Alright feens, need your help. My gf has had Curve 8330 replaced 15-20 times (seriously) so ishe recently bout someones 9530 to use. Recently the microphone has started sounding muffled. Now I doubt verizon will replace it(correct
    me if I'm wrong) my question then is can we call Asurion up and get 9530 replaced or will they know and say that is NOT the phone we had insured with them? Please help!!!
    09-20-10 12:50 AM
    You can only insure a phone that was bought from Verizon or a Authorized seller such as Best Buy. In other words, your girlfriend is out of luck.
    09-20-10 01:07 AM
    You can only insure a phone that was bought from Verizon or a Authorized seller such as Best Buy. In other words, your girlfriend is out of luck.
    According to the Terms

The wireless device owned by you for which: 1) the unique identification number (International Mobile Equipment
    Identity (IMEI), Electronic Serial Number (ESN), or Mobile Equipment ID (MEID) of such wireless device is
    reflected in the records of the Wireless Service Provider at the time your coverage initially became effective;
    unless you have logged outgoing airtime on a different wireless phone immediately prior to the time of loss, in
    which case such wireless device becomes the covered property so long as: i) such wireless device is owned by
    you and you provide us proof of ownership and ii) airtime usage was logged on such device on your account with
    the Wireless Service Provider immediately prior to the time of loss.
    Its only covered if the phone is lost/stolen/damaged. So defects in the device would not be covered. But ask them anyway, you never know.
    09-20-10 01:25 AM
    The device will be "lost" if need be i just want to make sure she gets working phone. and since 8330 has struck out every time for 15 times now and VZ still reluctant to give her something diff yet comparable(even 8530) or EOLed Tour. Also, supermario, is that terms section according to VZ or Asurion?
    09-20-10 09:56 AM
    Asurion. So that's coming straight from them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 10:58 AM
    I dont know if this will help, but when i got sick of the problems with my tour asurion gave me a one time offer to switch to a comparable model. I didn't end up doing it because I finally guilted Verizon into switching it. but hey anything is worth a shot, worst thing that could happen is them saying no.
    09-20-10 05:55 PM
    you can absolutely have it replaced ....as long as the phone is activated on her line and that is the line the insurance is on it doesn't matter what phone it is as long as it's a verizon phone they will replace it just call them tell them the problem and they will give you the form or whatever and they send you the replacement and you ship them the messed up phone
    09-20-10 09:43 PM
    Trust me DC, i have tried with VZ, but everytime they say they are no longer allowed to do that and that we can purchase a CPO if we'd like...Havent really tried with Asurion because i didn't know they were allowed to do that at all, i dont even know how the **** verizon still has 8330s in stock, i know they buy in anticipation of replacements and stuff, but this phone has been EOL for a while now, even the Tour is done-zo. And 2_fab have you done this that you are so sure, that's kind of what i figured i was just going to wait about a week so that it's not so suspicious activating a phone one day and calling for replacement the next eventhough it's a legit issue.
    09-20-10 10:27 PM
    According to the Terms

Its only covered if the phone is lost/stolen/damaged. So defects in the device would not be covered. But ask them anyway, you never know.
    Oh, I guess I just figured that it wouldn't be covered since you need to add insurance within 14 days of purchasing the phone. Thanks for clearing that up.
    09-21-10 03:56 AM
    you can absolutely have it replaced ....as long as the phone is activated on her line and that is the line the insurance is on it doesn't matter what phone it is as long as it's a verizon phone they will replace it just call them tell them the problem and they will give you the form or whatever and they send you the replacement and you ship them the messed up phone
    They won't replace it with a Tour. The insurance is on the phone, not the line. The OP was paying to insure the Curve 8330. Since the phones were switched, honestly, the insurance was going to waste. You can only insure a phone as long as it is active on the line.

If you remove the insured device from your line, the insurance stops (even though you still may be paying). I ran into this when I switched a phone out for a few weeks and tried to readd my insurance without any luck. They told me that they couldn't insure the phone since they didn't know what condition the phone was when I brought it back on. I could have sunk it and than tried to get a new phone from them.
    09-21-10 02:53 PM
    Wow 15-20 Curves. I don't see how anyone can go through that many phones, must be one unlucky person.

Anyway I had insurance on my son's phone, who decided he wanted a different phone. I bought him one off of craigslist. I activated it and all was fine. About 4 months later he dropped it in a cup of pop. I looked at my bill and seen that the insurance never came off when I activated the craigslist phone, went on line submitted a claim and they covered the replacement. They sent me the same phone that was active on the account at the time of the claim. I have been told that they do not do that, or the insurance should drop off your bill when you activate another phone on the account, but mine did not.

You can file a claim on line, go step by step and it will make you confirm the type of phone that you want replaced.
    09-22-10 07:23 AM
    You can only insure a phone that was bought from Verizon or a Authorized seller such as Best Buy.
    Not true.

I have bought many phones from Craigslist. A day or so later that phone shows up when I do a phone number inquiry at Asurion's website. And I have also had to file 2 Asurion claims on phones that I bought from Craigslist.

And guess what....Asurion accepted both claims.
    09-23-10 09:07 AM
    Not true.

I have bought many phones from Craigslist. A day or so later that phone shows up when I do a phone number inquiry at Asurion's website. And I have also had to file 2 Asurion claims on phones that I bought from Craigslist.

And guess what....Asurion accepted both claims.
    correct i did the same thing with the tour i bought on ebay...it worked great for like 4 motnhs after i got it then boom it got really hot and the battery would drain in like an hour even with the phone just being in my pocket or on the table with no use its still like extreemly hot and dead battery i called up asurian and they overnighted me a phone and a battery no questions asked
    09-23-10 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD