08-16-09 06:48 PM
49 12
tools
    1. Hands down, Customer Service. I have never been dissatified with any service I have ever received from Verizon, whether in store or on the phone. They know their stuff, which makes me more confident as a consumer and makes me more than willing to refer them to EVERYONE I know (family, friends, asscoiates, clients, you name it!) Not to mention how awesome and helpful they were when I was getting ready to travel to Italy and rented a phone for my mom to use there. Amazingness.

2. Coverage area. Being able to travel anywhere and not have to worry about whether or not I can be contacted.

3. I've never had to deal with crap like I have with T-Mobile and Sprint. Verizon tells you what to expect, and you can believe them!
    08-12-09 12:22 PM
    Perfect timing to find this thread...

Just like a lot people I have my complaints about Verizon and like a lot of people I let them get to me now and then, come on here to vent and hopefully hear that others have had similar expereinces.

Well, Verizon made me very happy today. I had called regarding exchanging my second Tour for a third a few weeks ago (2 days after I got Tour#2 which was 3 days after I got Tour #1) and they told me to wait a little as newer units would be shipping soon and hopefully (the CSR actually said hopefully) all the hardware issues will have been addressed by then.

Tomorrow is the last day of my 30 days. I got a call today from a CSR reminding me that I have only one day left to return the phone. I assume a note was made on my account when I called initailly. Anyway, I had explained (probably a lot more than they wanted to know about my life) that I had been to the Hospital 3 times in the last 2 weeks, once for myself, once for my GF and once for my Mother. Thankfully everyone is fine but I told them that I just lost track of time and that I really do want to exchange the Tour as I am still having a trackball lock up now and then (physical not OS related). After telling me they were happy to hear we are all allright they extended my 30 days for another 30 days incase I can't make it by tomorrow.

I have to wonder if this wasn't just a CSR rep being a good person and being a dilligent employee or if Verizon really does or is at least starting to actually care about their customers.

Either way it made me a happy Verizon customer. Also made a minor (also somewhat silly) promise to myself. I will do my best to not let the little things get to me to the point that I have to come on here and vent or worse, threaten to cancel my service.
    Have a problem in store, call 611 to resolve it. Too mamy times the in store expereince has driven me straight to wanting to threaten to cancel my service. Just out of spite and not that I actually want to.
    08-12-09 01:07 PM
    Perfect timing to find this thread...

Just like a lot people I have my complaints about Verizon and like a lot of people I let them get to me now and then, come on here to vent and hopefully hear that others have had similar expereinces.

Well, Verizon made me very happy today. I had called regarding exchanging my second Tour for a third a few weeks ago (2 days after I got Tour#2 which was 3 days after I got Tour #1) and they told me to wait a little as newer units would be shipping soon and hopefully (the CSR actually said hopefully) all the hardware issues will have been addressed by then.

Tomorrow is the last day of my 30 days. I got a call today from a CSR reminding me that I have only one day left to return the phone. I assume a note was made on my account when I called initailly. Anyway, I had explained (probably a lot more than they wanted to know about my life) that I had been to the Hospital 3 times in the last 2 weeks, once for myself, once for my GF and once for my Mother. Thankfully everyone is fine but I told them that I just lost track of time and that I really do want to exchange the Tour as I am still having a trackball lock up now and then (physical not OS related). After telling me they were happy to hear we are all allright they extended my 30 days for another 30 days incase I can't make it by tomorrow.

I have to wonder if this wasn't just a CSR rep being a good person and being a dilligent employee or if Verizon really does or is at least starting to actually care about their customers.

Either way it made me a happy Verizon customer. Also made a minor (also somewhat silly) promise to myself. I will do my best to not let the little things get to me to the point that I have to come on here and vent or worse, threaten to cancel my service.
    Have a problem in store, call 611 to resolve it. Too mamy times the in store expereince has driven me straight to wanting to threaten to cancel my service. Just out of spite and not that I actually want to.
    08-12-09 01:07 PM
    Verizon has great service and they do pay the bills so I can not complain.
    08-12-09 07:02 PM
    Um, for me:

Coverage

Value

Service

Features

They don't force me to get a Crapberry Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 08:17 PM
    None

10 Char
    08-12-09 08:33 PM
    I had Cingular/AT&T before Verizon and I would pay an additional 20-60 bucks per pay cycle for just the calls; another $10 for texting. After switching to Verizon, I almost never payed more than 2-4 bucks which was only for the few mb of downloading. Now that I have a BlackBerry, where a data plan is required, and I have a discount through work for both the phone plan + data, I have a damn good plan from Verizon and a wicked good price. The coverage is great, and yes, the customer service is amongst the best.
    08-12-09 08:40 PM
    None

10 Char
    None? Your one crazy mofo!
    08-12-09 09:00 PM
    I love Verizon...

Ive been with them for over 11 years now prior to having VZW i have been with AT&T & Cingular (Prior and after the merge), Nextel, Sprint and T-Mobile... and I will say that none of them come close to Verizon in terms of customer service and coverage... sure they may be a little more money but IMO you get what you pay for and VZW proves that hands down...

When I purchased my first Blackberry (8830) being a new BB user i wasn't aware of the capabilities of the phone and 3 months into having the phone I truly hated it because of its lack of camera and low internal memory... I noticed VZW had just released the curve (8330) so I called Verizon and explained to the CSR how Un-happy I was with the phone and how I would be happier with the curve... He in turn spoke with his manager whom granted the CSR permission to swap it out for a new Curve (8330) just to keep me happy...didn't even have to threaten to cancel my service or anything...Now Try doing that with any other Carrier and see what they say...
    I truly believe VZW really cares about there customers and bends backwards for them...Especially if your a good loyal customer who pays on time.
    08-12-09 09:02 PM
    Great service, good CS
    08-12-09 09:03 PM
    Apparently you can't read...this is the "Reasons Why You Like Verizon" thread.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. I agree the customer service is suburb, in the stores and over the phone. Verizon is one of the few companies that I have never had to hang up on out of anger. The coverage is amazing as well, a full signal while fishing in the middle of Lake Erie makes me smile
    A female that likes fishing?!?!? Why can't I find one for me?
    08-12-09 09:04 PM
    Customer service for starters and then coverage areas. I have had AT/T, Nextel (expensive), Voice Stream (now T-Mobile) and Qwest. Verizon really delivers with the customer support and coverage areas. Had an issue last yr due to moving from Washington state to TX. Contacted the closest VZW corporate office to Seattle. In addition, sent one email message about the issue. Less than a week, we were contacted and issue resolved. I believe they put us (customers) first.
    08-12-09 09:34 PM
    This is my reason for liking Verizon- I recently spent two weeks in England and Scotland and had signed up for Verizon's international roaming plan. I was assured everything was set up correctly but of coarse when i got there my phone could not lock onto a signal. I called Verizon from my hotel room twice once to report the problem and once to find out what was going on. One call was about 20 minutes and the other call was 30-40 minutes including the normal time holding. The calls were costing me 3.99 bps per minute and came to 120bps by the time they were finished which converted to $210.00. Verizon credited me for both calls at full price with no threats of leaving or anything else. I asked and they gave it to me. I think i will be with them for a long time to come.
    08-12-09 10:20 PM
    I have never commented on people whining...yes I said it whining about no wifi....Sure I think it would be great to have that option but hmmmm the companies want to make MONEY...quite naturally it would not be a top priority to assist us with getting free service....geez get over it
    08-12-09 10:26 PM
    You mean this one?

Let's take a whack at your hack job here, shall we?

RIM has never released a WiFi-capable BlackBerry - on any carrier - so how is this VZW's fault? Or Sprint's? Or Alltel's Or...?
    Um, 8350i

Luv ya Twins

BB Bold has Wifi.. just sayin'
    Yep

Now to the OP: Coverage, and lack of dropping calls.
    08-12-09 10:30 PM
    I love Verizon because I never have to call them!! Bill is never jacked up...great coverage....phone works. Customer for 5 years and only call once a year and that's usually to check upgrade options.

08-12-09 11:48 PM
    I have had verizon for 4 years and had minimal problems. My family has US cellular and doesn't get service in their homes, but I get a strong signal everywhere I go. Excellent customer service!!!Yes they are more expensive but worth it.

08-13-09 12:20 AM
    Dang - missed one instance of clarification in a post & I may never get to live it down.

They have never released a WiFi capable CDMA BlackBerry.

And that 8350 is iDen.

08-13-09 01:39 AM
    customer service is the key.
    08-13-09 02:46 AM
    coverage and customer service
    08-13-09 03:43 AM
    like someone else said earlier, Verizon's quality of service and customer service are second to none. VZW realized they screwed up my bill and made the corrections effortlessly and even offered me a months free service. Thanks verizon!!
    08-13-09 04:52 AM
    [QUOTE=RealEstatePro;3325042]I called Verizon and explained to the CSR how Un-happy I was with the phone and how I would be happier with the curve... He in turn spoke with his manager whom granted the CSR permission to swap it out for a new Curve (8330) just to keep me happy...didn't even have to threaten to cancel my service or anything...Now Try doing that with any other Carrier and see what they say...
    QUOTE]

Times have changed. Now they won't do that we have denied ppl with multiple storm replacements that want the tour.
    08-13-09 07:30 AM
    Coverage and dependability, for one thing. I have had maybe two dropped calls in eight years on Big Red.

I can't speak to the speed of the network. I'll have more to say about that when I actually get my Tour.

I like that their data/email plan right now is $30 per month with no limits.

I also like that their international data/email plan has a flat fee for unlimited usage.

Customer service? I guess I can testify to that by saying I've never had to deal with customer service. Stuff just works.
    08-13-09 08:20 AM
    coverage area is #1 for me.

When I moved to NC from MS, my AT&T service was hit or miss at home and majority of my commute to work. It works great at the university I work at.

I switched to verizon after a month and the service coverage has been wonderful.
    08-16-09 06:48 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD