01-02-14 07:24 PM
3,731 ... 9394959697 ...
tools
    Sounds like a Blackberry to me!! That's exactly why I got the DROID..

So battery is the issue? Could you elaborate and have you tried different batteries?

If you aren't happy with VZW tech support, then feel free to call RIM. They'll love to help you. You'll need a CC handy so they can make you happy.
    Yes different batteries were tried. It took 3 replacements to get 1 phone working correctly until the next OS upgrade came out then back to the battery issue again. Rim knows about the problem and tells vzw to replace the phone its a known issue. Gets kind of tiresome going back and forth with replacements until 1 of them works properly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 09:05 PM
    Wow five relpacements on each line? all for the same reasons?

This is a bit hard to fathom. What apps are you running?
    No additional apps are installed just for testing sake then if the battery works I install the apps back.

11-23-09 09:07 PM
    I have 5 phones on my account in which 2 storms are consistently being replaced each of them at least 5 times since last November. Battery problems with every OS upgrade. Freezing issues and more but mostly battery issues. They refuse to change the model and just keep sending replacements. Thats the story. Its getting tiring and they would rather me go bck to Tmobile instead of trying to make me happy.

The main thing is VZW is pretty strict on its replacement policies, whether or not it makes a customer happy. While there are some exceptions, you're generally gonna have the same phone for at least a year, be it an original or replacements.
    11-23-09 09:07 PM
    No additional apps are installed just for testing sake then if the battery works I install the apps back.

What are the results of this testing? without the apps does the battery last? how long did you test without the apps?
    11-23-09 09:09 PM
    What are the results of this testing? without the apps does the battery last? how long did you test without the apps?
    Without additional aops and no phone usage the battery dies in 5 hours.

11-23-09 09:13 PM
    What's the diff ok its a comment. If vzw doesn't want my 400 a month. That's ok with me I guess.

Which makes complete sense. If people on CB can't fix your problem then cancelling verizon service is clearly a way to get back at the world. You don't need to go off picking fights with people just because you posted in the wrong thread. I'm just trying to help you get to a place where you can get better help. People post in the wrong threads and get redirected all the time. And technically, that was a question, not a comment. If a rep you already talked to told you no, how can you expect a better answer from us? We all work for the same company under the same guidelines.
    11-23-09 09:16 PM
    hyk4evr: Better check yo self fo you wreck yo self fool! lol
    So you're new here. Welcome. Where do you work?
    11-23-09 09:17 PM
    I don't even want a tour. Why would you assume that. I prefer a working storm but I can't get that. So stop talking out of your you know what.

11-23-09 09:17 PM
    Report sent.
    Back to another topic. How's everyone's calls today?
    11-23-09 09:19 PM
    Which makes complete sense. If people on CB can't fix your problem then cancelling verizon service is clearly a way to get back at the world. You don't need to go off picking fights with people just because you posted in the wrong thread. I'm just trying to help you get to a place where you can get better help. People post in the wrong threads and get redirected all the time. And technically, that was a question, not a comment. If a rep you already talked to told you no, how can you expect a better answer from us? We all work for the same company under the same guidelines.
    I wasn't picking a fight I don't k ow you to even think of the type of person you are. All I want to know is why they rather see a customer leave then make them happy and resolve the issue.

11-23-09 09:20 PM
    hyk4evr: Better check yo self fo you wreck yo self fool! lol
    So you're new here. Welcome. Where do you work?
    I prob work in the same area/place as you
    11-23-09 09:23 PM
    Yes different batteries were tried. It took 3 replacements to get 1 phone working correctly until the next OS upgrade came out then back to the battery issue again. Rim knows about the problem and tells vzw to replace the phone its a known issue. Gets kind of tiresome going back and forth with replacements until 1 of them works properly.

James,

There is no "known issue" about the new OS update regarding battery life that I know of...

Could you imagine how many people would have this issue? I know many people who have the new OS update and none of them ever had that issue with a battery dieing within 5 hours with minimal use.

I'm starting to question the true problem here..
    Last edited by tsguy52; 11-23-09 at 09:33 PM.
    11-23-09 09:30 PM
    I prob work in the same area/place as you
    Not another BOISE REP!! AHHHHHH....
    11-23-09 09:32 PM
    If the os upgrade is causing a freezing problem I guess it would be possible that it affected the battery life. But otherwise, I don't think it's the new os. And as you know every time you get a replacement you don't get a new battery, so maybe you need to buy a new battery.
    11-23-09 09:33 PM
    Calm down there, turbo. lol He didn't say where he works.
    11-23-09 09:33 PM
    You must be a Boise rep??
    11-23-09 09:34 PM
    aaronnnnn hi!
    Evenin' Amp
    11-23-09 09:36 PM
    James,

There is no "known issue" about the new OS update regarding battery life that I know of...

Could you imagine how many people would have this issue? I know many people who have the new OS update and none of them ever had that issue with a battery dieing within 5 hours with minimal use.

I'm starting to question the true problem here..
    I know 5 people who have the same problem. Even after a battery replacement same problem. I have another friend who thought his short battery life was normal and he bought a second battery to make it through the day. What a dummy. Lol. Now fter. 3rd replacement mine works but my daughters doesn't. She got stuck at school the other day and couldn't even call me cuase her storm died during the day. This is why I am getting frustrated and vzw just wants to send me her 4th replacement after the latest OS was released. It was replced 2 times before that on the last OS upgrade.

11-23-09 09:56 PM
    You must be a Boise rep??
    Negative...
    11-23-09 09:59 PM
    I know 5 people who have the same problem. Even after a battery replacement same problem. I have another friend who thought his short battery life was normal and he bought a second battery to make it through the day. What a dummy. Lol. Now fter. 3rd replacement mine works but my daughters doesn't. She got stuck at school the other day and couldn't even call me cuase her storm died during the day. This is why I am getting frustrated and vzw just wants to send me her 4th replacement after the latest OS was released. It was replced 2 times before that on the last OS upgrade.

I deal with BB Storms each and every day.. never seen a trend with multiple replacements due to bad battery/phone..
    11-23-09 10:00 PM
    Yeah usually it is issues with ppl not liking the touchscreen, it not responding, etc. etc. Bah I hate touchscreens.
    11-23-09 10:01 PM
    Actually I love my storm except for when an OS update comes out and we start having the battery issues. Other than that and the memory leaks. I wouldn't trade it for any other phone right now.

11-23-09 10:12 PM
    Anyway I don't think I'm getting my question answered so everyone have a good night.

11-23-09 10:16 PM
    Actually I love my storm except for when an OS update comes out and we start having the battery issues. Other than that and the memory leaks. I wouldn't trade it for any other phone right now.

If software is your issue, then don't update your phones...

11-23-09 10:21 PM
    If software is your issue, then don't update your phones...
    That would be the simple solution - but not always practical. if VZW would stop micro-managing the releases, we might not see so many upgrade path issues.
    11-23-09 10:32 PM
3,731 ... 9394959697 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD