Has anyone received a random fee on their account for $70 as an equipement charge? I have had by curve and my wifes curve for several months and just received an equipment charge on her line. Customer service at VZW have not answered what it is and can't give me the same answer between reps... We never sent in for any rebates and paid the phone prices under the update fees. Mine came from Best Buy and the wifes was purchased at the verizon store with my corporate discount...

Any thoughts as I can't get anything consistant from VZW? I have no issues paying it if this something I did but would like to see if this is something others have come across with there phone purchase from the VZW store...
    03-30-09 03:15 PM
    What is written next to the charge? Should have an order number or something....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 03:20 PM
    It just says Equipment Charge $70? Does it say Chargeback? Have you bought anything? Did you accept your two year agreement when you bought your curves? Did you trade in your phones? They could be two restocking fees..
    03-30-09 03:20 PM
    Simply says equipement charge next to the fee. Nothing was purchased other than the phones a few months back and the old phones were both around 3 years old... The 2 year agreement was signed when the phones were purchased...
    03-30-09 03:29 PM
    Did you swap your phone for a different phone? Did you purchase a phone then go to the curve?
    03-30-09 03:31 PM
    Any thoughts as I can't get anything consistant from VZW?
    Call them back. Do not let them off the line till they can provide a valid explanation of the charge or agree to remove it off the account.
    03-30-09 05:59 PM
    If its an error they will gladly remove it when you hassle them enough.
    03-30-09 06:04 PM
    Simply says equipement charge next to the fee. Nothing was purchased other than the phones a few months back and the old phones were both around 3 years old... The 2 year agreement was signed when the phones were purchased...
    Your bill will tell you "equipment charge" but the website (MyVerizon) and 611 can give you information on what it is for.

Those phones you got a few months back purchased directly from VZW or did you get them from a retailer?

03-30-09 07:34 PM
    Stopped by the VZW store it was purchased at on the way home from work, come to find out they never processed the contract that was signed when the phone was purchased...
    03-30-09 08:14 PM
    I knew it was a contract .
    03-30-09 10:09 PM
    So wait a second - were the charges legitimate or did they credit it for youv

03-30-09 10:13 PM
    They were legitimate. If you do not accept the contract within a certain time frame we charge you the difference from what you paid and the FRP.
    03-30-09 10:20 PM
    But he said the contract was signed at the time of purchase...

03-30-09 10:45 PM
    Then he said it wasn't processed. Meaning when he goes and either re-signs and/or gets the contract validated then the charges will auto remove.
    03-30-09 10:52 PM
    Ahh random charges, that's why I left verizon.

03-30-09 11:40 PM
    Ahh random charges, that's why I left verizon.

ahh, the ignorant. if only it was a random charge it'd validate your reasoning.

however, its legit.

as someone above stated, if the contract is not accepted w/in a certain timeframe after upgradeing, the difference between FRP and 2yr price is charged to the acct. the OP stated that the contract was signed when the equip was purchased, however the system did not process that contract signature.

all you have to do is call cust care, have them mail you a manual contract, sign it and mail it back. as soon as they receive it and process it the charge comes off the acct.
    03-31-09 01:59 PM
    ahh, the ignorant. if only it was a random charge it'd validate your reasoning.
    I also find it funny that after many years on VZW, I've never once seen one of these so-called "random charges" the ignorant always talk about.

Could these be late fees? Overages? Some dummy only wanting to pay for 250 messages, downloading ringtones & more, then not paying their bill when they did 2500 messages & have loaded their phones with more ringtones than they have respectable friends to call?

Ahh the ignorant is right.

Over 30 lines of service for many years and no problems. Podunk boys with a single line of service always on the verge of disconnection switching to Sprint or MetroPCS don't impress me.

03-31-09 10:15 PM
    Was it the phone you purchased from verizon or the phone you purchased from best buy?

My guess would be that best buy did not communicate to verizon or did not properly capture the signature.
    04-02-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD