Hi guys. I have a couple of questions and I'll be grateful if you guys can help me.

First question: My family is on the family plan and were about to renew the contract. I'm going for the curve but I'm not the primary so I'm ineligible for the NE2. So I'm thinking of buying the curve through the primary and changing the cell number later on. Is that possible?

Second question: The family plans include 4 lines total. However, my brother got a separate plan so he won't be on the same family plan anymore. That means there will be 1 line not in use after the contract expires. Could I still renew the contract without renewing one of the lines right now? And could I cancel that line once the current contract expires? And if I can, how would I go about doing that?

Third question: Can you change the voice plan? We are one the 1400 minutes but we dont need all that. So can we change it to the 700 minute plan?

Thank you
    07-29-08 10:27 PM
    Every phone on your plan should eventually be eligible for an upgrade, primary line or not. I have two lines and I have upgraded both numerous times.

Yes, you can renew 3 out of 4 lines, and yes you can change your plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 10:30 PM
    Primary line gets the NE2, other lines when qualified get the two year pricing plus any rebates.

Yes you can upgrade the primary line then move the device to your line. This does use the NE2 for the primary though.

Price plans can be changed at any time, and it does not affect your contract term.
    07-29-08 10:35 PM
    Hi guys. I have a couple of questions and I'll be grateful if you guys can help me.

First question: My family is on the family plan and were about to renew the contract. I'm going for the curve but I'm not the primary so I'm ineligible for the NE2. So I'm thinking of buying the curve through the primary and changing the cell number later on. Is that possible?

Second question: The family plans include 4 lines total. However, my brother got a separate plan so he won't be on the same family plan anymore. That means there will be 1 line not in use after the contract expires. Could I still renew the contract without renewing one of the lines right now? And could I cancel that line once the current contract expires? And if I can, how would I go about doing that?

Third question: Can you change the voice plan? We are one the 1400 minutes but we dont need all that. So can we change it to the 700 minute plan?

Thank you
    <---VZW Customer service rep. assuming the primary line is eligible for its NE2, yes you can process the order under that line (for the extra discount) and have it activated on your line. Its called an alternate upgrade. Keep in mind this renews the contract on the primary line and not yours.

For your second question, each line has its own individual contract. So you can renew whatever lines are available at the time. When the line you want to cancel goes out of contract, you can cancel it anytime after that without having to pay the ETF.

Thirdly, yes you can change your PP (price plan) at anytime without a contract extension. Its recommended that you change your calling plan on the beginning of your billing cycle (check your bill, the Bill cycle date is the day it closes, add 1 day to that to figure out the beginning) to avoid proration.
    07-29-08 10:48 PM
    Great thank you. You guys help me a lot. Thank you
    07-29-08 10:50 PM
    if you are adding a data plan but not changing the call plan in the middle of your cycle, does that effect anything?
    07-30-08 08:03 AM
    if you are adding a data plan but not changing the call plan in the middle of your cycle, does that effect anything?
    I'm in the same situation as you are. VZW told me I'd have to change my phone plan to the Nationwide plan, since I have America's Choice II now, if I added the data plan.
    07-30-08 10:37 AM
    I'm in the same situation as you are. VZW told me I'd have to change my phone plan to the Nationwide plan, since I have America's Choice II now, if I added the data plan.
    that is correct as the company is migrating all customers (and employees) to the Nationwide pricing plans.
    07-30-08 12:46 PM
    that is correct as the company is migrating all customers (and employees) to the Nationwide pricing plans.
    So, is this going to be a forced migration? Any idea what the timeline is for it?

If I don't have to migrate, I'd prefer not to.
    07-30-08 03:40 PM
    So, is this going to be a forced migration? Any idea what the timeline is for it?

If I don't have to migrate, I'd prefer not to.
    its a forced migration in a sense that some of the new devices require the nationwide calling plans. for employees, our deadline is the end of august. as far as i know, there is no timeline for consumers.

keep in mind the only difference between ACII and Nationwide calling plans is the way data is billed. on ACII (and other older plans) data is billed in MOU (minutes of use). On Nationwide calling, data is added up at the end of the month, rounded to the nearest MB and billed at 1.99/mb. However as the data plan is required with blackberries, this feature doesnt really have any effect on the end user. But a benefit of switching to nationwide is the ability to backdate. Currently we cannot (from the retail store at least) backdate any priceplan chances from NW-ACII. So that being said, if you for example, were going over your minutes and wanted to switch to a higher tiered plan, we wouldnt be able to backdate to the beginning of the billing cycle to avoid the proration.

Just some food for thought.
    07-30-08 04:06 PM
    keep in mind the only difference between ACII and Nationwide calling plans is the way data is billed.
    Perhaps that's true for data, but there are differences with voice. On my current ACII Family Share plan, we get 1000 minutes per month for $70. On the NW plan, I'd have to go with 700 minutes for $70, or 1400 minutes for $90. So, we either lose minutes or have to pay more just for the voice, neither of which is great.
    07-31-08 09:58 AM
    Perhaps that's true for data, but there are differences with voice. On my current ACII Family Share plan, we get 1000 minutes per month for $70. On the NW plan, I'd have to go with 700 minutes for $70, or 1400 minutes for $90. So, we either lose minutes or have to pay more just for the voice, neither of which is great.
    WOW! 20 bucks more for 400 more minutes. I remeber my first phone, 20 minutes for 20 bucks
    07-31-08 06:01 PM
    WOW! 20 bucks more for 400 more minutes. I remeber my first phone, 20 minutes for 20 bucks
    Your first phone? Oh, you mean when Sally at the central switchboard could listen in to your calls after she plugged you into the number you wanted to call?

Here's the deal: I have a certain level of voice service today. In order to get a BB, I have to pay 20 bucks a month more to get the same level of voice service that I have today for my Razr. I can go along with paying for the data service, but I don't go along with being forced to pay MORE for the SAME level of voice service. Maybe an extra 20 bucks a month doesn't mean a lot to you, but that's not true for everyone. I mean, that's almost a two seater of Sam's Boston Lager.
    08-01-08 10:56 AM
    I'm pretty sure you can keep your ACII plan. There are currently only 4 phones which require a NW plan. Voyager, Glyde, Dare, & Chocolate 3.

Read the thread here for more info.
    08-01-08 11:37 AM
    Here's the deal: I have a certain level of voice service today. In order to get a BB, I have to pay 20 bucks a month more to get the same level of voice service that I have today for my Razr. I can go along with paying for the data service, but I don't go along with being forced to pay MORE for the SAME level of voice service. Maybe an extra 20 bucks a month doesn't mean a lot to you, but that's not true for everyone. I mean, that's almost a two seater of Sam's Boston Lager.
    There is no forced migration to a new plan. The options that are available from Verizon now are Nationwide. If you choose to update or change a plan, the rep can only upgrade based on what is available now, not what you signed up for 2 years ago. Nothing new or unique to Verizon going on here.

Migrate if you want, or don't and save $20. Nobody is forcing you.
    08-01-08 12:18 PM
    Welcome to CB.
    08-01-08 02:13 PM
    There is no forced migration to a new plan. The options that are available from Verizon now are Nationwide. If you choose to update or change a plan, the rep can only upgrade based on what is available now, not what you signed up for 2 years ago. Nothing new or unique to Verizon going on here.

Migrate if you want, or don't and save $20. Nobody is forcing you.
    Yup, you're right. I just got a Curve, and while I had to sign up for a data plan, I kept my old ACII family share voice plan, no problem.
    08-03-08 12:48 PM
    The only time you must at this time change over is when you purchase a deivce that requires nationwide pricing
    08-03-08 12:54 PM
    i would still recommend switching over just to be safe. like i said, if you were to go over your voice minutes, we wouldnt be able to backdate the new calling plan to avoid the overages...
    08-03-08 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD