Hi first post. I already did a search but couldn't find anything. (My apology's if it's already been discuss) My question is, if I purchase the Tour from eBay or craigslist and it's one of the first model ones that has the trackball issue, would Verizon try to repair it (or replace it)? Or is there a firmware that's out there that will fix it?

Thanks!
    09-29-09 10:45 AM
    No. Its customer provided therfore there is no warranty on the phone.
    I don't think firmware can fix hardware...
    09-29-09 11:00 AM
    Why would you buy a Tour on Ebay? The phone only came out what? like 2 months ago?

But no, ebay phones are not covered under warranty.
    09-29-09 02:26 PM
    There is a reason it is on eBay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 02:28 PM
    Thanks for your responses. Reason why I'm looking to buy on eBay or craigslist is I don't want to fork out $500 plus tax. and I'm not eligible for a new phone yet.

So if warranty doesn't cover it, would verizon at least try and repair it in store?
    09-29-09 03:03 PM
    Thanks for your responses. Reason why I'm looking to buy on eBay or craigslist is I don't want to fork out $500 plus tax. and I'm not eligible for a new phone yet.

So if warranty doesn't cover it, would verizon at least try and repair it in store?
    I think that with the curve/pearl/8830 they woulld but the TOUR's trackball is built differently and I don't know if they would tear it apart to look at it. There may be some videos on youtube of people that have done this...
    09-29-09 03:04 PM

Any verizon store that I have been into has said that tear downs void warranty....Now if you dont have a warranty what do you have to worry about? Also, what they dont know wont hurt them. So if you get the device when you activated it see if you can do insurance.
    09-29-09 03:37 PM
    Any verizon store that I have been into has said that tear downs void warranty....Now if you dont have a warranty what do you have to worry about? Also, what they dont know wont hurt them. So if you get the device when you activated it see if you can do insurance.
    Just...wow. What do you have to worry about other than destroying a phone that you just paid for? Nothing. Also, they know where the device has been, don't bother trying to lie to get a warranty.

09-29-09 11:32 PM
    Just...wow. What do you have to worry about other than destroying a phone that you just paid for? Nothing. Also, they know where the device has been, don't bother trying to lie to get a warranty.

If you dont know how to take apart phones they chances are you should already know not to do so. I dont know how to do brain surgery. So guess what I dont go into many operating rooms to do it. I can watch a few videos, views the break downs of the phone parts that I get sent from suppliers, and take apart a phone.
    09-30-09 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD