09-06-09 02:29 PM
41 12
tools
    I wonder why all of a sudden then -
    I havent installed anything out of the ordinary other than BBM 5.0 since I got the phone on the 12th
    BBM 5 is causing all sorts of problems. Yours could be one of them. It isn't release grade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 06:16 PM
    So i called tech support and they told me that it is because of an outage in my area...
    07-24-09 06:39 PM
    Its completely better for me now.
    07-24-09 07:00 PM
    Corrupted data on your phone causing SMS packet errors is what happened.

Sorry it took so long - in & out of coverage areas. This message took over an hour to send.

Someday, RIM will figure out a way to keep multipath & memory overruns from corrupting text files. Or maybe they won't.

could this be the reason why i would get red X's in my MMS while on a heavy sending/receiving time of the day?
    07-25-09 11:01 AM
    So i called tech support and they told me that it is because of an outage in my area...
    I can tell you thats about 95% bullsh*t. For some reason some techs always say that. Just say the guy sitting next to me is fine... and then they're like... well... we can send you out a replacement lol
    07-25-09 01:37 PM
    Just back from France. I was having issues with PIN to PIN and Text Messaging. I too got a RED X after trying to send as well. Soft reset and such, no change. I did notice I was on a different network than the last time I successfully sent a message. When I tried to resend the RED X messages from a different coverage area, they went through.
    07-26-09 03:38 PM
    Corrupted data on your phone causing SMS packet errors is what happened.
    Twins-

Do you know what causes the corruptions? 3rd party apps? Because I had this happen not too long as well...

07-26-09 05:08 PM
    AHHHH

after wiping my device and not having any problems at all for 2 days now its happening again
    07-27-09 12:36 PM
    AHHHH

after wiping my device and not having any problems at all for 2 days now its happening again
    New phone that **!
    07-27-09 12:50 PM
    So its definitely the phone? This sucks because it was perfect until this week

I preordered it. So I need to send it back I cant pick one up at the store right?
    07-27-09 12:52 PM
    So its definitely the phone? This sucks because it was perfect until this week

I preordered it. So I need to send it back I cant pick one up at the store right?
    As long as you bought it from VZW online you should be able to go into the store and do it just fine. You're still within 30 days so ask for a brand new tour and you should be good to go. Can't believe that though thats really lame it never got worked out.
    07-27-09 12:54 PM
    I've been having this problem over the last few days. It was pretty bad last night and this AM. I went into Service Books and deleted the WAP Push (SMS) [WAPPushConfig] item. I then went into the Host Routing Table and registered again, resending the service books. Since doing that, I've had zero problems sending texts, and I send a bunch! Anyways, so far that seems to have worked for me. Hope that helps!
    08-20-09 01:18 PM
    I had a similar proble, mostly with MMS messages. I have an 8gb memory card in my phone and once I emptied the entire card, it worked great after that.

So if u have a full mem card, that might be the issue
    08-20-09 01:34 PM
    I had a similar proble, mostly with MMS messages. I have an 8gb memory card in my phone and once I emptied the entire card, it worked great after that.

So if u have a full mem card, that might be the issue
    I have over 6 gigs open on an 8GB card so I know this wasn't my problem.
    08-20-09 04:13 PM
    hmm.. i just started having this problem on my storm this evening, and its pretty aggravating with the amount of texts i send! i get duplicate texts and red X's everytime i send something...
    08-27-09 06:30 AM
    I had a problem with the dreaded red x after trying to send sms or mms. My problem was that the service center phone number was missing. Options-SMS-Service center. Then whenever i entered the number and saved i would go back in and the number would again be missing. After many phonecalls to tech support it was concluded to be a faulty phone. Tried someone else sim card and found that everything worked well with that meaning all i needed was a new sim card. All works well now.
    09-06-09 02:29 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD