WDS shocks me the way they treat their employees. This pay decrease is not a shock to me. The beginning of 2008 they hired all the techs at $12 an hour, promised that they would see annual pay increases and many other good promises. The only promise they have kept is that WDS is still a call center. I see a trend here. They are doing annual pay decreases and they are increasing the support that the reps are required to do. I have a list of things that I have heard from the employee of WDS that I think is causing these employees to have every right to speak out against this company: festival seating, roaming sups, having seven sups to answer to and none of them are on the same page, reps not being able to have cell phones on the floor but the sups can, being wrote up for something that happen two months ago or being wrote up for something that a sup told them had to be done and people are being walked for, and for always changing call sequencing. I would say that the reps need to grow some balls and stand up against these changes (hostile picket-line, lol, but ID being a right to work state screws the average employee). What i have to say to all you guys is that if you band together as the representatives of this company you and get Verizons attention ( because you are the ones that are speaking to their customers). If they want to pay you $8.50 and hour, then give then $8.50 an hour quality. You are talking to Verizon's customers, so if you really want Verizon to be up WDS' BUTTS then give the customers crappy service.
    12-17-09 11:47 PM
    As much as I would like to agree with you on that... ID is a right-to-work state and there's nothing we can about the work conditions because WDS isn't violating any of the laws that don't exist to protect the employees. They pull the sh*t that they pull because they can get away with it and they know it. If we all stand up together- we will all get fired together. And then WDS will continue to hire not only enough people to replace us, but also another 100 just for good measure....
    12-17-09 11:53 PM
    As much as I would like to agree with you on that... ID is a right-to-work state and there's nothing we can about the work conditions because WDS isn't violating any of the laws that don't exist to protect the employees. They pull the sh*t that they pull because they can get away with it and they know it. If we all stand up together- we will all get fired together. And then WDS will continue to hire not only enough people to replace us, but also another 100 just for good measure....
    oh but thats not all true, sure idaho is a right to work state, but they have to report more than 30% of their workforce being fired 30 days in advanced to the idaho labor and commerce or they will be fined.

Also mis-reporting time cards is a big one
    A friend that is down there also said that they where cashing her aflac cheque.
    12-18-09 12:12 AM
    Why should we force companies to do something? If you don't like the working conditions, get a job that treats you better. No more government please.
    12-18-09 12:32 AM
    Wow. Glad I am away for this fight. Today we are in guatemala. Weather is awsome and leaving the ship to check it out soon.

Have great day

Lastraid in guatemala

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 09:14 AM
    I feel seriously bad for reps in Boise.

Wow-za
    12-18-09 12:30 PM
    Hey will all of our boise reps and other VZW employees who have been populating this thread please send me a PM? I don't want to try and find you guys and send you a PM from my BB cus that will take forever.

12-18-09 12:53 PM
    I still say some of ya'll should leave idaho and come internal

12-18-09 01:03 PM
    Hey will all of our boise reps and other VZW employees who have been populating this thread please send me a PM? I don't want to try and find you guys and send you a PM from my BB cus that will take forever.

Are you going to give us presents?
    12-18-09 01:06 PM
    I still say some of ya'll should leave idaho and come internal

Exactly. I'm sorry for you guys though. If and when you leave, make it "memorable".
    12-18-09 01:07 PM
    Wds just locked us out of the CB site

12-18-09 01:10 PM
    That is why I would like you guys to pm me. We have a new thread.

12-18-09 01:14 PM
    Wds just locked us out of the CB site

See, it has started! If this was not true then WDS would not have blocked this site! Time for the Boise reps to "Man up" and walk out, If the que spikes and verizon customers are on hold longer cause WDS can't take calls they will loose the contract!

12-18-09 01:22 PM
    They said they blocked CB because this thread. They said it was a bash WDS blog.

12-18-09 01:30 PM
    So to the WDS employees who can no loger enjoy CB durring work, and now have pretty much nothing to do between calls (sinces books are also not allowed) I am sorry. I feel slightly resposible.

12-18-09 01:32 PM
    I guess there is no way for people who work to let out their frustrations now!! Of course if you speak up to a supervisor and say "this is not right" or "That is not right" you will see a pink slip or walked out. I guess they want mindless drones, just sit down and take calls! A friend of mine that works their was told by another company they wont hire anyone from WDS-Boise because of the hostility of the place and they do not want any negativity into their work place! I will keep my friends in Boise in mind and hope for the best!
    12-18-09 03:28 PM
    Lol true story. I was turned away from two VZW stores and a Sprint store because I worked at WDS.

12-18-09 03:32 PM
    It sucks because a company should take care of the employees so the employees in return will take care of them. When you can't go get a different job because you have WDS on your resume that speaks for it self!

12-18-09 04:00 PM
    lol, it looks like "Company X" changed their mind
    12-18-09 04:01 PM
    Lol true story. I was turned away from two VZW stores and a Sprint store because I worked at WDS.
    Wait wha? You serious?
    12-18-09 04:04 PM

I'd love to, but my DROID hates the PM screen.

12-18-09 04:10 PM
    Wait wha? You serious?
    Yeah. I took it off my resume and turned it into the same sprint store. He called me for an interview but when he saw me he said, "oh I remember you. I am sorry but I can't hire WDS agents." It was pretty funny.

12-18-09 04:28 PM
    Sheesh I would expect to hear next bosie is closing. Sorry guys do feel bad and hope it does not get worse for you.

12-18-09 05:02 PM
    Yeah. I took it off my resume and turned it into the same sprint store. He called me for an interview but when he saw me he said, "oh I remember you. I am sorry but I can't hire WDS agents." It was pretty funny.

Did he actually give a reason?
    12-18-09 05:17 PM
    So there was a mass email today saying the agent pay cut rumor was/is false coming from a higher-up so we shall see
    12-18-09 05:21 PM
3,731 ... 112113114115116 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD