06-15-09 06:56 PM
32 12
tools
    If you haven't already spoken with an administrator or supervisor do so. The standard customer service reps don't know squat about anything thing. They don't care. so Speak with an admin. if they can't help you move up the tree til someone can tell you whats up that's one thing that Verizon CS people hate more than anything, moving up the tree, be a Bizzle, and tell them what's going on. don't let them give you the run around and going into a store wouldn't be much help at this point it seems. But if you have to I can give you the name of the guy I speak with when ever I have any issues when I go into the Flag store. I've been given the run around by Verizon, well they've tried to give me the run around one to many times. And as for shipping the phone they can ship it any where you want. if you wanted it shipped to your grandma in Fl they could doesn't matter. just tell them where and it will be there. And seriously if you don't like how a rep is talking to you report them lol. Good luck with the rest of this fiasco hope my advice helps.
    06-13-09 04:35 PM
    Verizon charges a $35 restocking fee if you're within you're 30 day return period? Damn they are making money off their subscribers left and right.

Yea, because returning a 500 dollar phone is profitable to the company. The 35 dollar restocking fee is no where near how much money Verizon loses on each returned handset.
    06-14-09 11:19 AM
    I have never had a problem with Verizon responding to a question or concern I might have. I agree take it into a store and talk to a live person.
    06-15-09 06:24 AM
    I upgraded (new every 2) and renewed my contract on April 23rd. For my BB, I paid $52 after my upgrade ($50 off) and an online discount ($70) as I ordered from New Cell Phones, CPO Cell Phones, Prepaid Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless. As I stated in another thread, I had an earpiece rattle and sent it back when I received my brand new replacement. When I was ordering my replacement, I was told if I didn't send the old one back within ten days I would be charged. No biggie, makes sense to me. Well, as it turns out I was charged as soon as they sent it out $180. I called VZW right away and was told I'd receive my credit when the warehouse scanned it. What they did not tell me is that they were going to refund the $52 from the original phone and keep the $180 on my bill. I've argued with three different reps saying it is not fair to charge me MORE to return a phone within my 30 days. I did not receive my online discount and now I've paid $70 extra to return a phone that had a manufacturing defect when I thought I would have an even return. Yes, I know I need to pay for my phone, I already did! Why charge me an extra $70 to return a phone within the 30 days of renewing my contract? I've always had good customer service, but VZW is wrong on this and I cannot get anyone there to listen to me.

Am I way off for thinking I should have paid my original price for me phone to replace a defective handset? I need a second (at this point, it is more like a fourth) opinion.

Thank you for any advice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    did you already get your rebate... thats why the extra was on there. Online its an instant discount and bc you got the replacement either over the phone or at a store it was charged and you SHOULD get a rebate form. If you did not; I'm sorry for the confusion. I think I'd be pretty irked at this too. On top of that no one made any effort to assist apparently.
    06-15-09 07:23 AM
    What good is recording it - if you try to get this resolved in a civil manner, it will get resolved. Recording the call does nothing, not even admissable in a court action unless you divulge that you are recording it.
    Not exactly correct. The notification that you get while on hold (this call may be recorded for training use) has been acceptable grounds for recording a conversation since it is implied that the conversation is going to be recorded anyways... Doesn't matter who is doing teh recording, the disclaimer has already been agreed upon by both ends the minute the CSR picks up and you begin talking..

Yea, because returning a 500 dollar phone is profitable to the company. The 35 dollar restocking fee is no where near how much money Verizon loses on each returned handset.
    You are assuming verizon stands to loose $500... Infact verizon doesn't even loose a 1/4th of that due to various other factors (actual costs of the phone, the avalibility of this phone for a warrenty replacement, 2 years of a contractual service, ect.)
    Last edited by numus; 06-15-09 at 02:53 PM.
    06-15-09 02:48 PM
    Not exactly correct. The notification that you get while on hold (this call may be recorded for training use) has been acceptable grounds for recording a conversation since it is implied that the conversation is going to be recorded anyways... Doesn't matter who is doing teh recording, the disclaimer has already been agreed upon by both ends the minute the CSR picks up and you begin talking..
    Not only that, but most states allow recording as long as one party knows it is taking place. It is also held that the jurisdiction where the recording is taking place holds legal sway.

It is intended to forbid a you from recording a conversation between Lastraid & his business partner or something similar.

But go back & reread what LR said - he was making the point that there is no reason for the customer to record, that if they act in a civil manner, things should be resolved.

Besides, if you're trying to violate terms of a contractural agreement, you can record all you want - what is in writing always takes precedence over what is said verbally. A rep can lie through their teeth - it might jeopardize their job, but it won't assist you in beating what is in writing.

06-15-09 06:50 PM
    Not only that, but most states allow recording as long as one party knows it is taking place. It is also held that the jurisdiction where the recording is taking place holds legal sway.

It is intended to forbid a you from recording a conversation between Lastraid & his business partner or something similar.

But go back & reread what LR said - he was making the point that there is no reason for the customer to record, that if they act in a civil manner, things should be resolved.

Besides, if you're trying to violate terms of a contractural agreement, you can record all you want - what is in writing always takes precedence over what is said verbally. A rep can lie through their teeth - it might jeopardize their job, but it won't assist you in beating what is in writing.

Agreed, my quote was making a point and was taken out of context by the poster. Prior poster is not Twins
    06-15-09 06:56 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD