01-02-14 08:24 PM
3,731 ... 4445464748 ...
tools
    Switching topics...

The Droid Eris has the same date on it as the Moto Droid....

Debating...

The Moto Droid is eating up everyone in the work place... Verizon does a good job of turning their employees into pigeons...

Tho I still like the phone... I might even have to try it out...
    Have you guys received training on it? I've played with both phones and the Eris is a lot more user friendly with the UI, but the Moto Droid gives you the rugged power that you can still customize.

Eris = cheaper model for consumers.. no cam flash, no Android 2.0, no QWERTY.. But the HTC Sense UI is amazing on this phone.. Nicer touch screen compared to the Moto..

Moto Droid = powerful and ready to customize for the techie crowd.. Geared for the business user with the exchange integration.. Android 2.0.. device has a solid feel to it.. Oh and Google Navigation..
    Last edited by tsguy52; 10-31-09 at 02:18 AM.
    10-31-09 02:09 AM
    Training is this week and next...

I personally have had a decent amount of hands on time with the Moto since I'm helping with some of the training...

The HTC... I actually haven't gotten to handle yet... The HTC Sense looks really good, but at the same time the specs really pedestrian compared to the Moto. The 1.5 already seems so dated (though I know it will update to 2.0), and the screen res can't really compare to the Moto....

I'll probably get the Moto along with the rest of them, let the Eris slide, but if that new "Passion," device comes out... I would be willing to jump....
    10-31-09 03:00 AM
    R you kidding we havent gotten training on the S2 or the OS5.0 s/w.
    I had to dig the trainings out of vzlearn myself. And they werent much help.
    Thank goodness for hyprid OS downloads. I put it on my curve again last night so that I would have SOMETHING to compare to in real life. Not just an emulator.
    10-31-09 08:13 AM
    Okay all you Internal boys you!!!!
    LISTEN UP!

Here is an example of what a Boise rep can do!

STORY: Customer is part of affiliate company of Verizon called San Diego Wireless.
    Gets told by them that it would be better to become a full member of vzw.
    So 2months ago she changes. She brings her blackberry with her as its a vzw branded device anyway.
    After appx 1mo all of a sudden she doesnt get email; data; bes.
    She calls in; the INTERNAL rep checks MTAS, relay, BIS, trys to create a BIS. Registers phone HRT and OTA's ect ect ect.
    no go...
    Customer calls back a week later still experiancing issue.
    Another internal rep Soft reset; checked all above things again...
    recommend customer calls RIM.
    Customer calls back stating cant afford to call RIM herself..
    Internal rep escalates to RIM.
    They say that its not their issue its provisioning and we need to "escalate" it.
    SO... here is when I get it.
    Taking a look; provisioning is good. $44.99 plan BB Curve ect.
    Checked relay; its there but sorta not.
    RHT goes through... no registration. Keeps saying that its with anther carrier please perform HRT to resolve on the BIS website.
    kay...
    ESN refresh to dummy GIN device to also refresh the features.
    no go.
    *please note customer can make calls and sms no issue*
    Finally after reading and re-reading the issue notes... And hearing the customer tell me about San Diego Wireless. I got their number from her and called them myself. I figure it would be as easy as deleting a bis acct out of their admin right?
    Easier...
    I cant believe almighty internal... ( or myself ) didnt think of it right away...
    All I had to do is go into the manual programming screen and change the Blackberry Registration ID from 18 to 2004
    As soon as the phone reset and we did an HRT. Was able to create a vzw BIS... add emails and get flying data.
    RESOLVED!!!!!
    Only took a couple outbound calls; initiative and determination not to fail.

GO ME
    10-31-09 09:45 AM
    Awesome. Good job

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 04:53 PM
    Happy Halloween to all my cool *beep* reps!
    10-31-09 08:26 PM
    Same to you - BOO
    10-31-09 08:28 PM
    Same think, raid. So happy I have to work *mutter*

10-31-09 09:39 PM
    Same think, raid. So happy I have to work *mutter*

Better you than me
    10-31-09 09:40 PM
    Yeah I'm sure it is. Apparently people can't think of better things to do on halloween than bother me.

10-31-09 09:55 PM
    Yea, I can hear it now. YOU got peanut butter in my Blackberry.
    10-31-09 09:57 PM
    LOL right?

10-31-09 10:10 PM
    lol yes, Guess you do not remember the old Reeses Peanut butter Cup Commercials. Sheesh I am getting old.
    10-31-09 10:15 PM
    I prolly would if I saw one, but I really don't watch TV

10-31-09 10:31 PM
    Welcome to another day! At least we get an extra hour of sleep. Although I dont feel that much more rested.
    11-01-09 08:03 AM
    Wow. Did anyone else have a really AWESOME night last night ? I had such a great night that I think I'm still enjoying it. lol. I should've taken today off... I have a headache.
    11-01-09 04:53 PM
    LMAO...
    nice sarcasm. My day was SO great I had to take a mood elevator.
    If ONE more person calls to tell me how 5.0 screwed up their phone I swear I'll jump through the phone and strangle someone.
    OH and btw... no FRUs for storms... they're all out getting 5.0 put on em.
    11-02-09 08:03 AM
    Wow. Did anyone else have a really AWESOME night last night ? I had such a great night that I think I'm still enjoying it. lol. I should've taken today off... I have a headache.
    I did take sunday off. I was still pretty drunk when I woke up lol.
    11-02-09 12:11 PM
    BS is right. Last night during OT I had this guy who had a laundry list of like 10 things he said was wrong with his new OS update and said "You will stay on this phone with me and resolve all the issues if it takes all night"
    The guy has a company called ringageek.com (mobile IT) or something like that. and he couldnt figure out a stupid OS update!?
    trans to internal...............lolol
    11-02-09 12:34 PM
    I hate Monday.
    11-02-09 12:46 PM
    Yea it really is haha, cant wait for my first bricked device!
    I am on my 5th bricked phn, why cant people follow directions....
    11-02-09 12:47 PM
    I love when someone says they were upgrading and their phone bricks.... and they didn't backup but they're like well its gotta be on your side somewhere...
    Yeah we store Millions of peoples' information just for s's and g's
    11-02-09 12:54 PM
    Of course we do. Plus we should auto backup to backup assistant and have that compatible w/ blackberrys dontcha know.
    11-02-09 12:58 PM
    Of course we do. Plus we should auto backup to backup assistant and have that compatible w/ blackberrys dontcha know.
    LOL so true. I hate people that can't figure stuff out like this if its not compatible why the **** are you downloading it!
    *CLICK*
    11-02-09 01:01 PM
    I hate when people wipe their device on "accident" without EVER doing a backup. Then it is OUR fault that they lost all of their info, cus we never told them not to wipe their phone.

I wanted to kick that guy in the teeth...
    11-02-09 02:02 PM
3,731 ... 4445464748 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD