05-13-09 04:58 PM
57 123
tools
    Will I have to pay an early termination fee if I cancel now? I read up on Verizon's contract and to my understanding you can cancel and return your phone(s) up to 30 days? To be completely honest, I don't even care if they charge me $35 a phone to restock just as long as I never have to deal with this again.
    He screwed you man. Dump them and get att. Get you a bold, its way better then anything verizon will EVER have. Plus you get all the feature verizon cripples to screw you even more.. Wifi, gps, etc.
    Att = better plans
    Better phones
    No crippled features
    Better customer service
    Will admit to and fix mistakes
    Gsm world capability, no cdma junk

Look at this as an oppurtunity to escape!

I would go to a corpreate att store and ask them what they're gonna due to get you to switch from verizon. Good lord they hooked me up man! Best of luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 09:41 PM
    yeah, it happens to me every time I make a change on my VZW plan, or add devices(which is quite often).

One month the bill is super high, the next month it's supper low, than it goes to where it should. Other than the insurance you didn't request, I think you're ok. The way the billing works is ridiculous, but it always evened out when I made changes.

I'd guess your next month's bill will be significantly below the plan norm. I once has a CSR explain it to me, and it all added up(I was livid at the time, she was very patient). Then I got a very low bill the next month. Ask a CSR what your next month's bill should be, they can usually calculate that, it'll probably put your mind to rest.
    05-11-09 09:43 PM
    He screwed you man. Dump them and get att. Get you a bold, its way better then anything verizon will EVER have. Plus you get all the feature verizon cripples to screw you even more.. Wifi, gps, etc.
    Att = better plans
    Better phones
    No crippled features
    Better customer service

I would go to a corpreate att store and ask them what they're gonna due to get you to switch from verizon. Good lord they hooked me up man! Best of luck

Oh yeah one more, if you get a bold you won't need unlimited data as you can use wifi free just about anywhere, on two phones that could save ya 60 a month

05-11-09 09:44 PM
    Att has less value in their price plan versus verizon.

Show me where att ranked higher than verizon in customer service...

Why do I even respond?

05-11-09 09:50 PM
    Att = better plans
    Better phones
    No crippled features
    Better customer service

I have ATT as well, their billing is not much better. Plans are pretty much the same. Phones, well that's a debate for the ages. CDMA junk, that's profound.
    Both companies have their pluses and minuses. Don't believe the hype from either side.
    05-11-09 09:52 PM
    Att has less value in their price plan versus verizon.

Show me where att ranked higher than verizon in customer service...

Why do I even respond?

Because if you were as childish as this user is, you go into the area and post ATT SUCKS! in every forum over there. With I said I have seen enought form you to tell you are intellegent and well beyond doing that. And if you did do that, you would back it up with facts.

Also another VZW forum where an intelligent person asked for intelligent conversation about an issue and has received a lot of good tips on how to resolve this. Once again invaded by an ATT fanboy and ruins the environment here.

Do those post reflect the over all intellegence or attitude of all ATT customers? I doubt it, but really would make me switch to ATT NOT!
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-11-09 at 09:59 PM.
    05-11-09 09:54 PM
    Oh yeah one more, if you get a bold you won't need unlimited data as you can use wifi free just about anywhere, on two phones that could save ya 60 a month

Yeah, awesome.
    Take the bus, no wifi
    Drive my car, no wifi
    At my office, no wifi
    At my house, yes wifi but wtf am I browsing the internet on my phone from home for?
    05-11-09 09:55 PM
    Thank you

05-11-09 09:56 PM

You have a BlckBerry without a data plan, why have a BlackBerry? Just curious. A NetBook with Wi-Fi is so much more useful.
    Last edited by crisd; 05-11-09 at 09:59 PM.
    05-11-09 09:56 PM
    I thought at& required data plans.

05-11-09 10:05 PM
    You have a BlckBerry without a data plan, why have a BlackBerry? Just curious. A NetBook with Wi-Fi is so much more useful.
    I have data. Just laying out the options for the dude. As for the guy who would like to refer to me as a 'fan boy' whatever the **** that is, I was just stating my opinion in my experiences
    I pay 85 bucks for unlimted minutes, data, and text and my phone works wherever the eff I go. No carrier can match that, period. This guy can try to sound all elite, and try to be as condesending as he wants, facts are facts. Anybody who wants to be raped by verizon, or sprint, or whoever else can be my guest. I'm good where I'm at. Fanboy? F_cking fail.

05-11-09 10:08 PM
    I have data. Just laying out the options for the dude. As for the guy who would like to refer to me as a 'fan boy' whatever the **** that is, I was just stating my opinion in my experiences
    I pay 85 bucks for unlimted minutes, data, and text and my phone works wherever the eff I go. No carrier can match that, period. This guy can try to sound all elite, and try to be as condesending as he wants, facts are facts. Anybody who wants to be raped by verizon, or sprint, or whoever else can be my guest. I'm good where I'm at. Fanboy? F_cking fail.

I'm betting it didn't work too well in the 79 rural areas ATT had to buy from Verizon. AT&T to buy territories from Verizon for $2.35B - News Wires - CNBC.com The only reason Verizon sold those areas was because they already had service there.
    05-11-09 10:13 PM
    Yeah, awesome.
    Take the bus, no wifi
    Drive my car, no wifi
    At my office, no wifi
    At my house, yes wifi but wtf am I browsing the internet on my phone from home for?
    They ran a news report about a company that can wifi your car, for $59.99 a month. Lord help us on the roads when that becomes popular.

Also, I would use my bb more at home than my home computer
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-11-09 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Fixed font and deleted quote referring to it.
    05-11-09 10:22 PM

Boy that was mature

and if you have ATT and your phone works "wherever the eff you go", you must not leave your dream world very often.
    05-11-09 10:23 PM
    They ran a news report about a company that can wifi your car, for $59.99 a month. Lord help us on the roads when that becomes popular.
    Really? How much did they charge to install this? Take Your Wi-Fi Hotspot On The Road With The New Verizon Wireless MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot From Novatel Wireless
    If it's any more than $10 for a cheapo car charger you're getting ripped off.
    05-11-09 10:25 PM
    Boy that was mature

and if you have ATT and your phone works "wherever the eff you go", you must not leave your dream world very often.
    Wow.. Dream world. I have decided I'm to grown to respond to this nonsense anymore. Good day sirs

05-11-09 10:26 PM
    WOW 4 to 40 in 10 posts
    05-11-09 10:28 PM
    Let's keep it on topic. Don't let him de rail the thread.

05-11-09 10:29 PM
    We all know that changing plans and pro-rating the two plans always cost the consumer more money. I had the rep been not been looking at his up sell and truly concerned with good customer service he would have explained this to the OP up front giving them the choice to make the change that day or come back the following day.
    05-11-09 10:33 PM
    We all know that changing plans and pro-rating the two plans always cost the consumer more money. I had the rep been not been looking at his up sell and truly concerned with good customer service he would have explained this to the OP up front giving them the choice to make the change that day or come back the following day.
    How very insightful.

ATTENTION: CHANGING TO A MORE EXPENSIVE SERVICE NOW WILL COST YOU MORE THAN IF YOU ADD IT LATER. Thank you.
    05-11-09 10:36 PM
    Seriously this is what I've been saying all day. He would have made the sale either way and if he chose not to BS me I would of been a satisfied customer and not be on the verge of cancelling everything. I'm a pretty easy going and understanding as long as people are up front about things.

05-11-09 10:45 PM
    I would def go back and return the phones and advise that you were not aware of the changes to your bill.. make sure that you get copies of everything and walk out the door.. call tele-sales from home and advise your out of contract and looking to upgrade.. More then likely your going to get a much better experience and the charges will be explained to you before hand. All stores are not like this and it makes it hard to stand behind the corp stores when you hear crap like this..
    05-11-09 10:55 PM
    I have been pretty happy with vzw, but I've had a billing issue or two. I think the problem lies with the billing system itself, I mean the way the bill is actually printed, its too confusing, and I'm a bookkeeper! I find it ridiculous that I (sometimes) have to get out a calculator to figure out if it all adds up. I had an issue with some returned hardware & cancelled service once, and frankly the "adjustment" that was supposed to appear on my next bill was not as promised, however, I will say that persistence pays off, I just kept calling CS until someone seemed to know what the **** they were doing.

Sorry you're feeling lied to, and cheated, hope you find some satisfaction.

05-12-09 12:11 AM
    Few things I don't get:
    *If this was done the last day of the bill cycle and a new line of service was added all at the same time. How the **** was that back-dated? This is systematically not possible because you cannot back-date a number to a date it didn't exist on an account.
    *And further more you cannot back-date the existing line and current date/Future date the new line on the same order either.

Calculations

Ex # 1
    For one day and mth ahead you would be
    [(min plan -2.66+3.33+99.99) + (Data 2+60) + (Insurance even though you didn't want it .33+10)]

Explanation

[(credit for last day of old plan + normal charges for next mtn) + (one day for both data plans + normal mth for both data plans) + one day for both insurance + (normal mth for both insurance)].
    That's a grand total of $180 + tax =~$225.

Ex # 2
    Lets just do one mth of service with no pro-rate
    100(plan) + 60(data for 2 phones) + 10(insurance for 2 phones) = 170 + tax = ~212.5.

Lets also do a back-date on primary line seeing that back-dating secondary line is impossible in this case.

Ex # 3
    [(Primary line -79.99(old plan) + 90(new plan) + 90(mth ahead) + 30(data current mth) + 30(data mth ahead) + 5(insurance current mth) + 5(insurence mth ahead)) + (Secondary .33(pro-rate one day) + 9.99(mth ahead) + 1(data one day) + 30(data mth ahead) + .16(insurenace one day) + 5(insurance mth ahead))] = ~216 + tax = ~ $270

As you can see all possible options are over $200. And the only option that would systematically make sense here would be the 1st option I explained which would come up to about $225.

Yes the rep may not have said do you want to future date that? All Vzw reps are told not to fight the system. Based on the upg and the add a line its a no brainer that current date would be the best option.

As for the Insurance it shouldn't have been added if you didnt want it to. That can always be removed and you should be able to receive a credit for that.

To OP please let me know if I missed something here. I am going based on your first post and other info you have given.
    05-12-09 12:22 PM
    You can backdate on the last day? Say his bc date was 7. If he went in on may 7 the rep could backdate it to 4/8. Just change the single line to a fs primary and add a fs secondary.

05-12-09 02:24 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD