Okay here's what I want to do. I'm dying for the Blackberry Tour, right. So...I've arranged to leave my moms account and go to my girlfriends. But my mom does not want to cancel my phones service, but I HAVE to transfer the number. Can I switch numbers? But what will Verizon do with my old phone? Program it a completely new number? Please help. Thanks.
    07-14-09 07:46 PM
    Once you switch the number to your gfs account, the line will be cancelled on your moms plan. If you're doing a straight assumption of liability, there won't be any extra fees for mom, though if you are the only line on her family share, then she will have to switch to a single line plan.

Hope that helps.
    07-14-09 07:53 PM
    SO I cant just switch the number with no consequences? Damn, I really didn't think it was going to be so complicated.
    07-14-09 07:57 PM
    Switching phone numbers with another account is impossible from what I understand. The *only* way to arrange a specific number is to be a big enough business to arrange for it, and that's with any phone company.

My guess is it's this way to prevent random joes from squatting phone numbers and selling the rights to them for big amounts of money on Ebay.
    07-14-09 08:27 PM
    Ok by switching numbers what exactly do you mean because I'm confused. Is there someone on your gf's plan that wants to go to your moms? The only way to get your number to your gf's plan is to do the assumption of liability. If your line is eligible for the upgrade you will still be able to upgrade, if not eligible then no upgrade as the upgrade date follows the number. Now remember that on secondary numbers the upgrade date is every 20 months. Also on your mothers line if she is the primary she can do the annual upgrade. The primary get's an upgrade option every 12 months. You pay a little more but it may be worth it. You could always have your mother get upgrade her line if she's eligible, then just switch the tour to your line, put her phone back on her line, then your curve is a spare phone. Then you would do the assumption of liability to go to your gf's plan, and your mom would have no early term. fees. Hope this helped.
    07-15-09 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD