Okay, so here it goes, this is mainly aimed at VZW reps and CS reps, but anyone who is knowledgable feel free to chime in. But please read the original post thoroughly before posting.

I am currently planning on getting the storm. And im looking to rearrange my plan to suit the needs of my mother and i. Currently we both have America's Best Choice plans or whatever they call it, basically my mom has a plan for i believe its 60 dollars a month and mine is about 80, total 150 a month with taxes.

My mother is currently due for an upgrade, but i am not. She won't be using her NE2, so im gonna snag it and use the NE2 to get the discount for the new and upcoming Storm. After we buy it on her number, and then switch my number to her phone i plan and switch her number back to her old phone.

I then plan to switch to a family share plan with i believe its 700 minutes for 99.99 a month. and because its required to have the blackberry data plan that will be an extra 30 bucks ontop of it.

Now, for my questions and where i am uncertain:

1) When i switch the storm to my number, i have heard some things that it voids the warranty on the phone? is this true?
    2) if your on a family share plan you have to pay 44.99 a month instead of the 29.99 because its on a share plan?
    3) is there a text message package that is tied into the family share plan or do you have to pay extra. Because the website says different things then what i am told in the store by reps.

So i would just like some clarification, because i've walked into different verizon stores and told them exactly what i want and they told me the most id be paying is 130 without taxes.
    11-13-08 03:09 PM
    just buy it on ur number if your so paranoid about voiding the warrenty. they will prob give you the 2 year pricing for it. i just bought a curve in may and they have my account notated to give me 2 year pricing on the strom. and you get the plus fam share plan to get unlimited text.
    11-13-08 05:08 PM
    Hey Mike, how did you get them to do that. If you just talk to them will they let you get the 2 year price. I have a curve which I got in March, but it is messed up and needs replaced, would they let me just get the 2 year price on that instead of replacing it would you think?
    11-13-08 05:25 PM
    NFL, I am on a Family share with 2 berries. You can get the $99.99 plan with 700 minutes and unlimited texting. You would have to pay $29.99 for each berry. So the plan before tax would be like 160.
    11-13-08 05:32 PM
    NFL, I am on a Family share with 2 berries. You can get the $99.99 plan with 700 minutes and unlimited texting. You would have to pay $29.99 for each berry. So the plan before tax would be like 160.
    perfect. thanks!
    11-13-08 05:56 PM
    no, problem at all. Im not sure if you do, but if you get an employee discount you can save more. For example, I get 20% off my primary line and then 22% on both my data plans. So It only cost me 150 after taxes and insurance on both phones.
    11-13-08 06:03 PM
    no, problem at all. Im not sure if you do, but if you get an employee discount you can save more. For example, I get 20% off my primary line and then 22% on both my data plans. So It only cost me 150 after taxes and insurance on both phones.
    yeah no corporate discount for me <----student
    11-13-08 06:04 PM
    well thats to bad. Unless your mom can get a discount then you will have to pay full price. but as long as you get the storm thats all that matters!
    11-13-08 06:12 PM
    its easy. just call and call and call till someone gives you what you want. if you keep calling u will get a rep/csr that will work with u. if you can't just wait a few hours and call again. call 611 and press 0
    11-13-08 07:13 PM
    Thanks, I have tried a few of the online sales people. I know they arent of much help. Probably will start calling next week. Im sure I can find someone nice. How many times did you have to call?
    11-13-08 07:18 PM
    i typically find my in store VZW reps to be more helpful depending on teh situation, it really varies. I like being able to have more control and actually getting the phone when i actually purchase it. instead of calling and ordering then possibly having some surprise in the mail and finding out its the wrong thing
    11-13-08 07:41 PM
    Yeah me too. Its just the telesales people seem to be always more helpful in getting discounts. Like my Pearl which I had for 3 months they were willing to let me upgrade for like $250 for the curve, just because I wanted it.
    11-13-08 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD