So I just got the new Curve and was under the impression that Verizon gave you a data credit of $50 or $100 if you signed up for a BlackBerry data plan (I used to have a Razr). Is this incorrect? The customer service rep told me the only rebate for the Curve was the mail-in rebate and said she didn't see any additional ones.

Does anyone know how to get any other credits or rebates from Verizon?
    05-15-08 05:34 PM
    I got an "advanced device credit" of $100 on my Pearl earlier this week.
    05-15-08 06:08 PM
    did you get it as a new cus, ne2, or full retail? I think you only get the $100 off if you're new or ne2 eligible.

I visited the store today & they told me when I upgrade to the curve on ne2 it'll be 100 off, plus 50 for my ne2, plus the 50 rebate. They said if I did not wait till sunday & did an early upgrade it would be the rebate only. Big difference!
    05-15-08 07:50 PM
    That is a big difference, but I was only allowed to take the $100 ADC -OR- the $100 new every 2, not both, so I paid (after rebate) $70 for the phone. Then I got got $20 back after they dropped the price $20 last week. Net cost: $50.

If I could have gotten both credits, new every 2 plus plus the $100 ADC credit, they would have had to pay me $50 and given me a free Curve with their current pricing.

Verizon is changing their prices about every 5 minutes right now. I already got a $20 refund because of the overnight price drop last week. That's enough for me right now, don't have the time or energy to battle them on combining NE2 with ADC. My inner tightwad has a limit, I've decided that a $50 Curve is good enough.

But if you can pull it off and want to spend the time to haggle, then go for it! Let us know how it turns out!
    05-17-08 04:34 AM
    I just got my wife the Curve at a Circuit City for $100 with no $50 rebate. Her number is a secondary line and only gets a credit of $50. Last week at the Verizon store they wanted $250 not including the $50 rebate. Don't understand why such a big price difference between CC and Verizon stores but I didn't ask any questions and just took the deal before the price changed on me.
    05-18-08 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD