Posting this here since I have an attel contract but under vzw now. My 8830 is in rough shape, cracked screen keyboard acting up at times, trackball doesn't select. I already used my 2 claims through asurion, and my upgrade date isn't until may. What can I do to get a new phone aside from ebay or the marketplace here?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 12:54 PM
    You really do not have too many options for an upgrade outside of ebay or craigslist. Are you eligible for an early upgrade on your calling plan? You would not get a NE2 credit, but it may be worth it to get a new phone.

Just curious, what are you doing to those phones?
    08-23-09 01:00 PM
    First claim was for my old samsung that broke. Second claim was my first berry with a broken usb port. This one I dropped last week :/. What's the early upgrade?

08-23-09 01:07 PM
    Early upgrade depends on your pricing plan. I believe its plans $59.99 and over are allowed to upgrade every 12 months with 2 year pricing and a $20 early upgrade fee. Call customer care and see if you are allowed to do it.
    08-23-09 01:10 PM
    My plan is 89 a month, I should be eligible lol

08-23-09 01:16 PM
    USB Port breaking (depending on how bad) would be covered under warranty. Depending on how the samsung broke could also be a warranty issue.
    08-23-09 01:17 PM
    I accidently stepped on it and broke it in half. Not a warranty issue. First berry wouldn't be either, since I bought it used

08-23-09 01:27 PM
    I would say take it into a store to see what they can do for you... Might be able to get away with an out of warrenty exchange. You'd pay a nominal fee ($50 at least ) and get a Certified Like New phone. Should get you by until your upgrade date. Talk to your local direct store.
    08-23-09 02:30 PM
    All is good, picked up barely used pearl with no scratches on craigslist for $120. Oh snap, I used the $ key, lol

08-24-09 01:39 PM
    Good to know you got a replacement. Whenever I get upgrades I always sell mine to subsidize the cost and many are in brand new condition.

08-24-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD