There is a big difference with employment with VZW and with WDS....we don't have seat Nazi's, pay-cuts and bully management. It sucks that that was what you guys had to deal with but none of that here.
    Agreed .
    01-15-10 11:58 AM
    Hey BB adicts out there. Can any of the Verizon crew explain the new streamlied pricing plans to us?
    There is a thread called ask a VZW rep. I believe it is the first thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 12:01 PM
    Here it is:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ask-vzw-rep-74197/

01-15-10 12:02 PM
    Sooo what are you all planning to do with your weekend?

Last edited by IMP42; 01-15-10 at 07:44 PM.
    01-15-10 06:37 PM
    There are a lot of people here who still deal with the BS at Company X. There is no past tense about it unfortunately. I am the only one to escape the clutches of **** itself (whether it was voluntary or not).
    So far.... But remember that Heather is also in the process of jumping ship. Lucky sob. Both of you.

Sooo what are you all planning to do with your weekend?
    My weekend pretty much consisted of video games, alcohol, a guitar, a cat, and a slightly black eye. It's best not to ask... lol
    01-17-10 06:15 PM
    Wow that is almost exactly how my weekend was. Except for the cat and I saw Avatar. Also I don't have a black eye, just a large bruise on my side and a bloody nose.

01-18-10 02:57 AM
    There are a lot of people here who still deal with the BS at Company X. There is no past tense about it unfortunately. I am the only one to escape the clutches of **** itself (whether it was voluntary or not).

Hey, I'm currently using a spork from the breakroom to pry open my shackles and escape this place... Should have it all pryed open by... oh say FEB 6th...

Yes that means I am not a felon or a drug addict so they decided that I was hirable and officially offered me the job.
    Start on Feb 15th but figured a nice week long vacation was in order... MUA HAHAHAHA!
    01-18-10 08:32 AM
    Hey, I'm currently using a spork from the breakroom to pry open my shackles and escape this place... Should have it all pryed open by... oh say FEB 6th...

Yes that means I am not a felon or a drug addict so they decided that I was hirable and officially offered me the job.
    Start on Feb 15th but figured a nice week long vacation was in order... MUA HAHAHAHA!
    Congrats and goodluck to you!
    01-18-10 10:00 AM

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am very happy for you, you made the great escape.
    01-18-10 10:09 AM
    *takes a bow*
    Thank yoooooou Thank yooooou...
    and now for my next trick!...
    01-18-10 10:31 AM
    My weekend pretty much consisted of video games, alcohol, a guitar, a cat, and a slightly black eye. It's best not to ask... lol
    But what if we want to? lol

Wow that is almost exactly how my weekend was. Except for the cat and I saw Avatar. Also I don't have a black eye, just a large bruise on my side and a bloody nose.
    Dude, what the ****? lol IMP goes on a rampage! Also, I need to see Avatar again. That movie was crazy in 3d

*takes a bow*
    Thank yoooooou Thank yooooou...
    and now for my next trick!...
    You gonna play Houdini and vanish?
    Last edited by AaronWasHere; 01-18-10 at 04:11 PM.
    01-18-10 04:05 PM
    *poof* there goes the connect plan!
    01-18-10 04:16 PM
    So this weekend, I was minding my own buisness and than proceeded to get ambushed by Nerf guns by roommate's kids ... It was quite chaotic to be honest, all those little tiny plastic darts flying everywhere, it would've given me war flashbacks had i experienced that kind of thing... Soooo, I decided to retaliate the best way possible, I went to Target and found my own Nerf gun of Doom (20 rounds in 4 seconds for $20? Heck yeah! )

I get home and am very unassuming about the whole thing and give them time to gloat in their victory until my counterattack about made those kids crap their pants as they retreated to get their own guns... good times

So maybe my weekend wasn't as cool as Imp's and CN's, but hey, there were highlights
    Annnd of course, in true Nerf fashion, I think I have lost 2 darts already. But ammo is cheap
    01-18-10 04:35 PM

!
    Spork ftw
    01-18-10 04:37 PM
    Sweetcheeks- OOh and are you the one who went *poof* and there goes the multiexchange program? Because that would be awesome and I would need to find you and give you a high five!!

Aaron- I sent you an email about what happened. But for the rest of you.. I was heavily inebriated and was playing video games with a few friends and decided to go to my room to get out my guitar and play. Upon coming out of the room my kitten ran under my legs like a mini torpedo. I attempted to not step on her causing me to trip over my own two feet. While falling I tried not to break my guitar and ended up smashing my eye socket on the corner of my kitchen counter. I was told it looked very graceful, but man it didn't feel like it. lol

Imp- I feel your pain, my friend. So what happened to you?
    01-18-10 04:37 PM
    Man, for a Monday, it sure is slow today for SL. Usually Mondays are PACKED with calls. makes me a sad panda
    01-18-10 04:38 PM
    Ugh I hear you there. I worked there for 9 months ans sales were almost all that mattered. I'm not really much of a sales person myself. It's a decent job with better people than here and they (used to at least) give good bonuses for sales.
    Totally. I loved the $11.00/hr for the most part before I didn't make the cut, but I just can't pressure people into making those sales. I did make some, but not X amount they wanted you too.. esp in this day and age. But you win some you lose some.. thats why Sales Jobs esp at Qwest is such a high turn over. I really wished I was able to get into the Tech side of things for the DSL.
    01-18-10 04:42 PM
    I'll just be happy to have my own seat that I don't have to SHARE!

So you quit WDS? Good luck though with Qwest, esp if it's the "sales position". it's hard and they're really rough/mistreat you sometimes. The supervisors there are not much more, if not cruel at times, although I did like a few of the sups.

If your trainer is Lance M., tell him I said hello (Christi). He was my trainer, and a dang good trainer at that - he's funny and makes the 13 weeks of training worth wild

The only thing I didn't like abotu Qwest was the elevators.. They were different at most, but sometimes 2 out of 6 or 3 out of 6 of them will get stuck, and I for one HATE elevators. I like freak out.

However, I think it was Every Tuesday and Thursdays there is $.50 popcorn bags... on the ground floor from the elevator in the bookshop
    01-18-10 04:44 PM
    Man, for a Monday, it sure is slow today for SL. Usually Mondays are PACKED with calls. makes me a sad panda
    Wow. Are you saying you don't like slow days? And did you hit your head this weekend too? Haha. I like days that start off really slow, have about 5 min between calls for most of the day and end with no calls after 9p. That's an ideal call flow for me. So how long have you been at wds?
    01-18-10 04:46 PM
    Wow. Are you saying you don't like slow days? And did you hit your head this weekend too? Haha. I like days that start off really slow, have about 5 min between calls for most of the day and end with no calls after 9p. That's an ideal call flow for me. So how long have you been at wds?
    I do LOVE slow days, but today is my friday, and I want it to end soon... so I can go home and play WoW

I haven't taken a call in two hours total. I went on break at 1:30-1:45 and still haven't taken a call, but the guy next to me has taken 10 calls +/-. haha. Where are you at in the building?

I started here in July... So almost 6 months. I LOVE it here. There are days where I just hate my job. I just can't understand why people over the phone feel the need to be ignornant or abusive to get what they want, or think talking down at someone over the phone is awesome... I just wonder if that's how they talk to people in person... lol
    01-18-10 04:56 PM
    I for one think this may be the worst job I've ever had. I've been working here a year. After about 3 months of hating it so much I really didn'nt care if I got fired I realized that until the economy perks up this is probably the best I'll get. So I've been trying really hard the past few weeks to "look at the bright side" as they say. I get a paycheck so I guess I can't complain too much.
    Well I've also done tech in-store too and I can tell you that a lesser number of people are rude, pushy, ignorant, or talk down to you. But there are always those people.
    Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; 01-18-10 at 05:08 PM.
    01-18-10 05:03 PM
    Oh yeah. But I also like dealing with people in person, too. Phones are nice though.
    HEY! check your PM, Numb :P
    01-18-10 05:10 PM
    LOL wow, Been here since 130 MST... I have taken exactly 1 phone call... Good times had by all
    01-18-10 07:14 PM
    Yeah, I've taken 8 calls ... been here since 11:45AM MST.
    I hate it this slow, though. I do love helping people, so it sucks not doing anything.
    01-18-10 07:22 PM
    Imp- I feel your pain, my friend. So what happened to you?
    It wasn't quite as graceful as yours. I was in Marsing this weekend working on my truck (BTW does anyone have a Dodge engine for sale?). My son gave my the bloody nose while throwing a fit, the back of his head VS. my nose = blood. A bull gave me the bruise when he swung his big *** head around, I caught a horn in the side. Thank god he is young and his horns are still small and didn't do as much damage as he could have.

Last edited by IMP42; 01-19-10 at 12:07 PM.
    01-19-10 12:01 PM
3,731 ... 125126127128129 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD