I travel a lot to rural areas where I cannot get high speed data, or might not have any connection at all. The past month or so I have noticed that I do not get high speed data (1XEV) when I get back to places I usually do. I get a strong signal, just no data. I pulled the battery and that seemed to fix everything, but I don't want to do this every time! I called customer service and they told me it takes about 24h to get back on to the high speed data network, and that reseting the phone was the only shortcut. Does anyone have a better suggestion!
    07-20-09 06:50 PM
    Manage connections>turn all connections off

Manage connections > restore connections

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 06:56 PM
    I have had that happen twice in the last 2 weeks. I reprogrammed my phone....*228 and pulled the battery. Worked, I know a pain but that at least gets the internet back on.
    07-20-09 06:59 PM
    It takes all of about 24 milliseconds to reconnect to 1XEV, not 24 hours. Sounds like someone didn't want to help you.

If it recovers after a battery pull, check firast to be sure your setting is on Auto (Options/Mobile Network). Then check your free file memory (Options/Status = File Free).

Also, which OS version are you running?

07-20-09 07:00 PM
    Thanks! I will try it.
    07-20-09 07:26 PM
    It takes all of about 24 milliseconds to reconnect to 1XEV, not 24 hours. Sounds like someone didn't want to help you.

If it recovers after a battery pull, check firast to be sure your setting is on Auto (Options/Mobile Network). Then check your free file memory (Options/Status = File Free).

Also, which OS version are you running?

Thanks. My setting is on Auto, and my file free is 28 MB. I am running 4.5.0.77.

re: somebody not wanting to help. Last fall I was having trouble with the software update and was getting the run around from our BES technical support. A guru from this site posted step-by-step instructions to solve it. I gave it to our BES people and they said "yeah, do that" and it solved the problem!
    07-21-09 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD