Whats the deal with the different boxes? One comes with a battery cover (Brown). Other Doesnt!
    01-26-10 09:41 PM
    Whats the deal with the different boxes? One comes with a battery cover (Brown). Other Doesnt!
    .. Who knows?! looks like you've answered your own question!
    01-26-10 11:19 PM
    what do u mean

never seen this b4
    01-26-10 11:33 PM
    Not sure what you mean, but the packaging signifies new or refurbished. The white Verizon device box packaging means that you have a new phone. A grayish brownish Asurion box means that you have a refurbished device.
    01-27-10 12:35 AM
    Not sure what you mean, but the packaging signifies new or refurbished. The white Verizon device box packaging means that you have a new phone. A grayish brownish Asurion box means that you have a refurbished device.
    Incorrect. What they are referring to are the old brown boxes that CLNRs used to come in and the new white boxes that they now come in. When they changed the name of replacement phones from "fru" to "CLNR" they also changed the box to change the image that people have about refurbished phones, since it usually carries a negative connotation. There is no difference in the phone itself. Some of the older model phones are still in brown boxes since they've been around for awhile and the newer ones are all in white boxes with the exception of smartphones. The smartphones also usually come with a battery door so you send yours back with the malfunctioning phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 06:03 AM
    Ding ding ding... Cherry pye has answered the question.
    01-27-10 11:25 AM
    Incorrect. What they are referring to are the old brown boxes that CLNRs used to come in and the new white boxes that they now come in. When they changed the name of replacement phones from "fru" to "CLNR" they also changed the box to change the image that people have about refurbished phones, since it usually carries a negative connotation. There is no difference in the phone itself. Some of the older model phones are still in brown boxes since they've been around for awhile and the newer ones are all in white boxes with the exception of smartphones. The smartphones also usually come with a battery door so you send yours back with the malfunctioning phone.

So all that has changed is the name to promote a better marketing scheme? Otherwise, FRU and CLNR are one and the same. Packaged better, marketed better, but, underneath it's still the same. So now, the CLNR packaging looks like a new Verizon phone packaging. Cool. Now I know.
    Last edited by Kepeli; 01-27-10 at 01:54 PM.
    01-27-10 01:50 PM
    Yeah I don't really know about brown box being an old phone. I received a storm 2 in a brown box. Ding ding. Cherry py didn't.

01-27-10 03:37 PM
    Yeah I don't really know about brown box being an old phone. I received a storm 2 in a brown box. Ding ding. Cherry py didn't.

You apparently missed the part where I said that the newer phones, with the exception of the smartphones, come in the white boxes. Ding, ding!

01-27-10 06:47 PM
    So what is it in the case of smartphones?
    01-27-10 06:52 PM
    The smartphones can come in a brown box or a white box. The brown box usually includes a battery cover whereas the white normally doesn't.

01-27-10 07:02 PM
    But both are refurbished devices?
    01-27-10 07:05 PM
    Yes.

01-27-10 07:12 PM

Go into a store and ask a rep to see a smartphone fit in the "white box"... won't fit! Ding ding!
    01-28-10 08:06 AM
    Except a bb pearl lol

01-28-10 08:54 AM
    Yeah you got me on that phone. Good call!
    01-28-10 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD