I am getting my Storm on Monday/Tuesday. My old phone, the Razr V3c, had the front and main screen busted out. So, I am not able to view anything.

I have tons of numbers in my phone that will be **** getting again. I have looked online, and i see that Verizon offers a Backup App, but I cannot see anything on my screen.

If i take my phone to Verizon, are they able to do it? Mind you, I dont have a working screen. Also, would i have to pay for it, or do they do it for free?
    11-29-08 07:10 PM
    It should be free if you take it to a corporate store. Some indirect stores will charge, some don't (10-15 dollars).

The contacts should be able to be extracted if your phone turns and stays on. Doesn't hurt to try!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 07:14 PM
    Do you know if they can move text messages also?

I have had my phone's screen broken for quite some time and have received many text messages. I would love if I can read them after all this time.
    11-29-08 07:52 PM
    No, texts cannot be transferred. Sorry.

11-29-08 07:54 PM
    No, texts cannot be transferred. Sorry.

thanks.

If i can get my address book transfered, that would help a lot.

Once i get my phone either monday or tuesday, Ill drive to the verizon store across from my house and see if they can transfer my stuff.
    11-29-08 07:58 PM
    Hope it works out for you!

11-29-08 08:00 PM
    it better....

im spending a lot of money along with the 30 bucks per month.

Hey, if all else fails, i will just get a curve or World edition. Which one is better? I think the World Edition was more money last time i checked.
    11-29-08 08:15 PM
    It depends on what you need. The 8330 Curve has a camera. The 8830 does not.

The 8830 is a global phone. The 8330 is not.

i prefer my curve because it's my only camera. i want a global phone but not a touch screen.

11-29-08 08:19 PM
    If it powers, yes it will transfer. My old Alias got crushed by still turned on and it transfered fine to my u620. My storm is coming soon, so I'll be transferring it over to that.

They can transfer pictures/videos, and obviously your contacts.
    11-29-08 08:42 PM
    I am getting my Storm on Monday/Tuesday. My old phone, the Razr V3c, had the front and main screen busted out. So, I am not able to view anything.

I have tons of numbers in my phone that will be **** getting again. I have looked online, and i see that Verizon offers a Backup App, but I cannot see anything on my screen.

If i take my phone to Verizon, are they able to do it? Mind you, I dont have a working screen. Also, would i have to pay for it, or do they do it for free?
    Technically, corporate stores are supposed to charge a $10 phonebook transfer fee, unless you're a VIP customer, but I never do...well, unless the customer is being an a**.
    12-01-08 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD