09-14-09 07:54 PM
35 12
tools
    Okay smarty pantses...

Get a replacement Blackberry storm and no service book entries.
    register HRT and still no service book entries. Therefore no browser icon.
    Admin site shows service book send failed.
    Wiped Handheld; re-register device still no service books.
    Restored old backup now have old service books; no browser still cannot send new service books.
    Checked mobile networks and device is not connected to BIS however; shows data services turned on.
    Toggled data services on/off
    Diagnostic Test shows Blackberry registered but connected to Blackberry: NO.
    ARG!
    What else do you think... short of replacing the darned thing again.
    09-14-09 11:47 AM
    FRU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do what stores do and say that there is an error right now, much like what twins stated below.
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 09-14-09 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Too large!!!
    09-14-09 11:50 AM
    Are you doing these things this morning? There seems to be some more RIM server issues today.

If not for that, I'd say corrupted ROM.
    FRU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FRU you, too.
    09-14-09 11:51 AM
    Well thats what I'm starting to think. He got a FRU based on the fact that his browser "disappeared"
    The rep did a bunch of troubleshooting and wiping and then said
    "screw it... fru it"

I'm just trying to avoid having it happen again.
    09-14-09 11:59 AM
    Heather...

Have them dial ##000000 press send, go to SIP username and password and in password type vzw press menu and save.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 02:29 PM
    Heather...

Have them dial ##000000 press send, go to SIP username and password and in password type vzw press menu and save.

Which will do what? Give them 1XEV...
    09-14-09 02:35 PM
    It'll also put the entries in the HRT and enable the service books. I do it ALLLLLLLLLLL the time.

09-14-09 02:37 PM
    Don't you work for VZW? Are you asking Crackberry for help troubleshooting a customers device?

Yikes.. gives me faith about having to call tech support.
    09-14-09 02:43 PM
    Uh... You should have no faith in tech support.
    09-14-09 02:44 PM
    Wrong. She's asking tech people who post here (like me or weekend) or other highly tech savvy people. No one person knows everything. And don't believe blue, we'll fix anything we can in tech support.

09-14-09 02:47 PM
    Or some of these people shouldn't be in tech support giving the good ones a bad rep.
    09-14-09 02:47 PM
    We did that as well... it ended up being escalated to RIM via internal... since by a wonderful stroke of outsourced luck I dont have a vender code to get to them!
    09-14-09 02:49 PM
    Yeah thats a joke. A lot of times on here you will see us say to call tech support because we are limited to what we can do. Heather is looking for second opinions from some of the reps on here, opinions she expects to be correct (like me or crackalack) or several other techs/reps/twinslike people lol.
    09-14-09 02:51 PM
    We did that as well... it ended up being escalated to RIM via internal... since by a wonderful stroke of outsourced luck I dont have a vender code to get to them!
    Did you stay on to listen to the resolution?
    09-14-09 02:51 PM
    Or some of these people shouldn't be in tech support giving the good ones a bad rep.
    scuz me?
    Dont be a hater! I did all the troubleshooting listed above and MORE and we still couldnt get it resolved. NOR did the prior rep who just sent em out a new phone. I know its not the phone so that is why we are trying like heck to resolve.
    If you dont have something PRODUCTIVE to say dont say anything at all.
    You'll find yourself wanting...
    Last edited by heather.law; 09-14-09 at 03:00 PM.
    09-14-09 02:53 PM
    Heather... We internals don't either. We have a RIM escalation team

09-14-09 02:53 PM
    I listened as long as I could; my handle time on that call was already over an hour when I left the call. We actually ruled it down to something between the switch and the bis. The internal rep was as confused as I was. She was real nice and at least didnt talk to me like I was stupid.

Jeez some people get my dander up. Thats the type of person who would complain when they get their blackberry bricked by pulling the battery during a wipe and then tell us it was OUR fault.
    09-14-09 02:55 PM
    Everytime I get a call transferred from Boise I hope its Heather... so far no hits LOL
    09-14-09 03:00 PM
    hardi har babe! This was my first tsfr to internal in over a month!
    09-14-09 03:03 PM
    Fixed a bricked blackberry the other day too... customer wasnt exactly thrilled that it worked... I think he was fishing for a replacement! HA.. worked better than before it was bricked he said.
    09-14-09 03:04 PM
    You go girl I don't get calls from des moines I'm south area tech lol

09-14-09 03:09 PM
    Utah gets a lot from Boise... or so it seems. Normally its for good reason though...
    09-14-09 03:11 PM
    Don't you work for VZW? Are you asking Crackberry for help troubleshooting a customers device?

Yikes.. gives me faith about having to call tech support.
    so you are expecting VZW to be experts on a device made by RIM that they do nothing other than sell?

Thats like walking into WalMart with the Sony Laptop you just bought and expecting them to trouble shoot and repair it.....You should be happy that vzw employees go through the training they do to make things more convenient for you
    09-14-09 03:12 PM
    We always come across things that baffle the mind... electronics do that. sheesh... I'd like to see bucky troubleshoot phones all day long and see where that goes.
    09-14-09 03:20 PM
    Yeah no matter how many "my emails aren't working" calls you get theres several that are like no it should be working, this has to fix it...
    09-14-09 03:23 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD