I received a "Certified like new" replacement 8530 for my previous 8530 that broke from Verizon. I received this replacement just over 30 days ago. This replacement phone is now starting to have different issues than my previous one. My screen freezes and hesitates often. It's very annoying. Sometimes the delay can be 10-15 seconds. It also randomly loses data connection in areas that have full service. My husband also has the 8530 and has never had these issues with his. I do battery pulls often and it will usually correct the problem for a short time. I tried upgrading the operating system to see if that would solve these issues. I am now running the .847 operating system. Since upgrading, my camera has now stopped saving pictures. I am just frustrated with all of this and honestly am not interested in receiving another 8530 when this model phone is being killed off anyways. Is the newer model Curve an acceptable replacement? Would Verizon allow me to pay the difference to get a Bold? I just don't know what I should do at this point. Any advice before I call Verizon? What would you do?
    09-01-10 08:17 AM
    Regardless of what you feel like you should get, you will get the exact same phone you purchased for your warranty. You can not exchange a phone unless you are under the first 30 days from purchase, so that would not be an option. You can always buy one full retail.
    09-01-10 11:03 AM
    Give Verizon a call Amy, you never know, it's worth a shot. You might catch a nice rep, just tell your story, be prepared and accept being shot down, and give it your best shot.
    09-01-10 12:35 PM
    Yeah, or do like PK always suggests and go to planetfeedback.com and whine and ***** until you get your way.
    09-01-10 01:14 PM
    Thank you both for responding. I just want to make it clear that I'm not looking to get something for nothing. This will be my 3rd Curve in 8 months. I'm just not confident in this device and am very jealous of the people that haven't had any issues with theirs. I really enjoyed this phone before all these issues started. I love the trackpad, and size of the phone and really wish I could stay with the 8530. I am fully willing to pay for an upgrade to a Bold- I just refuse to pay full retail price.
    09-01-10 01:27 PM
    2 buddies of mine have same phone and curses me on regular occasions for recommending a BB to them. They hate them with a passion! Poor battery life and constant freezing. They both are on the latest O.S. update also.
    09-01-10 01:32 PM
    I had a couple of 8530's that overheated back in June. Called VZW tech support and calmly asked for a different device, because I was worried about having the same problem again. The rep looked and said she could send me a Tour. I agreed, and it ended up being a Bold I actually received. Only problem is it didn't have a battery or back cover, and that was heck to get. I really think it is all in who you talk to and how you talk to them.

I don't think it is VZW policy to do that, but sometimes you get lucky.
    Last edited by fifthgear001; 09-01-10 at 02:07 PM.
    09-01-10 01:49 PM
    I had a couple of 8530's that overheated back in June. Called VZW tech support and calmly asked for a different device, because I was worried about having the same problem again. The rep looked and said she could send me a Tour. I agreed, and it ended up being a Bold I actually received. Only problem is it didn't have a battery or back cover, and that was heck to get. I really think it is all in who you talk to and how you talk to them.

I don't it is VZW policy to do that, but sometimes you get lucky.
    This is what I was trying to suggest. You NEVER know what can happen until you try. You don't have to assume the worst and be or curmudgeon like Mario.
    09-01-10 02:00 PM
    This is what I was trying to suggest. You NEVER know what can happen until you try. You don't have to assume the worst and be or curmudgeon like Mario.
    How am I an ill-tempered old man (yes I looked it up) I was simply telling them to whine and complain on the same website you promote all the time. Because you said "maybe you'll get a nice rep" well a rep that doesn't give away phones can still be a nice rep. They just follow the policies that are placed on them. Just because a rep on the phones is not handing out free devices, upgrades and credits doesn't mean they are not nice. Don't make me beat you with your own mod stick. I'll stick it in places you didn't know you had.
    09-01-10 02:11 PM
    PM sent regarding a Bold for sale. I do not have 100 posts so I can list it in the for sale section as of yet.

I received a "Certified like new" replacement 8530 for my previous 8530 that broke from Verizon. I received this replacement just over 30 days ago. This replacement phone is now starting to have different issues than my previous one. My screen freezes and hesitates often. It's very annoying. Sometimes the delay can be 10-15 seconds. It also randomly loses data connection in areas that have full service. My husband also has the 8530 and has never had these issues with his. I do battery pulls often and it will usually correct the problem for a short time. I tried upgrading the operating system to see if that would solve these issues. I am now running the .847 operating system. Since upgrading, my camera has now stopped saving pictures. I am just frustrated with all of this and honestly am not interested in receiving another 8530 when this model phone is being killed off anyways. Is the newer model Curve an acceptable replacement? Would Verizon allow me to pay the difference to get a Bold? I just don't know what I should do at this point. Any advice before I call Verizon? What would you do?
    09-05-10 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD