I don't know, but I've never been unemployed this long.

Sad part is I had gotten a perfect CSTS and FCR. good news is Texas Workforce Commission pays me unemployment, they determined VZW's ran by relatively untrained monkeys so they fired me for incorrect reasons.
    05-17-10 12:49 PM
    But why would getting fired keep you from getting another job? Are you telling your potential employers that you got fired and why?
    05-17-10 01:00 PM
    I had a rep one day that told me if I signed a new 2 year contract my calls would stop dropping....LOL

Funny thing is my storm 2 is not that old of a phone
    05-17-10 05:00 PM
    6 months now.. still no job. Thanks for making me untouchable, vzw
    06-15-10 01:51 AM
    But why would getting fired keep you from getting another job? Are you telling your potential employers that you got fired and why?
    Of course I'm not telling them I got fired. I'm not stupid, you know. Honestly, what VZW "fired" me for was bogus anyway. TWC did their own investigation and found me to be NOT at fault, which is why I've received unemployment. That's fixing to expire, however, now I'm almost screwed. I'm pretty sure VZW is blackballing me.
    06-15-10 01:52 AM
    So you think VZW is giving you crappy references? Maybe your resume needs revamping...
    06-15-10 01:14 PM
    My resume's actually professionally done. It's also gotten me every interview I've ever had. I ran it through a program I found somewhere to judge it and I got an A for it. So it's not the resume that's the problem, nor is it the amount and type of work experience. It can only be VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 04:46 AM
    Kind of a late responce but I have the same issue, Darth. I never had a problem finding a job until after I worked for VZW. Now I can't even get a barteding job let alone another call center job.

07-16-10 10:50 PM
    Imp! Your still around!

07-16-10 11:35 PM
    Haha yeah I lurk now. It is hard to help people when I don't have the inside scoop. Not to mention the fact that by the time I get to a question that I can answer, you people have already answered it. I am gonna start getting on a lot more though. Seeing as I don't have anything else to do anymore.

07-17-10 01:50 AM
    Last I talked to you (in the BBM Group) you were trying to get into bartending? How's that going?
    07-17-10 02:06 AM
    Not great. I have my bartending lisence but nobody is hireing right now. I am doing a few catering gigs here and there but they don't pay very well.

07-17-10 01:28 PM
    This thread IS still ALIVE!!!!!!!!
    07-17-10 04:49 PM
    I know crazy huh. This thread feels like home lol.

07-18-10 03:50 AM
    Not great. I have my bartending lisence but nobody is hireing right now. I am doing a few catering gigs here and there but they don't pay very well.

That sucks man. Good luck with that. And welcome back.
    07-18-10 10:42 AM
    Damn it, I was hoping that we had breathed some life into this thread again. We need to bring the whole Btown crew out of hiding and ge them in hear again lol.

07-22-10 12:06 AM
    My resume's actually professionally done. It's also gotten me every interview I've ever had. I ran it through a program I found somewhere to judge it and I got an A for it. So it's not the resume that's the problem, nor is it the amount and type of work experience. It can only be VZW.
    Pretty sure its ILLEGAL for a company to talk bad about an employee that will prevent them from getting any job.... Unless of course you were late all the time and or absent from work multiple times or did something illegal etc.
    07-22-10 09:49 AM
    It is not illegal for a company to blacklist a former employee if they feel they have reason enough. It is also not illegal for a former employer to speak badly about you when they are on your resume as a reference.

07-22-10 02:27 PM
    Maybe its an Illinois thing... I would think its everywhere, but maybe not.

Here it is illegal to say something that will prevent a candidate from getting a job. Not saying it doesn't happen, and many people dont know.
    07-23-10 09:50 AM
    Maybe its an Illinois thing... I would think its everywhere, but maybe not.

Here it is illegal to say something that will prevent a candidate from getting a job. Not saying it doesn't happen, and many people dont know.
    It's illegal to give certain specific bits of information. They can say your employment dates, position title, and whether or not you're eligible for rehire. They cannot give details on why you're ineligible for rehire, or give personal observations like "didn't try" or wasn't very good". Not to say all employers follow those rules, but that's legally what they can and cannot say
    10-11-10 03:15 AM
    I like this one forums.crackberry.com..!
    05-30-11 03:19 AM
    It is time.
    06-03-11 03:38 AM
    Can you SMELL what the R.O.C. is cooking!
    06-03-11 09:36 AM
    Ha Ha
    Awesome idea?
    So speaking of bad coffee, how was it that removing swiss miss hot chocolate cheaper than keeping coffee? Maybe they can upgrade the brand? Last time I checked, there was no brand name, it just said coffee!
    06-05-11 09:12 PM
    Whats worse CS or TS? I've done both and I prefer TS ut that could be the geek in me talking
    06-05-11 11:18 PM
3,731 ... 147148149150
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD