03-01-09 12:40 AM
66 123
tools
    Major changes at Verizon Wireless? (Phone Arena)

Verizon may be ending a couple of programs by Feb. 15, so if you switch or are thinking about switching, this information may help.
    01-31-09 11:24 AM

Verizon may be ending a couple of programs by Feb. 15, so if you switch or are thinking about switching, this information may help.
    Interesting, I have seen no such letter stating this at this time. Does not mean we have not gotten it yet, but I will keep an eye out for it
    01-31-09 11:41 AM
    How true is the source?
    01-31-09 12:37 PM
    Sounds fishy...
    01-31-09 12:40 PM
    01-31-09 12:49 PM
    idk...if vzw does do all those changes, i dont think very many customers - past n present - will be very happy. i hope they dont - i really love vzw svc and cust reps! ive never ever had major issues-if there was a problem-they obliged aft listening to my testimony. i hope this is just a game of "telephone" and by time it reached the end of the line it was distorted!
    01-31-09 12:50 PM
    I am not surprised Verizon may be dropping the Test Drive. I am sure they have lost money on the Storm.

Several months ago I said if people kept abusing the test drive that it would be dropped. I was flamed for making the comment.
    01-31-09 12:58 PM
    You know something? Those programs cost money. No company ever pays for anything - you and I do.

They don't pay taxes. You may think they do, but if the taxes are doubled, the cost of items/services increases to compensate.

Without these often abused programs, the net cost of the phones may drop. They may also add discounts into the backend, through additional rebates & such.

Competition may ultimately decide. Other carriers may follow suit. Look at the airline industry. One raises fares & the others typically follow suit. One lower their fares & again, others follow.

Don't look poorly on a company until you see how things shake out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 05:16 PM
    Verizon has also lowered the new every 2 discount for a while as far as I know. Its 50 instead of 100. Everyone struggling in these economic times, not very suprising to me. Everyones making cuts where they can so they can stay open.

01-31-09 05:28 PM
    Verizon has also lowered the new every 2 discount for a while as far as I know. Its 50 instead of 100. Everyone struggling in these economic times, not very suprising to me. Everyones making cuts where they can so they can stay open.
    To me that is not helping. I would think that paying $50 more dollars than expected would hinder the upgrade. I know it would for me.
    01-31-09 05:44 PM
    To me that is not helping. I would think that paying $50 more dollars than expected would hinder the upgrade. I know it would for me.
    EHHH it may impact it a little bit, but a couple years ago they had it so everyone recieved a $100 credit, and then dropped it so you had to pay $79.99+ to get the hundred, otherwise you only get $50... honestly, it didnt really affect sales, at least mine... If you currently have a $100 credit, say available in march, its not like you will lose it... its just that NE2 credits will be lower for the following time you upgrade the contract
    01-31-09 06:01 PM
    I know for a fact that the every two year discount has been reduced for awhile now. My girlfriend was told that without a plan over $100.00 a month she could only trade her phone in for $50.00 (my bill is over 100.00 easy). My question is "Are the programs going to be completely gone, or just not be available to those who signed contracts after 02-15-09."
    01-31-09 06:37 PM
    The economic times aren't as bad as we keep hearing. Besides, the telcos aren't really feeling any measurable effects. People feel their phones are necessary (they aren't) and will cut other things before they cut their phone service.

Besides, what is the real difference between getting a phone for $500 with $100 discount & getting the same phone for $450 with a $50 discount?

I am not saying that is what will happen but logic tells me these programs cost money.

Does anyone know what the competition offers for loyalty programs?

01-31-09 06:41 PM
    I know for a fact that the every two year discount has been reduced for awhile now. My girlfriend was told that without a plan over $100.00 a month she could only trade her phone in for $50.00 (my bill is over 100.00 easy). My question is "Are the programs going to be completely gone, or just not be available to those who signed contracts after 02-15-09."
    currently how it is is if your primary line's base plan is 79.99+ you get $100, soon to be lowered to $50... the test drive program will be completely gone after feb 15th. ne2 will still be around, just at the reduced amounts
    01-31-09 06:48 PM
    when alltel people become available to come over you have a lot of people going to try the storm and other phones bring them back. if i switch now they would give me 25 % discount but i didn't believe the rep. when she said there wouldn't be any ETF if i came now instead of waiting for the company's to be one. if any VZ people can bring me over pm me.
    01-31-09 07:07 PM
    i dont think they are dumping the test drive program completely, its just that they will no longer pay for your usage. which makes sense.

but i think you can still cancel and get a full equipment refund within 30 days, just paying for your usage with the new program, correct? and if so, it seems fair.

the ne2 change pisses me off, if i pay $120 a month to them, i want my damn $100 every 2 years

they should make it 3 teir

under $40 gets $20 ne2, under $80 gets $40, 80 and up get $100.

so us paying a fortune get rewarded.
    01-31-09 07:45 PM
    i dont think they are dumping the test drive program completely, its just that they will no longer pay for your usage. which makes sense.

but i think you can still cancel and get a full equipment refund within 30 days, just paying for your usage with the new program, correct? and if so, it seems fair.

the ne2 change pisses me off, if i pay $120 a month to them, i want my damn $100 every 2 years

they should make it 3 teir

under $40 gets $20 ne2, under $80 gets $40, 80 and up get $100.

so us paying a fortune get rewarded.
    Test drive pretty much just refers to paying back customers that left for any charges they had if they port out. The Worry Free Garantee (spelling?) will still be around, so you can still cancel within 30 days, you just have to pay for what you used, definately fair. And yes, the 3 tier would be nice, but chances are slim that it will happen
    01-31-09 07:55 PM
    One word... wow!
    01-31-09 07:59 PM
    Verizon may have cut the discount on the new every two, but their new program allows a new phone every year, with the extra discount every 20 months.

So I can buy a new phone at the normal activation price every year, and once every 20 months, you get the extra $30, $50, or $100 (depending on when you joined and your plan).

I think that is a better deal to a lot of people on this forum.
    01-31-09 08:46 PM
    Verizon may have cut the discount on the new every two, but their new program allows a new phone every year, with the extra discount every 20 months.

So I can buy a new phone at the normal activation price every year, and once every 20 months, you get the extra $30, $50, or $100 (depending on when you joined and your plan).

I think that is a better deal to a lot of people on this forum.
    i am pretty sure it was always like that.

you can re-up and get a new phone at promotional price after 10 months on a 1 year contract and after 12 months on a 2 year contract.

i am pretty sure this is how it has been.
    01-31-09 09:30 PM
    i think Jeep was refering to an annual upgrade, but yes that has been in place for a while....
    01-31-09 09:33 PM

Thanks for the Info, sounds pretty LITTER to me!!! VZW is moving in the wrong direction.
    01-31-09 09:36 PM
    I for one do not think the economy has anything to do with it. I think I read someplace that 1 in every 3 households will be 100% wireless with no land line by 2011. For me, yes I will miss the $100 ne2, will it cause me to jump ship, nope.

01-31-09 10:42 PM
    Ok....if y'all are with VZW before 2/15, you have nothing to worry about right now. You're keeping your NE2 as is right now. It's called a grandfather clause.

Verizon is the only US carrier I know of that has a loyalty program like NE2. ATT, Tmo and Sprint all have nothing like it.
    02-01-09 02:46 AM
    Sad day. I work for VzW and I don't like this change. w/e.

when alltel people become available to come over you have a lot of people going to try the storm and other phones bring them back. if i switch now they would give me 25 % discount but i didn't believe the rep. when she said there wouldn't be any ETF if i came now instead of waiting for the company's to be one. if any VZ people can bring me over pm me.
    Are you w/ Alltell now? If you are and you have less than four months on your contract your ETF will be waived w/ them.
    02-01-09 03:17 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD