I just did a search on Verizon's website, and I found that there is a $70 rebate for the Curve, that I didn't know about. Has anyone been able to get that and the $70 discount? I don't want to mutilate my box if there's no chance.
    08-10-08 09:20 AM
    Try it. When I bought my 2nd Curve after my first was stolen, I paid full price at a T-Mobile store, they also did not tell me about a $50 rebate that was online. I submitted for the rebate and received a $50 visa card. Good luck!
    08-10-08 09:26 AM
    I just did a search on Verizon's website, and I found that there is a $70 rebate for the Curve, that I didn't know about. Has anyone been able to get that and the $70 discount? I don't want to mutilate my box if there's no chance.

Actually I think the rebate is in lieu of the discount. The way it was explained to me is if your order online, you get an instant $70 discount and do not have to wait for the rebate. However, if you order over the phone or in the store, then you have to apply for the rebate to get your $70.
    08-10-08 09:40 AM
    I think that michgirl has it right. That is how it was explained to me when I went and got my wife's new pink 8330.

Another thing that the store told me was that ANY addtional line can upgrade early regardless of how long in current contract to any BB, smartphone, or PDA early as a promotion that they are sending out to certain customers (not sure of who gets notified or why). Not sure how long it is going on, but if you are looking for an upgrade, now is your chance. Since they are addtional lines, there is no NE2, but you do get 2 yr pricing as well as any rebates or online discounts. Store said that they didnt have a code, but it was a managers exemption.
    Last edited by mmcconaughy; 08-10-08 at 11:15 AM.
    08-10-08 11:12 AM
    I just purchased the Curve 8330 from US Cellular. There is $100.00 rebate in the form of a visa card.
    08-10-08 11:22 AM
    I upgraded early. My line wasn't eligible but my husband's was. The Verizon rep waived the early upgrade fee, the activation fee, sold me a pink Curve for $70 and printed me out the $70 rebate receipt. So I ended up paying $37 in taxes.
    08-10-08 07:13 PM
    i just got my rebate from verizon today for the 8330, $70
    08-18-08 10:53 PM
    the 70$ mail in rebate is the same as the 70$ discount online, its an instant rebate.
    08-19-08 12:49 AM
    I got my curve right before the sale started so i called and ask what i could do because if i would of been told to wait a day or 2 i would of so they created it to my account that is good customer service then the wife saw the pink curve the salesman gave me the rebate in store because i had bought a couple device already i think i will be a customer for life i was with helio for ever BAD customer service
    08-19-08 06:08 AM
    how long did it take to receive?
    I think the $70 is just immediately discounted when bought online. For example, if it is $100, you would only pay $30, instead of waiting for the money to be sent back to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 11:48 AM
    If you buy in the store, call first and tell the rep to note your account that you want the online discount (70) in the store so you don't have to wait for the rebate to come back to you by check.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 12:09 PM
    it took me about 2 good weeks to receive my rebate back thru the mail. i bought my phone on 8/2 and received my rebate yesterday.
    08-19-08 03:08 PM
    no problem
    08-19-08 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD