I realize some of the kiosks (particularly the one I am planning to purchase my Tour at after work today) are Corp. owned, however do you all think there is a difference in buying @ a regular VZW store or in a Kiosk?
    07-15-09 12:34 PM
    If the kiosk isn't corporate expect it to be more expensive by 20 bucks or AP

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 12:46 PM
    I don't think you can ever go wrong buying from the store. Could just be me but I know the store will be there if I have a problem. Honestly I've never bought from a kiosk so alota help I am.
    07-15-09 01:07 PM
    just in case I wasn't clear the kiosk is a corp. store (not a wannabe wireless-r-us)...
    07-15-09 01:11 PM
    Never dealt with the kiosks always the store. Kiosks are like the roach coach and the store is like the restaurant.
    07-15-09 03:00 PM
    I work in a kiosk and most customers come to us cause the stores are busy and we aren't. we will have more time to set things up for you and show you how to work things than a store will. Not saying a store is bad, have worked there too. And not everyone in a kiosk works off commission, i don't.
    07-15-09 03:26 PM
    If you buy from a non-corporate store, the rebates are different (and we have no way to track them). Also, the return policies can/will be different, so even though the corporate stores have a 30 day return policy, a private owned reseller might have only a 7 day return policy. The problem with that is that you CANNOT return that phone to a corporate store (since it's not our inventory to take back) and since you bought it from a non-corporate location and signed your contract through them, you are legally bound in agreement to their return policy. I've also seen in the past where these non-corporate stores have sold a.) Used phones in lieu of new phones; b.) Models that haven't been sold in 5 or 6 years; c.) Charge a higher activation fee; d.) Have an ADDITIONAL early term fee tacked on since you not only breached agreement with VZW but also with that privately owned store.

As long as you read all their T&Cs first, you should be fine. But their T&Cs are always different from corporate stores.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 05:18 PM
    I would have to disagree with the last post as I was an indirect agent for vzw. I was the other guy people paid more money to go to. When someone bought the phone from us they went to the vzw store to return it. Always remember regardless of where you buy your phone you are still a vzw customer and can always be helped by vzw. As far as where to buy, I would say wherever you would find it the cheapest. Not saying ebay or anything like that, but I would check internet and all first. Again regardless of where you buy your phone vzw HAS to help you and HAS to honor the 30Day Worry Free Guarantee. I have preferred to contact telesales though as you can always ask what can you do for me the they other people can't. Even better is mentioning that another carrier has the same phone and you've also contemplated calling them and pricing the phone through them. Be a shopper. I also prefer not to deal with the person because they are under the gun to get you to buy accessories and add more data than you need. (editing this post) The equipment is to be returned to the orginal vendor. But all vendor's dealing with vzw have to abide by vzw's 30 WFG. That is kiosks and private stores that only sell verizon. But again wherever you do get your phone, you will always be first and foremost a VZW customer so they will always have to help you regardless.
    Last edited by Raptor6977; 07-15-09 at 10:03 PM.
    07-15-09 09:49 PM
    Worked in a kiosk for an auth agent, then corp store, now corp kiosk. Every now and then there is a better promo of the phones in the corp kiosk, i always advise avoiding the auth dealers.... just greater chance of things being shady.... If you buy in a corp kiosk, any store will stand by what happened, so if things get messed up at the kiosk, you can go to the store and not have anything to worry about. The only real difference I see is there is less traffic at kiosks, so less wait times... If you go to a BJs there are cheaper prices on several phones and the accessory packages are also cheaper... You do not need a membership to get in and shop at the verizon kiosk either.
    07-15-09 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD