I joined the Verizon community in March of 2007. Two months later the rest of my family jumped on the wagon and we have a family plan. In September of 2008 I was dying for a different phone, I didn't care what I had to pay I just needed/wanted a new phone. They told me my 2yr contract was not up and I wasn't eligible for a discounted upgrade HOWEVER they let me buy a phone and sign a 1 yr contract as the phone was going to be $300 if I bought it on a "month to month" basis. I got the phone for $150.

July of this year I was eligible for another upgrade since I signed a different contract in September of 08. I fell in love with Blackberry and I won't look back! I am now on a 2 yr contract and not eligible for upgrade until March of 2011. I am fine with that, I love my Curve.

My mother was eligible for upgrade in January and was nervous about getting a blackberry so instead she got an LG Voyager. She HATES the touch screen and if she has to flip it open to type she just would rather have a blackberry, especially since she sees the enjoyment I've gotten out of mine

My question is this.... She's not eligible for ANOTHER upgrade until September 2010. Do any of you know for sure whether or not she could go "upgrade" to a blackberry and sign the 1 yr contract and get it for the 1yr contract price? Or, if this is do-able, would we be better off buying a used Berry off Ebay that is compatible with Verizon and having it activated? My brother is in the same boat, same dates and everything. He's still running the first generation EnV, bless his heart.

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
    10-21-09 12:30 PM
    get one off of ebay, and call it a day.
    10-21-09 12:42 PM
    I'd go with Ebay. Check the ESN for the lost/stolen list, or you'll have wasted your time and money.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 01:18 PM
    My wife was able to upgrade from the Voyager to a BB one year after getting the Voyager, she was told that she could do that because she was the primary line. It might be worth a trip to the store and a wait until Jan.
    10-21-09 01:23 PM
    I was just went to Verizon I wanted to change my Pearl to a curve, my contract is up in Jan. they told me $500.00, and I said forget it I'll wait. I had to leave T-Mobile, where I had a curve & I really miss the screen size & the keyboard.
    10-21-09 06:48 PM
    Thank you all for the suggestions and advice
    10-22-09 02:19 PM
    I was just went to Verizon I wanted to change my Pearl to a curve, my contract is up in Jan. they told me $500.00, and I said forget it I'll wait. I had to leave T-Mobile, where I had a curve & I really miss the screen size & the keyboard.
    Why didnt you just get a curve instead of the pearl?
    10-22-09 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD