01-02-14 07:24 PM
3,731 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Still mad about the VIP thing?
    Um no - I was mad about the shoddy treatment. I call VZW CC/CS very rarely - usually in helping someone else get a problem fixed.

The majority of the time, when they ask if all my questions, issues, etc. were resolved, I honestly have to answer in a rather frustrated "NO"

But that is because I only call for difficult issues. A simple shot to the accounts team fixes billing & my guys here can do phones better than any VZW rep can on the phone.

So, as I said - I take them out of their comfortable little box & they choke in ignorance. Some try really hard to help, but many simply revert to their call-sequencing & mediocre training. And, as I have said before - the reps usually know more than the managers. How they do this is a partial mystery, but asking for a VZW manager because a rep can't or won't fix your problem is an exercise in futility. If the rep doesn't do it for you, call back & get another. Just always be nicer than the rep.

If you're judging off my call sequencing in here -- don't.
    Actually, I have found those highly entertaining. What I was referring to was the live call sequencing on the phone. We tried that back in the early 90's @ AT&T and watched employee morale drop & Sprint roll right past to become top rated for customer service. AT&T returned to number one in customer service when the company told the CWA to pound sand & returned to a model of greater employee empowerment.

The concept was invented by the unions as a way to make all employees equal & had nothing to do with servicing the customer.

And hey 'Bum? Get off your paranoid soapbox. The ONLY times I have ever referred to you was made clear in the posts. If you have to assume that I am speaking about you or you try to read between the lines & try to make it about you, then you're 110% wrong.

To think I am picking on you is about as silly as the dummies saying Joe Wilson's YOU LIE comment was racially motivated.

I have never once initiated an attack on you & have defended you on many occasions. But if you really want to flatter yourself by thinking I am covertly attacking you & you want to play a game that I am not playing, I will be more than happy to switch gears, chew you up & spit you out. I don't want to do that, mind you - but hey - you should know by now that I play for keeps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 12:32 PM
    In the West queue today... at least Im getting blackberrys all day and not GIN phones. blech!
    09-17-09 02:37 PM
    LOL I've had a few stores call me for frus of basic handsets lately... Checked their inventory while talking to them and told them to do it

09-17-09 03:40 PM
    In the West queue today... at least Im getting blackberrys all day and not GIN phones. blech!
    bah lucky you i get the special alltel queue... "yes sir go ahead and mash that button"
    Last edited by AaronWasHere; 09-17-09 at 03:54 PM.
    09-17-09 03:44 PM
    LMAO... I haven't heard "mash the splat key" since I did tech to prepay last year!!!
    Golly I think I lost IQ points doing that.

09-17-09 04:14 PM
    I remember those days... they made me sad
    09-17-09 04:24 PM
    Actually, I have found those highly entertaining. What I was referring to was the live call sequencing on the phone. We tried that back in the early 90's @ AT&T and watched employee morale drop & Sprint roll right past to become top rated for customer service. AT&T returned to number one in customer service when the company told the CWA to pound sand & returned to a model of greater employee empowerment.

The concept was invented by the unions as a way to make all employees equal & had nothing to do with servicing the customer.

And hey 'Bum? Get off your paranoid soapbox. The ONLY times I have ever referred to you was made clear in the posts. If you have to assume that I am speaking about you or you try to read between the lines & try to make it about you, then you're 110% wrong.

To think I am picking on you is about as silly as the dummies saying Joe Wilson's YOU LIE comment was racially motivated.

I have never once initiated an attack on you & have defended you on many occasions. But if you really want to flatter yourself by thinking I am covertly attacking you & you want to play a game that I am not playing, I will be more than happy to switch gears, chew you up & spit you out. I don't want to do that, mind you - but hey - you should know by now that I play for keeps.

Geeze, I didn't think that at all. I was just saying my CS is satirical in nature.. not serious.
    09-17-09 07:13 PM
    Geeze, I didn't think that at all. I was just saying my CS is satirical in nature.. not serious.
    I understood the satirical intent of those posts - and even figured you were making fun of the process.

I don't satirize stupidity - and forcing you to work through that process is only a way to make you all sound alike. Collective stupidity, if you will. You can take brilliant individuals, make them act like everyone else & what do you have? At best, collective mediocrity in performance & collective stupidity in tone, at worst.

Robots sound better.

But I cannot go anywhere & be concerned about every little thing someone may have said, done or thought before I speak my mind. Most of the time, I am not thinking of anyone in particular. In this case, I didn't think of you or your satirical posts when I wrote what I did - the only thing I had in mind was the abysmal treatment levied on my friend and, by extension, me.

If I threw out any semblance of truth to salve everyones' feelings, I'd be sitting here trumpeting BlackBerrys as great devices, instead of the mediocre devices they are.

Unless your name is David, Kim, Patricia, Roger or Laquisha, I wasn't thinking of you at all in my rant.

Yesterday, I experienced some gallant attempts to stay true to that call sequencing. Since I used to be forced to teach it, I am very adept at taking people out of it. Since I know the motive for requiring it - making everyone sound the same, disregarding anyone's strengths & talents - I find it loathesome. Regardless, the results were bad & the reps failed. And a couple should be terminated.

09-17-09 08:00 PM
    And - before you come back with another call of not being serious, look up. You quoted my words, then told me "don't."

You added yourself to my rant. You can extract yourself from it.

09-17-09 08:24 PM
    I know I'm jinxing myself... but...
    been available for almost 2hrs with NO CALLS! YAY!
    09-18-09 08:41 AM
    That must be nice. We get up 60 available sometimes and it translates to 2-3 minutes available

09-18-09 02:05 PM
    Seriously? 2 Hours?
    09-19-09 02:21 AM
    Well not today. Im taking Alltel "uptraining" today and tomorrow...
    seriously bullet in the brainpan!

not to mention I was at the bar till 1a last night and got up and was here by 6a. I'm so ready for a nap!
    09-19-09 08:38 AM
    We're in the queue today. Again. This is burning me out hard. Why can't we release a device that works?

09-19-09 01:09 PM
    well apparently we're convirting another 5mil alltels in oct, no relief in site, that's why we're getting uptraining.

09-19-09 01:50 PM
    weekends are SO boring.
    adding insult to injury I'm in a training class all weekend!
    09-19-09 03:18 PM
    Sounds like you need a vacation.

It's sad when you work retail and you see on your schedule that you have three days off in a row coming up, and you almost CRY you're so happy.
    09-19-09 06:55 PM
    I would loove a vacation. I have next weekend off and we're going to the mountains to pack up our camper to haul back to the valley for the winter. It will be niiiice... Even better? NO SIGNAL!!!!

09-19-09 08:08 PM
    I'm glad everyone loves me so much and they cry theyre happy to see me coming
    09-19-09 08:17 PM
    I'm glad everyone loves me so much and they cry theyre happy to see me coming
    I think there is an app for that
    09-19-09 08:44 PM
    I think there is an app for that
    Or a cure.

09-19-09 10:21 PM
    I got my shot; so I wont cry. LOL at least not until we drop a 170 deep queue in Oct.
    At least there wont be a repeat of last year when my center was getting 15hrs a week due to lack of calls.
    09-20-09 07:34 AM
    LOL can you tell I'm paying attention in training???

09-20-09 09:33 AM
    I'm having fun paying attention in training today too. Haha. They scheduled me for this same thing 3 times already. :P
    09-20-09 06:46 PM
    And to Aaron's post on the first page-> you're totally right about the front desk lady. Lol. But I think she got replaced last week or so making the world (or building) safer for all of those forgetful people.
    09-20-09 06:54 PM
3,731 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD