeah. I've discovered something else about you. You appear to be posting on company time. You post only between about 7:30 am and 4:30 pm and only on weekdays. But then you admit to that because you post your location as "At my desk." Heather is the same, only she must either have different hours or work in the CST. If you are posting on company time you are the lowest of the low.
    Last edited by jahoobob; 10-01-09 at 12:32 PM.
    10-01-09 12:04 PM
    If you look up what a certain VZW plan costs on the VZW site and post it and then I looks it up and verify that it is the same, you would be calling me names.
    You, on the other hand have added to your post count with a truly amazing dumb*** statement. I really hope that someone declares you the posting king and heather the queen (or vice-versa) so we can be rid of your inane comments, especially the ones where you give each other kudos for posts.
    Probably won't happen since we know what we're talking about(most of the time) and you don't. You're the one that started with the stupid comment in this thread not us.
    10-01-09 12:07 PM
    hey wait a min! Who put a bee in your bonnet and then stepped on it!?
    10-01-09 03:07 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD