I had to take an emergency trip to texas my carrier is verizon and i own a BB8330. when i got here to her house i notice i have no reception. My mother has alltel and has great reception. I am new to my BB and was wondering if there was something in my options that i have to change to make my BB work. The last time i was here i had an ENv2 and i had to change a setting.
    Please if anyone can helpme that woould be lovely.I am lost without my BB
    Thanks
    Jennthegreat
    06-15-09 11:02 AM
    *228 option 2
    06-15-09 11:15 AM
    I had to take an emergency trip to texas my carrier is verizon and i own a BB8330. when i got here to her house i notice i have no reception. My mother has alltel and has great reception. I am new to my BB and was wondering if there was something in my options that i have to change to make my BB work. The last time i was here i had an ENv2 and i had to change a setting.
    Please if anyone can helpme that woould be lovely.I am lost without my BB
    Thanks
    Jennthegreat
    Make sure too have the network selection set to automatic and not home only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 11:56 AM
    Thank you very much...I have bars now but i am not able to receive my email or send text. do i need to do something else.
    thank you again for the help
    Jenn
    06-15-09 12:02 PM
    What part of Texas are in currently visiting? I lived in San Antonio and had great reception. There is a huge area just west of town that has no reception at all, I guess its just too remote.
    06-15-09 12:02 PM
    I'm in coleman close to abilene..
    06-15-09 12:24 PM
    Ya that area looks like it just had some towers added or possibly the Alltel acquisition added some coverage. You should have good voice coverage but nothing when it comes to data.

Huge areas to the south of Coleman with nothing at all. Its just one of those areas that is devoid of any real support. Ive always wondered why certain parts of Texas have no coverage, its not like these areas have mountains, they are flat like a pancake. (Besides the Hill Country of course)

Coleman zip 76834

Coverage Locator - Verizon Wireless
    Last edited by cenloe; 06-15-09 at 01:06 PM.
    06-15-09 01:01 PM
    I'm almost positive that we roam on Sprint in Coleman.

06-15-09 01:16 PM
    Go to options advanced options host routing tables. Then hit the blackberry key and select register!

06-15-09 08:40 PM
    I looked at the coverage and it says i have coverage here in colman....76834.
    so it doesn't make since why i don't data coverage... i am able to make and receive phone calls but no text and email...hhmmmm... i do appreciate all your help thank you very much
    Jennthegreat
    06-16-09 11:00 AM
    According to the Coverage Locator, you have voice and messaging but not National Access or Mobile Broadband. Remember to click on the Enhanced Services and Broadband and VCast options for data coverage. Not sure why you wouldnt have texting capabilities though.
    06-16-09 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD