When I read my gmail e-mails on my BB, it doesn't mark them as read when I sign online. However, when I read my yahoo e-mail, it does mark them as read immediately. Is there someway to remedy this situation? I hate reading the gmail e-mails on my BB, then having to click them as read after signing on with my computer. Thanks!
    06-23-09 09:02 PM
    Set up IMAP access instead of POP.
    06-23-09 09:46 PM
    So how do I go about setting up IMAP? I went to gmail settings, enabled "IMAP" and its still not working. I've already searched the forums for like 10 minutes and can't find instructions or anyone else having this problem either.
    06-24-09 12:16 AM
    Do I need to disable POP and enable IMAP? Can I have them both running at the same time?
    06-24-09 12:16 AM
    I tried disabling POP while enabling IMAP but now I get no e-mails to my gmail. Anyway so whats the solution? I've already enabled IMAP on gmail settings (on the gmail website).
    06-24-09 12:41 AM
    Weird. I didn't have to do anything special to get my gmail to mark what i read on my blackberry as read online.
    06-24-09 03:21 AM
    gmail does not support this with a BB actually pretty much the only email that does outside of BES and free is yahoo..
    06-24-09 03:29 AM
    I use the gmail app from google.. works awesome and has 'flick' scrolling!
    06-24-09 08:45 AM
    I use the gmail app from google.. works awesome and has 'flick' scrolling!
    I hate using the gmail app, because even when I read my e-mail using the app, I have to reread it on my BB message icon to get rid of the notification.

All I want is a solution where I can read my e-mail once, and it will mark it as read on my website gmail, gmail app, and bb. =) Is that too much to ask! haha
    06-24-09 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD