01-02-14 07:24 PM
3,731 ... 8485868788 ...
tools
    And btw Aaron, I only meant addicted as in addicted to CB. My post count says so and it wouldn't lie. Unlike Bill Clinton. But thanks for taking it there anyway.
    Oh, no problem at all.
    11-16-09 11:39 PM
    Though I don't know how anyone can expect someone to provide good troubleshooting after they've been drinking, lol.
    I actually think I would be better after a few drinks...
    11-17-09 07:48 AM
    I actually think I would be better after a few drinks...
    I think a lot of things can be good/better after a couple drinks.

morning reps!
    11-17-09 08:00 AM
    IMP broke it
    Yeah it is always my fault .
    11-17-09 10:59 AM
    only two days left til my weekend.
    11-17-09 11:08 AM
    You know better that to ask that - if you've read my words, it is pretty obvious.

I like the Droid phones - just not the Moto Droid. It is poorly designed & does not reflect the potential of the OS. The Eris is decent - I am just not a fan of that trackball. The upcoming Passion should be a winner, unless the size of the screen is an issue.

I also like the upcoming crop of Linux phones - the N900 is the first big example of these devices, but not destined for a CDMA carrier. So we wait.

WM phones - always have been a WM fan because they flatout work. If they don't do what you want, you can modify it to do what you need. The Samsung Omnia was a good phone - its main problem is non-smartphone people were buying them. The Omnia is not an iPhone or BlackBerry. It is more capable than either, but also more complicated. Soccer moms need not apply but, unfortunately, that's who bought a lot of them. Improvements are found in the new HTC phones. I really like the TP2 & have had no problems with it. The Imagio, I am not so enamored with - partly because the TP2's keyboard spoiled me. Samsung Omnia2 & HTC HD2 are killer - the first has an incredible display & both have processors that will knock your socks off.

If Palm would get off their tails & put out decent hardware, they'd have a winner.

The iPhone & BlackBerrys, while not super-smartphones, like the above, are adequate devices for those who don't want to customize their devices. The iPhone wins out because it is a better all-around device & has a far superior browser & the build quality trumps anything RIM has put out for a long time.

I keep hearing people ask about email - BlackBerry gets email better out of the box than anything else out there. Once it has that email, it doesn't do so well.

I look at it this way - if all were on VZW, all smartphone users, whether BlackBerry, WM, Palm, iPhone, Linux or Symbian get hit with a minimum $30/month charge. BlackBerry users with Enterprise needs get charged a required $45, while non-BlackBerry Enterprise users are only required to pay for VZW-assisted Enterprise connectivity (in other words, almost none). So if everyone pays at least the same minimum amount, why would you not want to be able to do everything the other devices can do?

Anyone can now do push email on Android, Linux, iPhone & WM - but you're not forced into it. If the push server goes down, you can still get email, unlike BlackBerry. BlackBerry is crippled when the servers go down. With this in mind, I again challenge anyone to give me anything a BlackBerry can do that another device cannot do. There are hundreds of things you can't do on BlackBerry that can be done on other phones.

With push out of the way, the only thing left limiting you is your own abilities. So why pay the same amount, yet be limited? I get email within 15 seconds, regardless of whether it is a WM, a Droid or a BlackBerry device.

But back to the Droid - don't judge Android by the Moto version. Moto can't do anything well anymore & can wreck a schoolboy's first exciting dream - but at least the quality on the Droid easily beats BlackBerry. Android shows promise & if you want full interactivity with Google, it is your answer. Then again, WM & Linux both have full Google interaction, as well - so whichever one floats your boat.

Don't imply I don't like anything - I have varying degrees of likes & dislikes. I am neutral on Android & negative on Motorola, as well as the inherent BlackBerry limitations.
    I'm not a rep but I read this thread a lot for laughs and information. You say that you can do push email on the Droid... I have 2 gmail accounts, 1 hotmail (school related), and my work email that is on a BES server (I am the admin and can add whatever I need to get Android working without a problem). My question is: how is it done? Push email is the biggest thread keeping me on the BB bandwagon. You can PM me or whatever. I'd like the intput. I see you everywhere on here
    11-17-09 12:05 PM
    Annnd it's Tuesday... nice that it is slow but someone should pull a fire alarm just to spice things up or something lol *looks over in Imp's general direction*
    11-17-09 03:33 PM
    dont look at me for that one. I dont need to get into more trouble. I get in trouble as it is just for posting in here durring work... however.... *rolls slowly towards fire alarm*
    11-17-09 03:37 PM
    Annnd it's Tuesday... nice that it is slow but someone should pull a fire alarm just to spice things up or something lol *looks over in Imp's general direction*
    I agree, IMP were are you
    11-17-09 03:37 PM
    right friggin next to you a-hole lol. there isn't a fire alarm around us anyway.
    11-17-09 03:42 PM
    right friggin next to you a-hole lol. there isn't a fire alarm around us anyway.
    lol, well said, and damn it there should be. *Unnamed Company* is a dangerous workplace lol
    Last edited by AaronWasHere; 11-17-09 at 04:09 PM.
    11-17-09 03:43 PM
    In fact I have never seen a fire alarm in here.
    11-17-09 03:46 PM
    Ewww... Alltel queue...
    11-17-09 04:06 PM
    I love me some alltel.
    11-17-09 04:11 PM
    Incoming "Do I mash dis green button or dis red one?" calls
    11-17-09 04:16 PM
    um num num mash mash um num num, sounds like a pig eating
    11-17-09 04:25 PM
    Incoming "Do I mash dis green button or dis red one?" calls
    "Nah, you mash down on deh blew one."
    11-17-09 04:26 PM
    We just had a firedrill funny you should meantion dat ya kno?
    11-17-09 04:29 PM
    In fact I have never seen a fire alarm in here.
    That is correct. No fire alarms and no fire drills. I'm telling you they want us all to burn in a firey blaze. Then they can cash in on the insurance. Bwahahahaha
    11-17-09 04:31 PM
    We just had a firedrill funny you should meantion dat ya kno?
    WDS is too scared it would lose money by taking us off the phones. As CN said they would rather have us all die in a firey explosion, blame in on some freak accident, then collect insurence lol.
    11-17-09 04:37 PM
    That is correct. No fire alarms and no fire drills. I'm telling you they want us all to burn in a firey blaze. Then they can cash in on the insurance. Bwahahahaha
    however there are a few extinguishers
    11-17-09 04:38 PM
    WDS is too scared it would lose money by taking us off the phones. As CN said they would rather have us all die in a firey explosion, blame in on some freak accident, then collect insurence lol.
    I think I have even been a part of the mall having a fire drill LOL, I know BSU does drills and my other school did too
    11-17-09 04:52 PM
    Do firedrills really do anything anyways? I mean really. If there was a fire in the center you think people would peacefully walk to their designated areas? No.

Also, I was in the process of transfering to another rep and I was like, "I gotta end the call, the fire alarm is going off." and hes like, "Wait, hold on." I go, "I don't think you get it, the FIRE ALARM is going off. Goodbye." Then I introduced the customer with the fire alarm sounding in the background.

Pro customer service, even under stress.
    11-17-09 04:57 PM
    pfft who cares about customer service.
    11-17-09 05:01 PM
    I do, so does Verizon -_-
    11-17-09 05:02 PM
3,731 ... 8485868788 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD