02-19-10 07:31 AM
50 12
tools
    No offense meant but I my blackberry 8330 memory is very low and since Bing was pushed to my phone it is using 225K of my device memory which is low as it is so although I would like to use Bing but on my Blackberry 8330 with VERY low memory as it is I just cannot afford extra memory usage for Bing at this time. On another more advanced phone I will use bing but for now I would like to remove Bing from my Verizon Blackberry. Please tell me how to remove it.
    Thanks
    12-27-09 11:38 AM
    Since verizon sent this to you, they will keep sending it to you if you try to remove it. Do some searching here on crackberry for bing and verizon and you will see lots of threads about it.
    12-27-09 11:58 AM
    Options> Advanced> Applications> then delete Bing.

You will still have the icon, there is NO way to permantely get rid of it. You must have installed the app because the icon doesn't take up that much space. Just hid the icon once you delete it.
    12-27-09 11:58 AM
    I absolutely loathe bing.. Guess imma google fan-boy *shrug*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 06:07 PM
    I'm sayin.. You had to have clicked on it and installed it.. I never have and just hide it.. Don't even notice it.. No mem usage from bing at all

12-27-09 06:26 PM
    It only will consume memory if you installed it. Otherwise the icon's essentially a placeholder. If you DID install it, and don't like it, uninstall it. Options->Applications->Bing->BB Button, delete. Problem solved.
    12-27-09 06:27 PM
    It only will consume memory if you installed it. Otherwise the icon's essentially a placeholder. If you DID install it, and don't like it, uninstall it. Options->Applications->Bing->BB Button, delete. Problem solved.
    +1, the icon itself doesn't take any memory at all. If you don't like seeing it just delete the service book, however it will come back after a battery pull so your better off just hiding it.

12-27-09 06:31 PM
    I didn't install it however if I wanted Bing on my phone I would have installed it instead of Verizon pushing it to my phone. I can't load another carriers OS on my phone but you can put this crap on there.

12-27-09 06:36 PM
    I didn't install it however if I wanted Bing on my phone I would have installed it instead of Verizon pushing it to my phone. I can't load another carriers OS on my phone but you can put this crap on there.

Not to take this off topic but loading a leaked OS will not take your phone out of warranty. However if the OS has a bug you cannot swap out your phone due to the bug. I have swapped my phone many times in a Corp store with a leaked OS.

12-27-09 06:41 PM
    If you are truly, completely and irrevocably frustrated to the point of threatening to disconnect if you don't get the Bing only software push removed from your BB, I highly suggest reading the section of the Customer Agreement over arbitration. You can start the arbitration process with the BBB, and basically ask that VZW removes it or lets you out of your contract with no ETF. If the arbitrator rules in your favor, you can go to another provider, port your number and life goes on. If you lose you're still where you are right now.

Don't take this as a like it or lump it post, it's not meant that way. I'm just trying to give people an option where they can feel that they've done something.
    12-27-09 06:42 PM
    It's pushed thtrough the service books, you CAN uninstall from the BB, however the second you send svc books again it'll reappear on the device.... the best way to get rid of it is just to hide it.
    12-27-09 07:40 PM
    Thank you! I am right there with you, HollowPoint357, I am a Google Girl, a LOYAL FAN.
    12-28-09 01:54 AM
    If you are truly, completely and irrevocably frustrated to the point of threatening to disconnect if you don't get the Bing only software push removed from your BB, I highly suggest reading the section of the Customer Agreement over arbitration. You can start the arbitration process with the BBB, and basically ask that VZW removes it or lets you out of your contract with no ETF. If the arbitrator rules in your favor, you can go to another provider, port your number and life goes on. If you lose you're still where you are right now.

Don't take this as a like it or lump it post, it's not meant that way. I'm just trying to give people an option where they can feel that they've done something.
    This is what Verizon will tell you. I threatened to return everything and they told me sorry but my 30 days is over and that I am basically screwed. Verizon sucks, the only good thing is there phone service or they would be finished.
    12-29-09 08:23 AM
    New here so forgive the post if someone has covered it.

To remove Bing from, in my case a Verizon 8330, you need to:
    1) unistall the program from the Applications menu
    2) go into Options>Advanced Options>Service Book. Remove Bing's service book.
    Ba-da-BING no more! (yeah, my wife figured it out and showed me). Hope this helps.
    This will work until your service books are resent. It might be a battery pull that will send them, or Verizon will do what they like and send them to your phone for no reason. So this is only a temporary fix, there is NO way to permantely delete them. So just hide the icon.
    12-29-09 09:29 AM
    damn i wondered when i saw this on my blackberry.. me no want
    12-29-09 04:14 PM
    When I "hide" the icon it doesn't go away but just goes "ghost".
    12-31-09 06:40 PM
    Thats because vzw is trying to slowly force all smartphone owmers (other than droid owners) to use nothing but bing. Bing goes up in use, more $$ for vzw

12-31-09 06:45 PM
    When I "hide" the icon it doesn't go away but just goes "ghost".
    BB button> Show all. It will go away then.
    12-31-09 08:18 PM
    I still have my google as my search no issues there is bing verizon has a contract with microsoft I had called them when I saw it on my Tour last week
    12-31-09 09:48 PM
    I deleted the Bing service book over a week ago and it has not come back yet.
    12-31-09 10:30 PM
    I deleted the Bing service book over a week ago and it has not come back yet.
    If you resend your serivce books, it very well may
    01-01-10 01:40 PM
    If you resend your serivce books, it very well may
    I am sure it probably will, but how often do you need to resend your service books? Just delete it again.
    01-01-10 04:20 PM
    I am sure it probably will, but how often do you need to resend your service books? Just delete it again.
    Of course if you do not install it, one can always just hide it no longer worry about it.
    01-01-10 04:38 PM
    I think one of my co-workers is right.
    Bill Gates IS the Anti Christ.
    Thank God for Google Apps!
    01-02-10 10:45 PM
    I'm honestly not worried about it. I hid the icon. and I have m.google.com as my homepage...
    Whats the issue!?
    01-03-10 02:32 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD