Hey, so I am trying to get my pin released on my blackberry storm 2 cause I want to sell it, and I am the actual owner of the phone....however when I called Verizon they transfered me around and I spoke with a lady who put me on hold and claimed to have called RIM and talked to supervisors, and came back with the response that the only thing they could do is unlock the phone but not release the pin, does anyone know what department to speak with cause they sent me to global support, and has anyone successfully got their pin released recently?
    05-23-10 01:57 PM
    The pin stays with the phone. I never heard of RIM to relaese a pin number from a blackberry
    05-23-10 04:41 PM
    Call the carriers tech support. If you got anouter BB device all you need to do is attach the new BB to your existing BIS account. If not have them delete the account. This will release the pin for the new owner
    05-23-10 04:51 PM
    Call the carriers tech support. If you got anouter BB device all you need to do is attach the new BB to your existing BIS account. If not have them delete the account. This will release the pin for the new owner
    Did not think they could do that.
    05-23-10 04:54 PM
    "Releasing the PIN" simply mean removing it from the CARRIER's database.

It doesn't mean changing it on the DEVICE.

It HAS to be be done in order for someone else to use the device on BlackBerry Data.

It's a routine request.
    05-23-10 05:06 PM
    "Releasing the PIN" simply mean removing it from the CARRIER's database.

It doesn't mean changing it on the DEVICE.

It HAS to be be done in order for someone else to use the device on BlackBerry Data.

It's a routine request.
    I have done that before. I did that when I put a storm 1 on AT&T. A RIM rep had to do that for me
    05-23-10 05:59 PM
    Did not think they could do that.
    Yes they can for the owner of a BIS account
    05-23-10 06:09 PM
    i finally got them to do it, i dont understand why some reps are easy and work with you and some are just stubborn and ignorant, Thanks all for the replies
    05-24-10 03:13 PM
    Sometimes the reps just don't know. Not that that is acceptable, but it may not be a case of them deliberately trying to not be helpful.
    05-24-10 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD