If it is blocked because it is not supported by the CLIENT, then it would be the same at all call centers and stores. I assure you it is not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 03:56 PM
    You're entitled to your opinion.
    02-03-10 04:03 PM
    Different callcenters (with different vendor managers) may have different mandates.

Look at it this way:

Lets say a customer calls in and is directed to Crackberry.com by the rep they speak with. The customer then downloads an application which causes issues on their Blackberry. Because a Verizon representative encouraged the customer to find the solution here, and the 'solution' caused issues for the customer's device, Verizon inherits some responsibility for the damage to the device. It would be similar to the responsibility incurred if an agent started leading a customer through editing the registry on their PC and the PC became unusable as a result. The liability outweighs the potential benefit.
    Actually I don't work for a vendor. I use systems that are managed by corporate. Crackberry is not blocked.

First of all: You guys in Boise have a lot of work to do about the reps that you hire and how you train them. We have received many transfers from you guys setting expectations for customers that cannot be fulfilled by policy. Your logins for Remedy and other systems almost never work and your supervisors do not take a roll in providing support for the reps. They say "just transfer to internal". May want to take a look at that before rattling off rare situations that may arise.

As for your example: realize that your employees are not at work 24/7. They can go home and read Crackberry posts or simply use their cell phones outside the work place. Blocking a very popular site at the workplace is not going to keep your reps from giving customers information regarding Crackberry. You will have to enforce this a different way through QA and monitoring of those who seem to refer CB as a solution.

The point of CB in our environment is to provide support to reps. Not to refer the customer to the site for further support. If we can find a legitimate solution through these forums, then that's a good thing and benefits the customer. It is much better than sitting there like a robot following through some troubleshooting guides that may not pertain to the situation for an hour. Of course that's what I hear when I receive a warm transfer from some of your reps who follow the "mandates". And the feedback is not good when the customer gets on the line.

NOTE: above comments are not directed to any WDS employee who posts here and not to anyone specifically. There are some good reps and it seems as if they are jumping ship as fast as the clueless ones are coming aboard.
    02-03-10 04:25 PM
    You're entitled to your opinion.
    By the way - what are you even doing on here? I'm sure your company would love to see how you're dealing with HR by posting on a public forum.
    02-03-10 04:28 PM
    By the way - what are you even doing on here? I'm sure your company would love to see how you're dealing with HR by posting on a public forum.
    I chose to post to correct a misinterpretation of the decision to block Crackberry. I'm uncertain how that relates to HR. Since it appears to be a concern, I'll make this my last post in the thread.

If you feel that any of my posts were inappropriate, feel free to take it up with me via PM.
    Last edited by mjmcmahon67; 02-03-10 at 04:49 PM.
    02-03-10 04:46 PM
    I chose to post to correct a misinterpretation of the decision to block Crackberry. I'm uncertain how that relates to HR. If you feel that any of my posts were inappropriate, feel free to take it up with me via PM.
    I would suggest communicating the reasoning behind blocking a site to your employees in a business setting - not on a public forum. If nothing else just PM the people who are making the posts. It just makes everything look bad when you have management going to this level to correct the record in a setting that includes mostly customers. Maybe HR was a bad term to use - how about company policy?

You don't see VZW publicly posting corrections to supposed misinterpretations by VZW employees or customers.
    02-03-10 04:57 PM
    For the record, if I refer a customer to crackberry, it is with the understanding that any software they find there is at their own risk. It is also usually with the understanding that they were asking about 3rd party software and solutions in the first place...

If it's not something VZW can realistically support (such as 3rd party options) then the best solution is to point out other places they may find reliable information. This may include, but is not limited to, the manufacturer, computer shops, or yes, a forum, where they can talk to other users and see what wisdom they have to impart on the matter.
    02-03-10 05:43 PM
    TS, I would hug you... But that would be a little bit, uh yeah. Anyway, how was everyones weekend? Anything spectacular?

Last edited by IMP42; 02-03-10 at 06:11 PM.
    02-03-10 05:46 PM
    abso-freakin-beautifull ts!!!! much applause!

i agree with everything you stated, and you put it so much more eloquently than i ever could. I am of the opinion that the site was blocked to stop the whining about the shift bid that was announced today. I believe that company x thinks that by restricting access to this forum they can silence us.

This is a silly thought, as it just stirs more angst against the company, and removes a verry powerfull resource at the same time.
    02-03-10 07:25 PM
    Is there a BB registration outage right now?
    02-03-10 07:29 PM
    There is a section called ask a VZW rep, try asking there. There is also a section devoted to outages...

02-03-10 08:57 PM
    We should make a BBM group for the people in this thread. It would be interesting.

02-03-10 09:38 PM
    Hear hear IMP I'd join...
    Oh and TS...

COWABUNGA!!!

*splash**

02-03-10 10:08 PM
    Now, on a different note..
    First they block most of the net... Then they tell us we can't crochet,read, color, knit, crossword puzzles, ect.
    CB was all we had left to bide the first part of the morning. I don't generally get my first call until almost 8a and my shift starts at 6a.
    "Reading infomanager" makes a person insane. Its like watching the stock ticker... Some people like it and it is informational but the majority of people hate looking at it because its boooooooooring.
    They don't want us to sound like zombies and robots but the lack of mental stimulation between calls makes us feel like we're zombies... but with no brains to eat because they've been turned to moosh with boredom.
    Saturday could NOT get here sooner.

02-03-10 10:17 PM
    Going to work at Company "X" literally started to get physically pain full. Not to mention the constant migraines the computers and lighting gave me. I had to start carrying an economy size Tylenol bottle and wearing my sunglasses at all times.

02-03-10 10:43 PM
    Really? Just tylenol? I had to re establish my addiction to narcotics. Vicodin mostly...
    And I was fairly insame when I started working here... Now its clincally documented.. And covered by insurance.

02-03-10 10:59 PM
    Lmao. I turned to excendrine for my last week. I wish I had a perscription for vicodin. I did have hydrocodone for my first week, but that was for three broken ribs.

02-03-10 11:04 PM
    Good times...
    Might turn to soma this week.. Drooling on the computer would be awsome

02-03-10 11:06 PM
    Haha indeed. Oh BTW whomever is interested in the BBM group send me a PM and we can get it started.

02-03-10 11:13 PM
    My friends Boise can contact me via PM I have a couple of suggestions for you regarding your firewall. I'm a pro at getting around the one at my office.
    02-03-10 11:27 PM
    Imp I'm down

02-03-10 11:49 PM
    Now, on a different note..
    First they block most of the net... Then they tell us we can't crochet,read, color, knit, crossword puzzles, ect.
    CB was all we had left to bide the first part of the morning. I don't generally get my first call until almost 8a and my shift starts at 6a.
    "Reading infomanager" makes a person insane. Its like watching the stock ticker... Some people like it and it is informational but the majority of people hate looking at it because its boooooooooring.
    They don't want us to sound like zombies and robots but the lack of mental stimulation between calls makes us feel like we're zombies... but with no brains to eat because they've been turned to moosh with boredom.
    Saturday could NOT get here sooner.

I feel your pain and even with the internet time between calls is so boring. Not to mention infomanager is basically just a front page with no navigation - we are forced to use doorways!

02-04-10 01:05 AM
    I got docked points on a few QAs because I had links to the tools I needed in my browser favorites so that I could get to them quickly. I would have had 80s on the calls.

Last edited by IMP42; 02-04-10 at 01:52 AM.
    02-04-10 01:49 AM
    Boy they blocked it good.
    McMahan didn't even use Baracuda he plain just blocked the ip.
    God I'm bored.

02-04-10 09:48 AM
    Damn, he sure was determined to keep people from getting on at work. However, then he gets on from work to make sure I don't think Company "X" is torturing people. *They are BTW*

02-04-10 11:34 AM
3,731 ... 137138139140141 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD